General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

I really hate to say this

And I hope I change my opinion

But 2 hours or so into Prey, I'm really unimpressed and disappointed

Looks great and has a good soundtrack so I still have hope but the first few main/side missions are meh

Been getting very into Alien again and very-hyped for Covenant (tried not to be but can't help it), just bought the Alien: Isolation collection for about a tenner so excited to play that. Normally don't like survival horror at all (or horror films in general, things like that scare the shit out of me lol) but since I love Alien (to be honest it's the only one in the franchise that that I really like) I figured I'd give it a go at that price.

Okay I was wrong Prey is amazing

It just has a kinda meh first couple hours (after the cool initial intro)

But now that I've got a full aresenal and abilities and Talos I is opened up in really liking it.

Like a mixture of Deus Ex and Bioshock

Okay I was wrong Prey is amazing

It just has a kinda meh first couple hours (after the cool initial intro)

But now that I've got a full aresenal and abilities and Talos I is opened up in really liking it.

Like a mixture of Deus Ex and Bioshock

i find only having 3 weapons boirng

qbeam? shotty? pistol?

So, has there been any explanation for why in GTA online your accessories don't show up in those mini cutscenes? Seems so weird.

i find only having 3 weapons boirng

qbeam? shotty? pistol?
Stun gun and wrench combo wrecks

Glue gun then switch to shorty also

Not to mention the alien abilities many of which are offensive but I was hoping for a few more weapons as well

Combat is always fun for me though

The game is massive too if you really dig deep into it.

Releasing today in the US and tomorrow in Europe is a PS4 port of the PS2 version of Resident Evil : Code Veronica

Fucking excellent.

In my mind that is the best third person shooter that exists. Think I played it twice on PS3. Look forward to seeing how it still holds up.

Platinum/Sega is getting it right with the prices, too.

If you own Bayonetta on Steam, 25% off on Vanquish. Or, if you both together, 25% off each.

E1zfDVV.png

Thanks to cugabuh from Gamefaqs. That's a sneaky deal.

Well here's something weird...

Starbreeze live on Twitch with H3H3 to make an announcement.

Starbreeze is one of my favorite devs. The Darkness and the two Riddick games are grossly underrated and underappreciated. Brothers is excellent as well, and Syndicate was ok.

Trying to figure why they'd couple up with H3H3 to announce a game, tho. I'm guessing some kind of casual, trendy multiplayer shooter. Kind of disappointing.

Well here's something weird...

Starbreeze live on Twitch with H3H3 to make an announcement.

Starbreeze is one of my favorite devs. The Darkness and the two Riddick games are grossly underrated and underappreciated. Brothers is excellent as well, and Syndicate was ok.

Trying to figure why they'd couple up with H3H3 to announce a game, tho. I'm guessing some kind of casual, trendy multiplayer shooter. Kind of disappointing.

system shock........3

http://www.pcgamer.com/phantom-dust-remaster-is-hitting-pc-this-week-and-its-free/

The news comes via Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg, who made the announcement on Twitter. The game will release on the Windows Store on May 16 as a Play Anywhere title, meaning if you have an Xbox One you'll be able to use the same save games with the PC version. The multiplayer component will also feature cross-play between both platforms.

The offer isn't limited either: Greenberg later confirmed that it will be permanently free, though it's possible to "buy multiplayer cards", though players who don't do that "will not be penalized".

The re-make has 16:9 support and "some nice frame rate updates". Sure, it's not the full blown remake we were waiting for in 2014, but then, it wasn't coming to PC back then either. It's a free game.

Phantom Dust releasing on PC this week, May 16. Tomorrow. It's also free, but it's locked to Windows Store. I suppose this is an attempt to get people to register with/use Windows Store.

I'd like to buy this game but I'm not interested in another platform. I already have Origin, Steam, GOG, uPlay; that's enough for me. Hopefully this will release on Steam later on but if it does, I doubt it'll be free. I have no problem paying for it tho.

I had this on XBOX but couldn't get into at the time. I've always wanted to give it another try. It's pretty bizarre and unusual looking.

Portal Knights is out next week. I don't bother with Minecraft games but I liked the demo. It seems to have a structure and a bunch of rpg mechanics.

Fucking Sony. Their motto should be, No bandwaggon left behind.

So Shadow Warrior 2 randomly popped up in the store on Xbox

Loved the first one, and psa it's actually a really good deal on both PS4 and Xbox one

I hate digital but digitally you can get both games in a bundle for $35

Great deal imo

Loving 2 so far, they made it borderlands esqe but I'm fine with it

Back