General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

Without checking the scoreboard, I have no sense of how I'm doing in an online shooter. I just played 3 games of attrition in Titanfall 2: I went 4-2, 2-0, and then 23-3. I had 50 more points than the second place guy on our team, but I felt like I was doing marginally better than in the previous two games where I suuuuuucked. I'm also pretty sure this is the only game where I'll ever get 150 points or more.

After watching the Scorpio reveal and seeing that $500 price tag I decided to go buy a slim. I'll probably keep buying the big AAAs on my PS4 and use the Xbox for backwards compatibility and Path of Exile when it comes out

I feel like all the criticism I've heard/read about Quantum Break is accurate, and the PC port (even the improved D3D11 version on Steam) leaves a lot to be desired. That said, I think it's worth the 20 bucks that I paid for it. If you're still on the fence even at 50% but still want to give it a go, I would definitely recommend grabbing it at 10, whenever that happens.

Just spend the first two hours making sure you're happy with the way it runs so that, if you need to, you can ask for a refund.

New Hellblade trailer. Looking good.

I feel like all the criticism I've heard/read about Quantum Break is accurate, and the PC port (even the improved D3D11 version on Steam) leaves a lot to be desired. That said, I think it's worth the 20 bucks that I paid for it. If you're still on the fence even at 50% but still want to give it a go, I would definitely recommend grabbing it at 10, whenever that happens.

Just spend the first two hours making sure you're happy with the way it runs so that, if you need to, you can ask for a refund.
That game was a massive disappointment. There wasn't much gameplay in it. It was mostly a narrative driven experience with snippets of gameplay in between. I can understand what they were trying to do and I can even appreciate it, I just don't think it made for a good game.

That game was a massive disappointment. There wasn't much gameplay in it. It was mostly a narrative driven experience with snippets of gameplay in between. I can understand what they were trying to do and I can even appreciate it, I just don't think it made for a good game.
One of the things I remember people who didn't enjoy Alan Wake being unhappy about was that the combat got repetitive. I wonder if Remedy didn't try to avoid that by simply having less of it altogether.

When you get a notification that pretty much your whole Steam wishlist is on sale...
quick-sad.gif

PUBG and Overwatch, keep me strong.

One of the things I remember people who didn't enjoy Alan Wake being unhappy about was that the combat got repetitive. I wonder if Remedy didn't try to avoid that by simply having less of it altogether.
I thought the gameplay itself was good but limited.

The game basically boils down to this: Cutscene, show segment, gameplay, cutscene, show, gameplay.
The cutscenes and show were very story heavy, but when you got to the gameplay, it was just shooting. Shooting only. And if you weren't shooting, then the gameplay was only walking.
It would have been nice if they'd been a little more creative with the gameplay.

I thought the powers were cool and mechanics handled well, but... I don't know how to describe it. It's like gamers and developers consider one thing to be gameplay, and it has to be shooting. We've got this great story to tell, and we're putting a lot of effort into the story, but how do we turn that into a game? So they tell the story and remove any interaction from it, but to make it a game they throw in some random shooting of endless bad guys because that's what a game is and that's all a game can be.

That's what was disappointing to me. They take control away from you for the majority of the game, but here's some shooting because gamers are idiots and it's all we want.

That's one of the things that is intriguing to me about Hellblade. Tameem talks about breaking that cycle of expectations that every game has to meet. Immerse me in the experience and don't just give me the cliche gameplay bits.

I now am a member of he PC master race!

ItFollows on steam haha

Been playing Sanctum 2 on PC, played the hell out of it on 360 but its so much better on PC.

Super fun game, i love that not only are you setting up defenses but you also are on the ground in first person able to shoot the enemies as well. Love the art design of the game too.

Steam Sale has only got me for 20 bucks, but I'm planning on buying either Fallout 4 or X-Com 2 before it's over.

Pretty excited for Sea of Thieves, it looks like the perfect game for drunken friend gaming.

That water...

3 more hours of work and then im spending all weekend playing Crash Bandicoot.

Picked up the latest Hitman on sale on psn, anyone played it? I've heard good things.

Picked up the latest Hitman on sale on psn, anyone played it? I've heard good things.

Its definitely better than Absolution lol. Just remember to pick up any tools (hammer, screwdriver, wrench, etc.) that you stumble across. Youll need them to set up assassinations.

Its definitely better than Absolution lol. Just remember to pick up any tools (hammer, screwdriver, wrench, etc.) that you stumble across. Youll need them to set up assassinations.

Good to hear, i think i only played like 3 missions of Absolution and got bored and traded it.

Back