Gegard Mousasi not happy about Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker interim title fight

Moose is fucking right; pay the man if you want his services.

Deserves at least $250K to show and $250K to win to fight Rockhold as a Headliner or Co-Main; if not fuck this shit, jump ship and go to Bellator or Japan, make almost the same money to fight guys that are 10% as good.

Pipe down Moose, if you had destroyed Jacare like Whittaker did then you would have gotten the TS long ago. Instead you got dominated.

"I thought I was ranked higher than Whittaker."
XAYMNWI.png

But you ain't...
{<shrug}

So fall back.

You're out of your mind.i suggest you see all the cans robers crushed with fight finder. Jacare and moose fought years ago.Brunsons not impressive.

Sauce starched Hendo,Belfort,Weidman and Hall in the rematch.

It's not even close who's streak is better

Also I could say thompson knocked his ass out years ago as well having the same logic you're using
Whittaker has a better streak. The guys Mousasi beat are all years out of their prime with the exception of Weidman, and Whittaker starched two guys that Mousasi lost to.

Whittaker has a better streak. The guys Mousasi beat are all years out of their prime with the exception of Weidman, and Whittaker starched two guys that Mousasi lost to.
Doesn't matter.A ww knocked out Whitaker and his only decent win is Jacare. Not enough merit friend.Also didn't moose ko hall in the rematch?

Whittaker will get wrecked and move down the list unfortunately where he will remain.Jacare fought moose years ago.

So you don't think Moose couldn't beat Thompson or Courts ass lol

He's not popular enough and unfortunately in today's sport the popular get title shots not the best

He is not wrong.
I HATE how this role reversal thing, where the PROMOTION demands of fighters to be famous before they start promoting them.
it is ridiculous! The UFC is the promotion! THEY are the ones who should be spending money to make Mousasi become more famous to those who do nto know him!!!
Yeah, I've said similar things about the UFC as well. They are god awful at promotion. If you're not going to let others in on the promotion business then they should be doing STELLAR at the job themselves. The missed opportunities on promoting some of these guys is mind boggling. It is their job to get people's eyes on the fighters. It's not up to the fighter to "go viral" before the UFC starts promoting. That's not how promoting works.

I like Moose, but he shouldn't be ahead of Whitaker for the title shot. He beat Weidman after Rockhold and Romero had already destroyed him. His win there wasn't better than Whitaker's dismantling of Jacare. He beats Rockhold and then he is undeniably the man

If the UFC matchmakers were smart they would have offered Gegard the interim title shot vs Romero, considering they negotiating a new contract for him.

On top of that they offered him a meh contract, like they want him to sign with Bellator.
Tbh they probably don't care if he goes to Bellator, since he isn't a draw.

Doesn't matter.A ww knocked out Whitaker and his only decent win is Jacare. Not enough merit friend.Also didn't moose ko hall in the rematch?

Whittaker will get wrecked and move down the list unfortunately where he will remain.Jacare fought moose years ago.

So you don't think Moose couldn't beat Thompson or Courts ass lol
Mousasi lost to Uriah Hall by stoppage. It's his own damn fault.

Jacare at the time of being stopped is also a better win then Weidman.

Jacare was finished flawlessly. Weidman and Mousasi was very close.

Beat Rockhold and he'll be first in line to face whoever smashes Bisping.

When Anderson first won the belt, these discussions were irrelevant because champs defended 3x per year and everyone got a shot. Now it's a waiting game.

I understand that his streak is not as long as Romero or Whittaker, but people should also recognise that in addition to having a 5 fight winning streak...he has continuously been ranked as a top fighter since 2008, is a two weight DREAM world champ, 2x DREAM tournament champ, Strikeforce LHW champ and has yet to get a title shot.

I don't have the Sherdog old rankings but based on fight matrix he has not dropped outside the top 15 since then and has been ranked as high as #4 at LHW too.

Does pedigree count for anything or is it just win streak?

Mousasi lost to Uriah Hall by stoppage. It's his own damn fault.

Jacare at the time of being stopped is also a better win then Weidman.

Jacare was finished flawlessly. Weidman and Mousasi was very close.

Beat Rockhold and he'll be first in line to face whoever smashes Bisping.

When Anderson first won the belt, these discussions were irrelevant because champs defended 3x per year and everyone got a shot. Now it's a waiting game.
His merit doesn't meet his wins

I'm not happy about a Yoel interim fight either, but nothing is stopping Yoel from that belt either way.

Also, Gegard is free to talk as much shit as he likes. Make those headlines Gegard.

Yeah, I've said similar things about the UFC as well. They are god awful at promotion. If you're not going to let others in on the promotion business then they should be doing STELLAR at the job themselves. The missed opportunities on promoting some of these guys is mind boggling. It is their job to get people's eyes on the fighters. It's not up to the fighter to "go viral" before the UFC starts promoting. That's not how promoting works.

I like Moose, but he shouldn't be ahead of Whitaker for the title shot. He beat Weidman after Rockhold and Romero had already destroyed him. His win there wasn't better than Whitaker's dismantling of Jacare. He beats Rockhold and then he is undeniably the man

I agree with you.
But it sucks not to have a set formula for these guys.
Mousasi did his job. He beat the guys put in front of him.
Kind of how Jacare was passed over by Luke because luke beat Machida while Jacare fought Camozzi (not his fault romero pulled out)...

But I do think last fight notwithstanding Mou has fought better overall competition than Whittaker. But his win over Jacare resonates more to the (new) fans...

Didn't Whittaker knock out a guy who beat Gegard convincingly?

Mousasi feels like the sport owes him or something. His only win over anyone with an impressive win is Weidman which was controversial and just happened. He needs another big win before a title fight

I used to like Moose a lot, but at this point I'd be happy to see him leave for Bellator. The guy just bitches and moans non stop now. He speaks nonsense as well. Fighting for more than 10 years has nothing to do with you deserving a title shot. And why is he bringing USADA up? What does that have to do with Whittaker getting the shot over him?

Whittaker deserves it more. His streak is bigger and he's looked way more impressive. He also beat Hall and Jacare, who both beat Moose easily.

I agree with you.
But it sucks not to have a set formula for these guys.
Mousasi did his job. He beat the guys put in front of him.
Kind of how Jacare was passed over by Luke because luke beat Machida while Jacare fought Camozzi (not his fault romero pulled out)...

But I do think last fight notwithstanding Mou has fought better overall competition than Whittaker. But his win over Jacare resonates more to the (new) fans...
Yeah, they definitely need a formula. Who has the most "twitter followers" is a terrible way to decide who gets promoted, when it's the UFC's job to promote and they routinely fail at it.
Considering how salaries can vary so wildly, there should be a much clearer path to paydays. The only real clear one is a title shot. If you get a title shot that opens you up to more Reebok money, PPV points and headline spots.
I agree that Moose should be getting paid more, because as he said, he is always headlining or co-headlining cards..but I think he needs 1 more win for a TS. Moose undoubtedly has a more impressive resume than Whittaker, but giving the TS to Moose would feel like giving an older actor an Academy Award for their body of work, and not their actual recent accomplishments. Whittaker isn't far above Moose though...it's really that one win over Jacare, and how Whittaker put him away that gives him the edge for me.

Back