Game of Thrones S07E06 Discussion Thread: The Kids are all Wight (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread Title? (Tag @Lethal for any other suggestions)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep bringing this up. In episode one, Jon commands Tormund and the wildling army to man Eastwatch in case of an attack. That's atleast a somewhat sizeable force right there. So Jon has already addressed this issue.

The northerners at Winterfell are so fickle that they are already contemplating abandoning Jon's cause. Who from that group is going to join the wildlings at Eastwatch? The Glovers? The Vale? Jon knows that isn't going to happen, especially while he's abroad trying to get help. Bran (who is in Winterfell, mind you) actually saw the army marching towards Eastwatch and there still seems to be no sense of urgency from the northerners, including Sansa. There's also the possibility that they simply don't have the supplies and provisions to make such a trip. And even if they do, Eastwatch doesn't have the ability to shelter tens of thousands of soldiers.

Jon's mission right now is to make sure the northerners and wildlings aren't the only ones who end up fighting the army of the dead. It will be a massacre and Jon knows it, which is why he left for Dragonstone in the first place to make an alliance with Dany. In order for Dany to enlist to the cause, they needed to neuter Cercei for the time being, hence the plan to bring the wight to King's Landing (which probably won't work).

I hope this post helps you understand the situation better.

You again. If it is believed that the Wildlings can hold the wall by themselves then the Night King isn't much of a threat. You made up a bunch of excuses but the fact is Jon Snow didn't order his army to reinforce Eastwatch after learning that the Night King was marching there. The last time we discussed this, you made up some bullshit about how Jon Snow knows that the dead can't across the wall and some other bullshit. A lot of what you write is nonsense, I'm not going to discuss this any further.

It's been stated many times that the dead cannot cross the wall as it stands. How they will make it to the other side remains unknown, but Jon is clearly concerned that they will try to cross it near Eastwatch somehow. Whether they try walking around it when the coastal water freezes, breaching the gate at EW, or something else, remains to be seen. There's also a theory that now that they have a dragon it can melt a section of the wall so they can cross it but I have my reservations about that one.

EDIT: And Jon clearly wants to mobilize the armies of the north to fight the dead as soon as possible. He's stated this multiple times. "We'll fight with the men we have" he said to Dany in a previous episode. Now that he knows how close the dead are he will send word to Winterfell and all of the northern houses. He also needs to ensure that his fighting force has the right weapons to attack with by transporting the mined dragon glass to the north. The fact that we haven't seen some of these things happen yet doesn't mean that they won't, or that they are not in the process of happening already.

Why did the Night King and his Generals not get the Tarly treatment???...I know... to advance the storyline. Would have been so easy...
giphy.gif

And don't give me ice javelins...Dany and her dragons had the element of surprise. Jon should have told Gendry in the raven message to attack the Night King at the onset.

Why did the Night King and his Generals not get the Tarly treatment???...I know... to advance the storyline. Would have been so easy...
giphy.gif

And don't give me ice javelins...Dany and her dragons had the element of surprise. Jon should have told Gendry in the raven message to attack the Night King at the onset.
The Night King has the Sight, he can see into the future, which is why in the episode before the white walkers were gathered around the same place as where the magnificent 7 went to find a wight in Bran's vision.

The Night King wanted the Dragon, which is why he sent the one white walker with a small army of wights to delay the magnificent 7 until Dany and the Dragon's got there.

The last few episodes have had some great entertaining moments but in the broader sense the writing is starting to turn to shit imo.

I am afraid you are right. Something is lost.

The Night King has the Sight, he can see into the future, which is why in the episode before the white walkers were gathered around the same place as where the magnificent 7 went to find a wight in Bran's vision.

The Night King wanted the Dragon, which is why he sent the one white walker with a small army of wights to delay the magnificent 7 until Dany and the Dragon's got there.

Let's talk about Bran/ 3 eyed raven. He knows the King in the North/ Mag 7 are going beyond the wall and will face trouble yet he doesn't warg into Viserion and avoid the javelin and help Jon Snow take out the Night King???

Let's talk about Bran/ 3 eyed raven. He knows the King in the North/ Mag 7 are going beyond the wall and will face trouble yet he doesn't warg into Viserion and avoid the javelin and help Jon Snow take out the Night King???
Bran is a piece of shit and when (if) he dies I will be extremely delighted.

I'm also under the assumption that he's not really Bran anymore, that once he was in the tree that he became the Three Eyed Raven and that Bran the person is pretty much dead.

giphy.gif

Did you not see the scene where the night king walked right through fire like it was nothing? The white walkers have also shown the ability to walk through fire, too, although we haven't seen them walk through dragon fire,which is hotter than normal fire, yet.

Did you not see the scene where the night king walked right through fire like it was nothing? The white walkers have also shown the ability to walk through fire, too, although we haven't seen them walk through dragon fire,which is hotter than normal fire, yet.
People can't seem to understand that the fire from Visery's was killing wights, not white walkers.

Not a bad theory bout the night king dude.

It's called rational thinking. It wouldn't be safe for you.;)

It's called over-thinking the fuck out of a show and not enjoying it

The quick response time of Dany makes sense to talk about, sure - but to delve this far in is kind of fucky

Last edited:
Jon cements his place at the #1 P4P (Human division) list.

How many dudes in history have slayed 2 walkers?

The Hound drops sharply. Fucking choked when Thoros was getting fucked by that bear.

Also tipped the whights off about the frozen lake, He came through with the Tormund save, but I am not impressed with his purrformance.

Yeah, the Hound's fear of fire was always going to be a weakness in a series called "A song of ice and fire".

You again. If it is believed that the Wildlings can hold the wall by themselves then the Night King isn't much of a threat. You made up a bunch of excuses but the fact is Jon Snow didn't order his army to reinforce Eastwatch after learning that the Night King was marching there. The last time we discussed this, you made up some bullshit about how Jon Snow knows that the dead can't across the wall and some other bullshit. A lot of what you write is nonsense, I'm not going to discuss this any further.
So I see you have nothing to refute my post with other then calling it "bullshit" several times and trying to shut down the conversation.

Looks like I win.

And for the record, no one thinks the wildlings can hold the wall by themselves. That's you making shit up again. Although, since the wall is there to help, the wildlings could probably repel an attack for a little while. The Night's Watch held off the wildling attack in season 4 despite being heavily outnumbered, because they had a strategically advantageous position.

She could have bathed the Night King and his White Walker bros in fire on the way out. If the Night King turns out to be immune at the least he would lose his bros and all the wights rezzed by his bros would die too.

You mean turn around and fly at the guy one shotting dragons?

giphy.gif

Did Jon somehow know the Night King was going to be there?

Bran is a piece of shit and when (if) he dies I will be extremely delighted.

I'm also under the assumption that he's not really Bran anymore, that once he was in the tree that he became the Three Eyed Raven and that Bran the person is pretty much dead.
Bran is literally one of the last remaining interesting characters left on this show. Your casual is showing.

In this case, I don't know how the wight that the group brought back with them is able to "live" on the other side. Perhaps it is because the dragon it was riding on flew over the wall instead of going through it. If this is the case, Jon and Dany have inadvertently screwed all of Westeros, since the dead now have a dragon of their own to fly over the wall with.

They set up the wight they captured to be able to live by flying over the wall. The wight that was reanimated at castle black was just a dead guy when passing through the wall, but was revived once inside castle black. That seems to suggest that whatever signal of sorts is being sent to reanimate them can definitely pass over the wall, but the physical bodies can't yet pass through or touch the wall.

So Uncle Ben can't walk through the wall pathways.

Does he know that for a fact or is it just like " I heard that ... so it's probably true"

What happens if he tries?

Does an invisible force knock him on his ass?

He'll probably explode like those wights did at the entrance of the tree where the three eyed raven lived.

It's going to take a fuck of a long time to transport the army of the dead over via one dragon at like 10 at a time

You've heard it here first: The Night King makes a deal with Cersei to transport the wights through the wall. He'll de-resurrect them long enough for them to pass through, then reanimate them again. She then becomes his Queen and they share the iron throne.

I assumed the spell on the wall is similar to the Weretree the 1ER was in...

and since NK touched bran and 'branded' him, he was able to enter w/ his cronies...

so as Bran already went back through the wall w/ Meera, etc... does that bond w/ Bran allow him to pass through the spelled wall?

I've assumed the same thing, but I guess we will have to wait to see what happens if the Night King approaches the wall. If the spell is gone, then Benjen kinda sacrificed himself for nothing as he too could pass. Though you could still argue that the horse wasn't capable of carrying two men all the way back to the wall.

Episode 5 starts with fucking Jaime being rescued from the water by Bronn. You have to be a wight, a body with no brain, to not be turned off by that.

Qyburn is ahead of his time. That gold hand of Jaime's doubles as an oxygen cylinder and one of the fingers is a breathing apparatus, lol.

I know i'm putting real world logic into a fantasy world, but don't you need some kind of muscle to swim? wouldn't bones just sink

That doesn't apply because they would also need muscle, ligaments, etc to walk. Just go back and look at the scene where Bran, Meera, Jojen, and Hodor were attacked at the entrance to the tree where the Three Eyed Raven lived. Some of those wights appeared to be complete skeletons.

His mouth looks like a butthole.

No chap stick north of the wall.

Bran sees everything if I remember correctly, but he doesn't fully know how to make use of all of that information yet. Remember that he messed up by using his power before the Three Eyed Raven had trained him and ended up getting touched by the Night King. The Three Eyed Raven died as a result before Bran completely understood his powers. Eventually he should learn more about his ability by using it, but I doubt he's going to be the key to Jon, Arya, and Sansa learning everything they need to know. As others said, it doesn't appear that Bran is still a normal person or the person he was anymore. It would also be far too convenient for him to have a few conversations with his family that will literally solve every issue they will ever face.

Bran fucking sucks. He could have used his raven spy satellite network to help coordinate a dragon-drone strike right on top of the Night King's head, but he didn't. What a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back