Game of Thrones S07E06 Discussion Thread: The Kids are all Wight (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread Title? (Tag @Lethal for any other suggestions)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are my multi-quotes too long and should I break those up into individual replies over a period of time instead? I know from seeing replies in other threads that the majority do not seem to read long posts, so I figured I would ask.

And to be on-topic...I'm curious if the Night King is warging all of the wights directly in his control.

I also can't shake this sneaking suspicion I have that the Dothraki charging in the preview are charging of their own accord and aren't supposed to be. Like I said in another post... this isn't the Civilization games or Age of Empires where cavalry can take down stone walls.
The Dothraki in the preview are just there to flex. It seems they are outside the walls of Kings Landing unless that's some really odd editing. Dany brought the whole crew as a display of power.

You've heard it here first: The Night King makes a deal with Cersei to transport the wights through the wall. He'll de-resurrect them long enough for them to pass through, then reanimate them again. She then becomes his Queen and they share the iron throne.
It'll be interesting to see what nasty surprises the different factions are going to spring at the finale.

How are we 100 pages in and people still don't get it? DRAGON GLASS KILLS WIGHTS AND WHITE WALKERS. Jorah and the Hound had dragon glass daggers, and Tormund had a dragon glass axe. Regular weapons aren't effective.
Maybe because that doesn't sync with the actual lore. Obsidian kills White Walkers but is useless against the wights. The show broke away from that somewhere along the way. I don't necessarily think it was a bad idea. It gives the heros a winnable fight during these encounters. Wights are supposed to be nearly unstoppable (except by fire). Chop off an arm, now the wight and it's severed arm are coming for you. It didn't make sense at Hardhome when they were felling wights left and right.

Last edited:
absolutely agree. Frost Maul showed his ability to do that on Hardhome. Would have made sense with Viserion as well.
It would have made for a nice visual, but the dragon itself wouldn't have been as powerful. He raises wights that way. To raise a White Walker requires his actual touch, as evidenced by the scene with Crasters son at the ice altar.

mgot_706_sansa_robb_scroll_01_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_sansa_robb_scroll_03_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_sansa_robb_scroll_02_1200x800.jpg

And Bran's role is just telling people about racy and/or horrific incidents from their past that he saw.
Bran: I saw you that night with the bear. It was so beautiful.

Tormund:
<GOT2>

Bran fucking sucks. He could have used his raven spy satellite network to help coordinate a dragon-drone strike right on top of the Night King's head, but he didn't. What a turd.
Can't tell if srs

its just 3-4 people trolling.... hardy har how did dany fly there over night without stopping to go to the bathroom...

I

I love how everyone shitting on this episode is either a "troll, insane or weren't paying any attention."

Any more bullshit reasons as to why people did not fully enjoy this episode like yourself?

Oh look... dragons!!!

Idiot...

I guess when the episode's own director is mentioning the number one issue that many have which is a the timeline, that makes him a troll, hater and someone who couldn't read into it too then hi?

As Taylor tells Variety, the Thrones team has been focusing on the “emotional experience” of Snow-cean’s Seven’s misguided mission rather than the particulars of how it unfolds. “We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there,” Taylor says, which “worked for some people, for other people it didn’t.” Noting that fans “seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly,” Taylor brings up “plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.” Ultimately, the story took precedence over the pacing; there was just too much important stuff to address, though that doesn’t seem to include discussing just how stupid the plan to capture a wight was in the first place.

The director, who helmed several episodes in seasons one and two, says “it’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly,” as if he weren’t at all concerned with how much of our Sunday nights and Monday mornings we’re spending on models for the raven’s flight to Dragonstone and Dany’s subsequent flight to Jon’s exact location. He continued: “If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.” Okay, back to our models.

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

Ya even the director admitted it was an issue but keep on calling people trolls, haters and idiots because you enjoy turning your brain off for a Michael Bay action flick.

Holy moses people

Reading into to the show waaaaay too hard

Instead of leaving the episode with "I enjoyed that" you're sitting and pondering the most elaborate things

My goodness what is this

lol

what is happening

Your complaining about complaining is no better.

A fair amount of shows the quality goes down as they progress:

- House was really good the first 3 seasons then got a little off for season 4-5 and then the last two were just ridiculous

- Sons of Anarchy in my opinion was really good the first two seasons and then really jumped the shark when they all ran to Ireland and shit

- Justified was super good the first two seasons too imo then got a little odd after that

Nah dude, it's just you. Change your attitude and maybe you'll enjoy them like everyone else..

I feel like this is just the producers and such losing the prop that had the seal on it and nothing more.

Nah dude, it's just you. Change your attitude and maybe you'll enjoy them like everyone else..
You mean like how I force myself to watch the WWE highlights and still end up shaking my head in disbelief 95% of the times when it isn't Brock, Strowman, and Reigns throwing each other through barriers?

I feel sorry for the people that let a few chains get in the way of them enjoying the show.

We've literally been waiting 7 years to see the undead and walkers fight dragons. Now we finally got it, and people here are rating the episode 1/10.

<Varys01>

This is a straw man bullshit argument. NOBODY is only upset with the episode just cause of some chains.

There were many things in this episode pointed out that were fucked up. Even the director mentions this.

I feel sorry for people who take shit in their hands and eat all of it because they're told it's good for you..

Look dragons!!

Dany waiting for Jon till the very last second only for him to show up... Ewww that was lame and corny.

Disney style crap that should never be in G.O.T. Just like Bronn and Jaime magically making it down the river with thousands of people near by..

Only an idiot would defend this garbage writing and then blame the viewers for being a hating troll..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back