Game of Thrones S07E06 Discussion Thread: The Kids are all Wight (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread Title? (Tag @Lethal for any other suggestions)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But please do complain about my complaining about complaining, cause that's so much better

Legit complaints will be made. Keep hating on them well the director himself mentioned it being a real issue for viewers.

This isn't a G.O.T safe space. It's a discussion thread.

You again. If it is believed that the Wildlings can hold the wall by themselves then the Night King isn't much of a threat.

It's not that they believe they can hold them off. It's just that they can at least slow them down. The wall is what's going to provide them with the most defense. Basically it's better than having no one there at all. They can also send a raven and say were done or they are crossing the wall.

The idea that a dragon would go after the Night King after hitting Drogon was disapproved when one did absolutely nothing well the other got killed.

Theres no excuse for the Night King not going after a sitting Drogon with the captured wight on it. None except for shit writing.

This episode is full of shit writing.

The idea that a dragon would go after the Night King after hitting Drogon was disapproved when one did absolutely nothing well the other got killed.

Theres no excuse for the Night King not going after a sitting Drogon with the captured wight on it. None except for shit writing.

This episode is full of shit writing.
The only defense I have was even though the humans were on Drogon that Drogon didn't pose an immediate threat like Viserion or however you spell it and Rhaegal as they were still doing their "brrrrrrttttt" runs.

And for those that don't get the "bbbbrrrrrtttt" reference:

That's the ONLY defense I have and I can't even really type it with a straight face.

Yeah I feel like this is happening way too often. There's a literary term they use in movies and books for when someone is saved from despair last minute by an outside force. Can't think of what it is though, but the GOT writers are abusing it.

Another issue with this episode. The damn plot armour.. Not one person though Jon was going to die but they went with it anyways.

Underwhelming, I didn't care because there was no way he'd die.

Stannis was also able to see things in the flames...and we all know how that turned out.

And whatever happened to that one hot red priestess from Mareen? The one that spooked out Vary's when she mentioned what the guy who cut off his junk said to him. Anyways, I'm sure other priest/priestess will step up and resurrect Beric

I still think it would have been so much better if she stayed with Dany's crew and was the one to heal Jorah with Lord of Light powers. Or Jorah ran into Melisandre at some point.

Seems like the point of greyscale was just to get Jorah to go do the resident evil movie.

I was hoping for a cool super strength lava arm to punch out White Walkers LOL. Those damn theories!

Another issue with this episode. The damn plot armour.. Not one person though Jon was going to die but they went with it anyways.

We're unfortunately at that stage in a story though where, certain characters (like Tormund for example) don't really have plot armor but no one is going to write him off till at minimum next season if not the end of next season in some grand battle because without him... there's no face for the Wildlings.

We're unfortunately at that stage in a story though where, certain characters (like Tormund for example) don't really have plot armor but no one is going to write him off till at minimum next season if not the end of next season in some grand battle because without him... there's no face for the Wildlings.

Very true. It's hard to see Tormund dying soon because there aren't any other Wildling characters.

I'm very very surprised that Berric made it out alive.

I think the "red shirts" were nothing but a confusing pain in the ass for many during this episode. Every time one of them died, viewers were like "Who's that, who's that, oh no!! Ohh it's just one of those guys they brought with them, whatever!"

The "last second save out of nowhere" is becoming ridiculous now........how many times have we seen it now?

Tywin at Blackwater
LF at Battle of the Bastards
Drogon at Fighting pits of Mereen
Stannis at the Wall
Dany saving Jon
Benjen saving Jon
Benjen saving Bran
Bronn Saving Jaime

Getting tiresome.

What happened to the brotherhood without banners?

Seems to be just thoros and beric ... but there used to be a bow and arrow guy and others

???

The "last second save out of nowhere" is becoming ridiculous now........how many times have we seen it now?

Tywin at Blackwater
LF at Battle of the Bastards
Drogon at Fighting pits of Mereen
Stannis at the Wall
Dany saving Jon
Benjen saving Jon
Benjen saving Bran
Bronn Saving Jaime

Getting tiresome.

Especially with Jon. At least do it with someone we would think is going to die like Jorah or Berric.

So are there any Brothers With Out Banners left? The whole crew pretty much vanished a long with that funny arrow shooting dude.

He would have been good to have with some Dragon Glass arrows. Too bad he's not around anymore.

Very true. It's hard to see Tormund dying soon because there aren't any other Wildling characters.

I'm very very surprised that Berric made it out alive.

I think the "red shirts" were nothing but a confusing pain in the ass for many during this episode. Every time one of them died, viewers were like "Who's that, who's that, oh no!! Ohh it's just one of those guys they brought with them, whatever!"
They had to have cannon fodder is what the non-named characters were for.

Gendry's run as an aside is goofy as fuck looking. At least the way he was running.

Gendry is going to be so pissed the Hound threw the hammer on the ground and moved over to the Dragonglass and left said hammer behind.

So are there any Brothers With Out Banners left? The whole crew pretty much vanished a long with that funny arrow shooting dude.

He would have been good to have with some Dragon Glass arrows. Too bad he's not around anymore.
Beric and sorta The Hound.

I suspect some of the randos we saw dying last episode was the last of their number.

When The Hound re-ran into them last season they were already a pretty small group.

mgot_706_sansa_robb_scroll_01_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_sansa_robb_scroll_03_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_sansa_robb_scroll_02_1200x800.jpg

That Baratheon seal is rubbish. I hope they gave the work experience kid that designed it to the Boltons for practice.

The only defense I have was even though the humans were on Drogon that Drogon didn't pose an immediate threat like Viserion or however you spell it and Rhaegal as they were still doing their "brrrrrrttttt" runs.

And for those that don't get the "bbbbrrrrrtttt" reference:

That's the ONLY defense I have and I can't even really type it with a straight face.

Reps. One of my favourite noises.

Was the final episode leaked? Seemed to be some reports of it airing on spanish television.

I guess when the episode's own director is mentioning the number one issue that many have which is a the timeline, that makes him a troll, hater and someone who couldn't read into it too then hi?

As Taylor tells Variety, the Thrones team has been focusing on the “emotional experience” of Snow-cean’s Seven’s misguided mission rather than the particulars of how it unfolds. “We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there,” Taylor says, which “worked for some people, for other people it didn’t.” Noting that fans “seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly,” Taylor brings up “plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.” Ultimately, the story took precedence over the pacing; there was just too much important stuff to address, though that doesn’t seem to include discussing just how stupid the plan to capture a wight was in the first place.

The director, who helmed several episodes in seasons one and two, says “it’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly,” as if he weren’t at all concerned with how much of our Sunday nights and Monday mornings we’re spending on models for the raven’s flight to Dragonstone and Dany’s subsequent flight to Jon’s exact location. He continued: “If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.” Okay, back to our models.

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

Ya even the director admitted it was an issue but keep on calling people trolls, haters and idiots because you enjoy turning your brain off for a Michael Bay action flick.
So basically, the director hoped for people to be too stupid to realize how much time went by and the distance traveled.

Then he uses the classic "people will watch no matter what, they'll get over it". I fucking hate directors.

Last edited:
Legit complaints will be made. Keep hating on them well the director himself mentioned it being a real issue for viewers.

This isn't a G.O.T safe space. It's a discussion thread.

I would never complain about this show or even most TV and movies in real life because people tend to hate that shit, except certain circles of people who are generally assholes

I use this forum for those thoughts and thank god for it

This is a straw man bullshit argument. NOBODY is only upset with the episode just cause of some chains.

There were many things in this episode pointed out that were fucked up. Even the director mentions this.

I feel sorry for people who take shit in their hands and eat all of it because they're told it's good for you..

Look dragons!!

The only problem with the episode was it's pacing, and for some people it's apparently a huge problem. I'm not really bothered by it, because one of my favourite shows ever was 24, which for the first 4 or 5 seasons took place in LA. LA is very spread out and has some of the worst traffic congestion in the world. Yet a commercial break was typically all it would take for characters to cross the city, and keep in mind the entire premise of the show was that it took place in "real time". I didn't let it bother me though, just like I won't let this bother me.

My only gripe with it is that it's very internally inconsistent when you compare how long it took Sam to get from the Wall to Oldtown, but c'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back