Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've held on from the beginning that the only untouchable characters were Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion and Danny so I 'm nor surprised when any of them survive.

I think Jon dies at the end.

His role in the story is to do werk and eventually give up his life for his peeps.

I also think Sansa will get shanked as a consequence if some scheme by Littlefinger and Arya or Bran will rule the North.

Bran wargs into Hodor in the past, causing everything that has happened to him since. This shows that he is atleast capable of changing things in the past and present (even without his knowledge), although with any good time loop, sans alternate universes, "it was always going to happen that way."

They probably just want to be out of it at this point. 7-8 years is a huge commitment. I dare say Dan and Dave have done little else since 2009.

Yeah I know. They should have passed the reigns on though, instead of being obsessed with finishing it like it's theirs. It's not theirs. It's RR Martin's. And HBO's.

*shrug* I dunno, I like weird time travel theories. I still have a theory that Bran goes back in time and is the same Bran the Builder that founds Winterfell, House Stark and builds the wall, in a crazy time loop.

I've heard that theory as well, very innteresting.........can't imagine they really have time to explore it at this point though.

In fact the was he is basically every Bran in history, including his uncle who got killed by the mad king.

Excellent episode, enjoyed every minute of it.

Yeah I know. They should have passed the reigns on though, instead of being obsessed with finishing it like it's theirs. It's not theirs. It's RR Martin's. And HBO's.

Agreed. In hindsight should have waited until GRRM had finished his books before making the series.

Probably the wrong thread, but a random thought from S2. I was rewatching Blackwater, and...

...I'd really like to know how Bronn and the Hound's drink conversation went.

Might want to edit that.......I see tits!

Last edited:
Agreed in general, but I actually thought it was quite interesting in the Hodor "creation".
Sure, it was interesting and a well done scene. Good stuff.

But as soon as you try to make sense of it and think about it for a bit it always falls apart. That's why I was a bit disappointed with time travel being included. If it were just visions it's fine.

I just hope it doesn't have a huge impact on the rest of the show. But, maybe GRRM somehow can make sense of it all and tell it in a great way. If they continue with it, I hope that's the case.

Why the fuck have Jon and Sansa not heard that Bran is at the Wall? Or have I missed something?

Obviously these guys aren't as good at writing as GRRM but at the same time a lot of what you're talking about is character development throughout the show.

At some point you're characters are fully developed and it's time for the main course.

I've held on from the beginning that the only untouchable characters were Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion and Danny so I 'm nor surprised when any of them survive.

Maybe there will still be some major twist(s) that will happen in this season or the last one. I doubt it's going to be as straightforward as it currently seems. Killing off some of the "untouchable" characters would bring back some unpredictability as well.

But we'll see what happens. While I think the overall quality of the show has declined somewhat, it's still a great show. And the battle looked really cool, although a bit cheesy at times.

Why the fuck have Jon and Sansa not heard that Bran is at the Wall? Or have I missed something?
Yeah, I'd have though the raven would have arrived. Especially considering a raven from Dany already got there, which would have to travel much further.

Maybe Bran asked them not to send a raven or something? Maybe the ravens are dead? Who knows. They might still explain it in the next episodes.

Maybe there will still be some major twist(s) that will happen in this season or the last one. I doubt it's going to be as straightforward as it currently seems. Killing off some of the "untouchable" characters would bring back some unpredictability as well.

But we'll see what happens. While I think the overall quality of the show has declined somewhat, it's still a great show. And the battle looked really cool, although a bit cheesy at times.

Tyrion honestly seems disposable at this point. He could die and it would be a nice little shock to the system but it would have no real impact on where the show is headed. He is useless vs White Walkers and once Cercei is dead we have no reason to keep him around.

I just re-watched the first episode. The Hound and Arya are consistently my favorite parts. I hope they reunite some day.

I looked up the prayer The Hound recites when he buries the farmer and his girl.

"We ask the Father to judge us with mercy, accepting our human frailty. We ask the Mother to bless our crops, so that we may feed ourselves and all who come to our door. We ask the Warrior to give us courage, in these days of strife and turmoil. We ask the Maiden to protect Sally's virtue, to keep her from the clutches of depravity. We ask the Smith to strengthen our hands and our backs so we may finish the work required of us. We ask the Crone to guide us on our journey from darkness to darkness."

When he recites the prayer he gets to the part "We ask the Mother to" then he stops.

The Seven are fucking cans. Couldn't even save their own Great Sept.

Let's get this out the way from me first we got Dickless Greyworm have Lesbian Sex with Mesiandei who has a perfect body and we have Dickeless Theon show his reek side and run away.
Misandei is sex made flesh, hnnnnng.

Probably been mentioned already, but Jon rape-choking Littlefinger mirrors the scene in S1 where his "father" did exactly the same.

And we all know that turned out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back