News Fury didn't beat the count

Well Fury clinged in to Reiss’ shoulders for balance is illegal. That’s why Reiss flinged his gloves off. Never seen a boxer hold on to a ref for balance. Still think Wilder has a valid point about the long count?
Fury did that with the first knockdown as well he does it to communicate and connect personally with the ref I think not for balance as his balance was fine the whole time even when getting up.

You are right he shouldn't do that but I think its part of his mind games

Well Fury clinged in to Reiss’ shoulders for balance is illegal. That’s why Reiss flinged his gloves off. Never seen a boxer hold on to a ref for balance. Still think Wilder has a valid point about the long count?
I don't really think Wilder has a point about a long count its marginal counts are rarely 10sec boxing just has never worked like that. I think wilder doesn't truly believe it either its just going to be part of the rematch hype. Need to build up some animosity after all that post fight hand holding and hugging

People who complain about counts, are always fucking Americans.

You do realise that the count starts when the timekeeper starts it, not when a fucking stopwatch is placed on a screen, and the ref picks up the count from the timekeeper.

I bet there are very few people in the world who can actually count 10 seconds perfectly.

Stop fucknig whining, your making excuses because deep down you know your guy lost, but it got called a draw, so just move on.

The one good thing to come out of all of this, is that it looks like it has raised his profile in the states, which is good for boxing.

Fury isn't on the ground till a half second after 2:21 and he's back on his feet at 2:11 so regardless if you go by the refs count or if you use a stop watch the instant Fury hits the canvas he beats the count.

Also for the non-boxing fans 10 counts in boxing are almost never exactly 10 seconds, they are normally around 11 and this ref was only off by .5 seconds and Fury beat his count by a full second.

Wilder should be getting tons of shit for showing a video where you can clearly see the timer start before Fury is down.

People who complain about counts, are always fucking Americans.

You do realise that the count starts when the timekeeper starts it, not when a fucking stopwatch is placed on a screen, and the ref picks up the count from the timekeeper.

I bet there are very few people in the world who can actually count 10 seconds perfectly.

Stop fucknig whining, your making excuses because deep down you know your guy lost, but it got called a draw, so just move on.

The one good thing to come out of all of this, is that it looks like it has raised his profile in the states, which is good for boxing.
The count will always go in favour the fighter being counted, as they need to beat the count and then the ref needs to be satisfied that the fight can go on....if anything that's the more important but and it relies on the expert judgement of the ref in question.

Its not a case of you have 10 sec to get up if you make it your good to go. That's why so many fighters get waved off once the fighter has returned to their feet.

The ref will normally only call it without a count if the fighter is in proper trouble and needs the Dr immediately or the in case of Tony Bellow last fight his trainer coming in the ring

For fucks sake lol

Fury beat the count.

The question is whether the count was slow or late.

He jumped up when the ref said SIX.
..As if he was waiting for that.

If the referee had said six 0.3 seconds earlier, I think he would have gotten up 0.3 seconds earlier.

Anyway it doesn't matter because the video in the OP is a lie.

The clock starts when Tyson is still on his feet

Lu90kyi_d.jpg

It's ridiculous that this is being questioned. Watching the video from the fight in 1080p It's clear that Fury got up in 9.5 seconds. He doesn't hit the canvas till about a half second after 2:21 and he's back on his feet at 2:11.

Fury isn't on the ground till a half second after 2:21 and he's back on his feet at 2:11 so regardless if you go by the refs count or if you use a stop watch the instant Fury hits the canvas he beats the count.

Also for the non-boxing fans 10 counts in boxing are almost never exactly 10 seconds, they are normally around 11 and this ref was only off by .5 seconds and Fury beat his count by a full second.

Wilder should be getting tons of shit for showing a video where you can clearly see the timer start before Fury is down.

He should be getting it for not being able to finish him in the rest of the round.

I don't really think Wilder has a point about a long count its marginal counts are rarely 10sec boxing just has never worked like that. I think wilder doesn't truly believe it either its just going to be part of the rematch hype. Need to build up some animosity after all that post fight hand holding and hugging

He's not even right, Fury was up in 9.5 seconds. The refs count was long but only by .5 seconds which is more accurate than most 10 counts and Fury beat his count by 1 second.

I don't think he should be criticized for not finishing Fury, he's tough as hell and stunned Wilder after getting back up. He should be criticized for sharing a shitty quality video where the timer starts while Fury is falling and for making a bunch of excuses after getting a draw in a fight he should have lost.

If Fury were acting like this I would understand it more, I wouldn't like it either but Wilder is lucky he got the draw.

Lol. Jack Reiss reffed them... “seriously dude.”
Aha, so you think he hated those other boxers or what? A refs decision in other matches has no relevance on whether a boxer beat the count or not in a totally different match. Like Fury did.

Aha, so you think he hated those other boxers or what? A refs decision in other matches has no relevance on whether a boxer beat the count or not in a totally different match. Like Fury did.

Hated? You missed the point ffs. Has nothing to do with Reiss hating. They beat the count. They weren’t fit to continue. Ortiz was knocked down once. Monroe Jr. twice. Ortiz nor Monroe jr. were “knocked down spark out”

And by Ortiz we mean Victor Ortiz.. lol

And people say the Brit fans are annoying lol.

Hated? You missed the point ffs. Has nothing to do with Reiss hating. They beat the count. They weren’t fit to continue. Ortiz was knocked down once. Monroe Jr. twice. Ortiz nor Monroe jr. were “knocked down spark out”

And by Ortiz we mean Victor Ortiz.. lol

Yet Fury beat the count and continued to outbox Deontay like he did for the duration of the entire fight. So again, you're not making sense...

Yet Fury beat the count and continued to outbox Deontay like he did for the duration of the entire fight. So again, you're not making sense...

Yeah and Jeff Horn looked “marvelous” and “outboxed” Pac to the decision. Lol

Read the Reiss interview. He says that Fury WAS NOT knocked out.

I don't think much arguing that Khan was anything other than KO'd

Of course he wasn’t. Still not gonna stop fans claiming he was out cold. Anyone who’s been knocked out knows you can’t recover from a full ko that quick. He’d have to be superhuman

Isn’t obvious that Fury wasn’t knocked out? How many times he a ref stopped a fight even when the fighter beats the count right there and there?!

It’s obvious that Wilder va Fury is the most talked about. That’s obvious and the rematch gonna be huge. AJ can fight Whyte in a rematch or Charles Martin in a trilogy

It’s obvious that Wilder va Fury is the most talked about. That’s obvious and the rematch gonna be huge. AJ can fight Whyte in a rematch or Charles Martin in a trilogy

Or maybe he fights fury and wilder has his trilogy with stiverne. I think that’s more likely

Back