News Fury didn't beat the count

He beat the count. Widely agreed.

A long count refers to refs coordinating and judging if the fighter can continue after he beat the count. Wilder showed instances in Khan and Jacobs. Nobody refers to Jacobs for good reason and Jacobs wasn’t floored in prior rounds. Jacobs got up the same time as Fury and was denied. These things happen in boxing all the time.

Not gonna kick off at Deontay. But is a ten count exactly ten seconds? In the heat of the moment I think that discrediting the ref for what actually gave the fight AN all time iconic moment is harsh and pretty far fetched. And I'm not trying to just continually lay cable on Deontay. His performance wasn't bad. He had his moments in that fight. I did score it for fury but this lacks some sportsmanship from Deontay.

Meh, I see no real controversy with the count.

I agree. In fact Brits are all over the place making publications that the count is not based on seconds yet Warren and British channels post a stopwatch or Showtime’s clock for reference... lol. But it’s not about “time” doe.

For me, Fury got lucky, could’ve been a different ref, but I’m happy with the whole result. Heavyweight division is popping!

For me, the Vargas Bradley bout was utterly disgusting and nothing more than a Bob Arum fake in house circus act. That bout should’ve been ruled a NC. Bradley was hurt and the ref stopped the fight at the 10 second warning for supposedly being confused with his many years of boxing while the ref was about 80 years old...

A long count refers to refs coordinating and judging if the fighter can continue after he beat the count. Wilder showed instances in Khan and Jacobs. Nobody refers to Jacobs for good reason and Jacobs wasn’t floored in prior rounds. Jacobs got up the same time as Fury and was denied. These things happen in boxing all the time.

Isn't it relevant to cite other instances when Fury actually beat the account?

At the 2.05 mark Rogan says (roughly):

"He definitely was down for 10. But if the referee instead of 8 said 7, would he have gotten up quicker? I think he probably would have, because he's waiting for 8, 9, and then he's standing up"
I agree with Rogan in this instance. Fury was clearly taking all the time he had to recover his senses but if had less time left he would have stood up quicker.

Not gonna kick off at Deontay. But is a ten count exactly ten seconds? In the heat of the moment I think that discrediting the ref for what actually gave the fight AN all time iconic moment is harsh and pretty far fetched. And I'm not trying to just continually lay cable on Deontay. His performance wasn't bad. He had his moments in that fight. I did score it for fury but this lacks some sportsmanship from Deontay.

If course it’s based on seconds. If it wasn’t, then promoters would have wars regarding favoritism.

If course it’s based on seconds. If it wasn’t, then promoters would have wars regarding favoritism.
Course it is but do you really think this clip is fair. Why does it pan away at around 1 second? It's asking a bit much mate. Fury was fucked up and beat the count. We all saw it. We all wondered how the fuck he managed it.

This is throw away conspiracy nonsense.

I agree with Rogan in this instance. Fury was clearly taking all the time he had to recover his senses but if had less time left he would have stood up quicker.

So did Danny Jacobs against Pirog. Jacobs yelled at the ref, and he and Fury got up the same time

Course it is but do you really think this clip is fair. Why does it pan away at around 1 second? It's asking a bit much mate. Fury was fucked up and beat the count. We all saw it. We all wondered how the fuck he managed it.

It zooms to the sideline ref.

And the video has been post edited. What happens at around 1 second is the post edit zooms in to the corner in order to purposely avoid showing what is happening in the ring.

Showtime and Warren are trolling the public with 10 seconds. A long count has nothing to do with beating the 10. It’s up to the ref if he can continue. Wilders thing is that Fury was given a long count and Reiss has a history of letting guys off the hook

Showtime and Warren are trolling the public with 10 seconds. A long count has nothing to do with beating the 10. It’s up to the ref if he can continue. Wilders thing is that Fury was given a long count and Reiss has a history of letting guys off the hook
It just seems salty against the guy who managed to pull off the impossible. Which he fairly did. Tbh I would have blamed him for calling it off straight away but the rest is history which we would have been deprived of if he had. It was fair.

Wilder is trying hard to lose all the fans he gained on Saturday by being salty and making excuses about getting a draw when he should have lost. I want to be a fan of Wilder too but he's making it difficult.

A long count is an actual term in boxing. No conspiracy about that. Whether a fighter can continue is based on long counts and if the fighter sustained damage before. Prichard Colon wasn’t stopped in his fight of doom.

For fucks sake lol

Fury beat the count.

The question is whether the count was slow or late.

He jumped up when the ref said SIX.
..As if he was waiting for that.

If the referee had said six 0.3 seconds earlier, I think he would have gotten up 0.3 seconds earlier.

Anyway it doesn't matter because the video in the OP is a lie.

The clock starts when Tyson is still on his feet

Lu90kyi_d.jpg

It just seems salty against the guy who managed to pull off the impossible. Which he fairly did. Tbh I would have blamed him for calling it off straight away but the rest is history which we would have been deprived of if he had. It was fair.

Well Fury clinged in to Reiss’ shoulders for balance is illegal. That’s why Reiss flinged his gloves off. Never seen a boxer hold on to a ref for balance. Still think Wilder has a valid point about the long count?

Isn’t obvious that Fury wasn’t knocked out? How many times he a ref stopped a fight even when the fighter beats the count right there and there?!
Yes if they deem the fighter unfit to continue......given the performance in the rest of the round it is obvious that he was fit to continue people seem to missing that point out.

If the view is that the ref should have stopped it due to fury being unfit to continue then really wilder should have been able to put fury away in the remainder of the round which he never looked close to doing.

You could argue the case for the ref stopping it if fury would have then got a pummelling for the rest of the round putting his health at risk but it was anything but that so all you can really say is that the ref got it spot on with not calling it before a count.

Back