Frustrated Cyborg believes that fight with Amanda Nunes will be her last

I don't follow wmma closely, but this is totally bizarre to me. So she's mad that there aren't any fights for her because she's too big? Didn't she get popped for PEDS? Wtf? Why would anyone ever move up to fight somebody that's not only way bigger, but also on steroids? That's ridiculous.
Yet somehow Cyborg fans twist it so everyone else is the coward. Not the girl who pumped herself full of steroids to fight in a division that doesn't even have ten decent fighters in it.

She even promised to make 135 before she was signed. She bait and switched the ufc, putting on MORE weight after they signed her and whining and crying that they were trying to kill her. They never WANTED to have a 145 division, she's literally the only decent fighter at that weight.

Cyborg's going nowhere, Ray Elbe has to eat.

UFC has totally wasted her potential. She is a female wrecking machine and could have been pushed as such, but UFC hasn't really done too much with her. Sad.
Agreed. They fooled us with Tyson of mma Ronda, to make a quick buck...

But they won't promote the actual destroyer in Cyborg

Great! Let’s get rid of her and the ‘division’ simultaneously. A total waste of time.

Cyborg is one of the WMMA GOATs, but her propensity for cheating - juiced to the eyeballs with steroids, cheating with the scale, etc - is difficult to accept.

You are comparing two ENTIRELY different things. That is moronic.

We are not having a POUND FOR POIUND discussion, that is my point.. she literally beats any woman on the planet in the UFC... If she could make 115 or 145 she would beat all those women too (she has beat a bunch of them already.) But she can't make the weight, but we ALL know she beats them, Nunes is the only question mark.

Once again, go read up what 'pound for pound' means if you think we are even remotely discussing pound for pound. Cyborg quite literally beats each and every person that steps infront of her on the street, meanwhile, mighty mouse the joke, he CANNOT beat up 90% of the UFC roster, but yet people claim he is some amazing fighter and P4P great and constantly have p4p talk about him.. they have to jump through loop holes and reasoning as to why he could beat other fighters above him.. with Cyborg, none of that is needed, she literally beats them all and i don't know anyone that has disagreed with that statement yet. If you claim to know of someone that will beat her, i hope you are preparing a big bet :D

Cyborg skills > All other WMMA fighters in sight (of any weightclass)
Cybog power and physique in fighting > All Other WMMA fighters in sight. (of any weightclass)

We are witnessing a woman that has the skills better than any women of other weightclasses, while being at the highest weight herself, therefor she is literally the GOAT. To deny this is hilarious.

You’re off your rocker. She has skills, but she’s not that good. She still fights like a late 90s Chute Boxe VT fighter.

You’re off your rocker. She has skills, but she’s not that good. She still fights like a late 90s Chute Boxe VT fighter.

ROFL, Holly Holm former 33/2 boxing champion, 11/1 kickboxer and UFC champ, got whooped by Cyborg.. But yet you claim a 3 Sport champion got beaten someone who's "Not that good"

You can't name one person in the entire UFC that can beat Cyborg, but I am off my Rocker?

Cyborg would flatline you inside of 30 seconds

source.gif

Discussion over, claims the GOAT best women fighter in the world is "not that good" and can't name one person in the entire org that can beat her (cmon man atleast say Nunes or SOMETHING, Nunes has a chance,) still claims he has an arguement.

giphy.gif

Cy@

giphy.gif

Nunes injured her foot I the Pennington fight. Injuries tKe time to heal.

Also, she’s tired of the games Cybro and her girlfriend Broke Dick Ray Elbe keep playing. Unlike Cybro, Nunes fight in a real division, with a title that actually means something. She shouldn’t be faulted for wanting to defend her title if all Cybro and Broke Dick wanna do is keeping playing avoidance games.

Well that doesn't address the other things that Nunes did before.
Nunes first publicly wanted a fight with the winner of Cyborg-Holm after she beat Shevchenko around the end of 2017 asap, said she already increased her walking weight. Cyborg wasn't interested fighting in May 2018 Brazil UFC224 and preferred Jul UFC226 - taxes could be one reason since Cyborg is a US citizen, which is also why Nunes prefers a Brazil venue. Cyborg also said she needed a short break because she already fought 3 times in 8 months and also needed time off settle a family matter(adopting her niece).

Then UFC needed a short notice championship fight at March UFC222 to fix a title fight that fell through. Cyborg asked for the Nunes fight which Nunes declined. Then right after Cyborg beat Kunitskaya in March 2018 UFC222, Nunes suddenly changed her tune publicly and said that she wanted 2 more fights at 135 specifically naming Pennington and Ketlen.

What do you mean by the games that Cyborg is playing?
Before I fought Holly Holm, Amanda had her coaches giving interviews saying she wanted to fight me. Immediately after the Holly Holm fight I gave her a July date and then she went quiet. You can even see the conversation between me and her girlfriend [Nina Ansaroff] on Twitter. When the UFC called me about accepting a last minute fight to save UFC 222 I asked for Amanda Nunes, but suddenly she wasn’t ready and the UFC couldn’t get her to accept the fight.​
Edit - Late Jan 2018 Cyborg publicly agreed to fight and wanted to make it on July UFC226
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/22/16921896/cris-cyborg-agrees-fight-amanda-nunes-ufc-226

Nunes also talked about moving up in early 2017 but changed her mind after Cyborg was cleared by USADA.
However, much of Nunes’ interest in moving up a division came before Cristiane Justino was cleared by USADA...... But I hear that she’s gonna come back soon, and I have no interest anymore to go up.​

Last edited:
Nunes has signed up for the fight, Cris hasn't ....... clearly Nunes is ducking.

No amount of self marketing is going to overcome the fact that she's not a 'hot' blonde, has brown skin and speaks broken English. All she's got going for her is that she beats everyone in front of her, always puts on a show and can beat any woman in the world. She's the baddest woman on the planet. That's her angle.

Rousey is nice looking, but not hot by media standards (ie Hollywood star/supermodel). Quite a few women in MMA are better looking than Rousey, but haven't come close to her popular appeal. Serena Williams has black skin and makes huge amounts of money in endorsements/promotions, more than Rousey did. Same for her sister Venus. The language barrier is real, but you can learn a language; GSP for instance started out with poor English but improved it as required. So did say Alex Ovechkin in the NHL, and he has a large following in America now.

Beating everyone put in front of her should be enough, if the women put in front of her were her own size. But most of them aren't (not Cyborg's fault, but that's the reality); so she needs to add marketing to make up for lack of competition in her weight division.

Basically, Rousey went after every press outlet out there to get her name out (obnoxiously so but it worked), which is how a nice but not spectacular looking women with a bronze medal in an almost unknown sport for a country that gets 100 medals every Olympics became better known than nicer looking, more successful women.

Bye Cryroid don’t let the door hit you on the way out dude.

Rousey is nice looking, but not hot by media standards (ie Hollywood star/supermodel). Quite a few women in MMA are better looking than Rousey, but haven't come close to her popular appeal. Serena Williams has black skin and makes huge amounts of money in endorsements/promotions, more than Rousey did. Same for her sister Venus. The language barrier is real, but you can learn a language; GSP for instance started out with poor English but improved it as required. So did say Alex Ovechkin in the NHL, and he has a large following in America now.

Beating everyone put in front of her should be enough, if the women put in front of her were her own size. But most of them aren't (not Cyborg's fault, but that's the reality); so she needs to add marketing to make up for lack of competition in her weight division.

Basically, Rousey went after every press outlet out there to get her name out (obnoxiously so but it worked), which is how a nice but not spectacular looking women with a bronze medal in an almost unknown sport for a country that gets 100 medals every Olympics became better known than nicer looking, more successful women.
That's why I put hot in quotes. But Cyborg isn't even MMA hot, not even close. Venus and Serena are relatively good looking women and photograph well. None the less, the Williams sisters are a good comparison to Cyborg in some ways but they are also a bad comparison overall.

They compare favorably in that they are and have been at the top of their sport for well over a decade. They are not of white European descent (I don't know the percentage of Cyborg's European ancestry but I'd be surprised if it were 100%). They both faced fan adversity in their careers with people saying that they're too big, too strong, it's not fair to the other girls.

They compare unfavorably because the sisters are American and Cyborg is from Brazil. Besides speaking fluent English, Venus and Serena are able to get fans by simply being American. In this day and age, Americans are perfectly willing to have black athletes as sports heroes, especially if they can trot around the globe beating up on foreign competitors. Women's tennis is magnitudes more popular than women's mixed martial arts and is generally dominated by other countries so to have the Williams sisters representing the good ole USA feels good to most people. To prove the importance of nationality, let's not forget that Cyborg is indeed hugely popular in Brazil if not elsewhere.

If Cyborg were hot or even just attractive, she would have a huge fan base because of the almost freak show like aspect of WMMA. Casuals don't care so much about technique and skill but they love to see two 'hot' fighters going north south in the cage.

Ronda Rousey would still be more popular than Cyborg even if she had been ugly, ethnic, and foreign. Why? Because she is an American. As long as non-white American athletes shut up and do their thing, white America will be cheering them on.

That's why I put hot in quotes. But Cyborg isn't even MMA hot, not even close. Venus and Serena are relatively good looking women and photograph well. None the less, the Williams sisters are a good comparison to Cyborg in some ways but they are also a bad comparison overall.

They compare favorably in that they are and have been at the top of their sport for well over a decade. They are not of white European descent (I don't know the percentage of Cyborg's European ancestry but I'd be surprised if it were 100%). They both faced fan adversity in their careers with people saying that they're too big, too strong, it's not fair to the other girls.

They compare unfavorably because the sisters are American and Cyborg is from Brazil. Besides speaking fluent English, Venus and Serena are able to get fans by simply being American. In this day and age, Americans are perfectly willing to have black athletes as sports heroes, especially if they can trot around the globe beating up on foreign competitors. Women's tennis is magnitudes more popular than women's mixed martial arts and is generally dominated by other countries so to have the Williams sisters representing the good ole USA feels good to most people. To prove the importance of nationality, let's not forget that Cyborg is indeed hugely popular in Brazil if not elsewhere.

If Cyborg were hot or even just attractive, she would have a huge fan base because of the almost freak show like aspect of WMMA. Casuals don't care so much about technique and skill but they love to see two 'hot' fighters going north south in the cage.

Ronda Rousey would still be more popular than Cyborg even if she had been ugly, ethnic, and foreign. Why? Because she is an American. As long as non-white American athletes shut up and do their thing, white America will be cheering them on.
If she even at the least has the support of the UFC in marketing, and branding... she will be ok.

The problem is the UFC suits have been talking shit about her for ages... just to put Ronda Rousey over. And of course, Ronda herself got her first big spot after beating talking shit about Cyborg and insulting her, during a post-fight speech.

Ronda admitted on a an episode of Joe Rogan's Podcast, that it was in her best interest to stall the fight for as long as possible. Yet she kept calling Cyborg out every time the cameras were pointed at her, and fans ate it up.

It certainly isn't the 1 drug test failure from YEARS ago. Plenty of MMA guys who have PED fails get support. Cyborg has proven herself in the USADA era.

Guys like Cowboy are still a big favorite, despite having popped for a banned substance. Hell, Jon Jones still has a huge following and plenty of ppl claiming he is GOAT, or better than Cormier... despite 2 busts

If she even at the least has the support of the UFC in marketing, and branding... she will be ok.

The problem is the UFC suits have been talking shit about her for ages... just to put Ronda Rousey over. And of course, Ronda herself got her first big spot after beating talking shit about Cyborg and insulting her, during a post-fight speech.

Ronda admitted on a an episode of Joe Rogan's Podcast, that it was in her best interest to stall the fight for as long as possible. Yet she kept calling Cyborg out every time the cameras were pointed at her, and fans ate it up.

It certainly isn't the 1 drug test failure from YEARS ago. Plenty of MMA guys who have PED fails get support. Cyborg has proven herself in the USADA era.

Guys like Cowboy are still a big favorite, despite having popped for a banned substance. Hell, Jon Jones still has a huge following and plenty of ppl claiming he is GOAT, or better than Cormier... despite 2 busts
It's true. UFC have basically been running a smear campaign against Cyborg even as they retain her services and prevent her from going elsewhere. Even though the money must be good enough to endure it for the time being, it's a disgusting way to treat people who sacrifice their body and mind for our entertainment. Dana White and the UFC have a long history of this. I won't even mention the haters on troll forums like UFC Discussion. Cyborg is maybe the only true professional athlete in the UFC. Her year-round dedication and training, her single minded focus on being the best in whatever she does, her absolute consistency and high quality in her product, her willingness to take on new challenges and of course her kindness and charity for those less fortunate. It's everything you would want in a champion yet she is treated with little to no respect by her organization that should be promoting her and blindly hated by ignorant kids and Ronda fangirls on internet forums who will make up any 'fact' to try to discredit her. My favorite is that she took magic steroids 7 years ago that are still working today. Cyborg is a clean, dedicated athlete who, right now, is the best in the world.

It's true. UFC have basically been running a smear campaign against Cyborg even as they retain her services and prevent her from going elsewhere. Even though the money must be good enough to endure it for the time being, it's a disgusting way to treat people who sacrifice their body and mind for our entertainment. Dana White and the UFC have a long history of this. I won't even mention the haters on troll forums like UFC Discussion. Cyborg is maybe the only true professional athlete in the UFC. Her year-round dedication and training, her single minded focus on being the best in whatever she does, her absolute consistency and high quality in her product, her willingness to take on new challenges and of course her kindness and charity for those less fortunate. It's everything you would want in a champion yet she is treated with little to no respect by her organization that should be promoting her and blindly hated by ignorant kids and Ronda fangirls on internet forums who will make up any 'fact' to try to discredit her. My favorite is that she took magic steroids 7 years ago that are still working today. Cyborg is a clean, dedicated athlete who, right now, is the best in the world.
Yea the UFC would rather put the image of the company around people like Conor and Ronda... I mean, they could make Ronda Rousey the hero to young girls... Imagine that. She's still a hero today on WWE.

From TUF you could see how shallow of a person she was, and how arrogant and rude and mean she was. She was essentially a big bully.

Somehow the UFC decided to make Cyborg the villain in all this. Like you said, must be that magic steroids from her past. Some how everyone else who stops using, becomes bloated and flabby... and Cyborg despite being the most tested fighter under USADA, maintains her strength and physique... and yea, people want to hate on that.

They have no problem cheering for guys who got popped. But Cyborg? no way, she doesn't deserve a second chance apparently.

Granted that nationalism is an advantage that Rousey has that Cyborg can't match; however two of the most popular MMA fighters (GSP and Anderson) aren't American (and neither is fluent in English), so it can be surmounted by proper self-promotion.

And yes, tennis is far more popular than MMA in America, but as you yourself point out, America has many very popular non-white athletes (most of the NBA and NFL for instance), so being darker skinned is unlikely to be a problem for Cyborg.

Moreover, Cyborg's public personality is more likable than Rousey's ,which is a plus in terms of popularity.

The cringiest thing here is that you think girls have to "gain weight" in order to make weight against Cyborg.

No they don't. Did you not see Meisha Tate killing herself to even make 135lbs?

Yea, Cyborg is cutting weight, but so are these other girls too. A lot of them are cutting huge amounts of weight like Tate, Ronda, and Holly.

So no, they don't have to gain anything to fight at 145lbs if they want to do it. In fact, even if they didn't bulk up, most of them would still have to cut to 145lbs, Nunes includes.

>I thinks it dumb you think this because of this corner case situation that has never actually happened

All the women you mentioned, didnt fight Cyborg. LOL

They arent even close to killing themselves to making 135, gtfo

Imagine being this stupid in 2018

Back