Frustrated Cyborg believes that fight with Amanda Nunes will be her last

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
“Friday, last week, I talked to the UFC, and I said I wanted to fight, that I’m ready to fight,” Cyborg said. “I’ve been training, ready, and I want to fight. They offered me September, the 8th, in Dallas, to fight Amanda. I said that’s fine. I’ll fight. I’ve been training. I’m ready. A champion has to be ready all the time.

“Then on Monday they said (she) didn’t accept Sept. 8. Then I said I wanted to fight anyway. I want to fight. I don’t want to be idle. And then Amanda sent the picture, saying she accepted the fight on Dec. 29.”

Cyborg said she’s accepted this fight three times.

Asked about whom she could meet in a possible fight between now and Nunes, Cyborg alluded to the upcoming season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” which features female featherweights.

“They did the (‘TUF 28’) house, and they cut all the girls at 145,” Cyborg said. “They only signed up the girls who can make 135 pounds. Holly Holm says she doesn’t want to fight now. Pam Sorenson tried out for ‘TUF,’ but she didn’t make it. They didn’t put her through I think because she doesn’t make 135. There’s Cindy Dandois, who also beat Megan Anderson.

“There’s Ediane Gomes, who sends me messages challenging me all the time. (She’s) also in my division. There are girls who can fight. There are girls in my division. But they[The UFC] don’t want it. They want that fight with Amanda. But I don’t think it’s fair to wait 10 months, one year for this fight to happen.”

Cyborg has always talked openly about the fact she doesn’t have many fights left on her UFC contract – and even talked about plans of trying her hand at a boxing career.

“I believe (Nunes) will be my last fight in the UFC,” Cyborg said. “My contract goes until March, and with me waiting to fight in December, I think it will be the last one people will see me fight.”

via mmajunkie

Frustrating that the only available opponents fight at woman weight.

She's always butt hurt. Good riddance.

Give her a can at 228. UFC can add another championship fight to the PPV, and Cyborg gets to fight. I respect that Cyborg wants to fight and not stay on the shelf any longer.

She’ll take no damage and she’ll be able to fight Nunes at 232. One hell of a fight.

Don’t understand why they won’t give her what she wants, people will watch it.

It seems like she is always spinning a story to make herself look like a victim.

No more beating up jobbers and chicks who had to get fat to make weight?

<Fedor23>

Cyborg beating up CM Punk is a dream fight for me

The UFC have never did her right. Dana talked shit when she fought for the other orgs. Then UFC scooped her up to keep her away from the competition and markets her poorly. And I'll bet anything Dana will talk more shit on her way out the door. A clusterfuck from top to bottom

lol at calling out cans. Cyborg is such a duck.

She's in a shit spot. Without a capable dance partner there's nothing compelling in watching her fights.

She's a marketing nightmare like the WNBA.

The UFC have never did her right. Dana talked shit when she fought for the other orgs. Then UFC scooped her up to keep her away from the competition and markets her poorly. And I'll bet anything Dana will talk more shit on her way out the door. A clusterfuck from top to bottom
Dana and Rogan called her a tranny as well. God knows how they get away with that kind of bullying in this PC era

Not to mention, they only created the 145 division for Holly Holm to win the belt on a silver platter, and fight 135 pound champion Ronda Rousey.

They purposely picked a date where Cyborg was not ready to compete, and Dana passed it off as Cyborg declining. Of course fans ate it up. The woman has done everything in her power and more, to prove herself. Poor girl has overcome more obstacles than any single person in UFC history, to get a job.

Then Holly flopped, Ronda Flopped.... now Holly finally won a 145 fight but wants NO part of Cyborg again. She was admittedly scared in her last post-fight speech.

And everyone's going to blame Cyborg? She's basically begging for fights, in this era where champions are playing politics and holding out for money, or refusing certain opponents... etc

Cyborg is saying she'll fight ANY ONE. I appreciate that spirit. It is unfortunate that women are too scared to fight Cris Cyborg. Truly the unrecognized uncrowned 'Tyson of WMMA'.
Unfortunate for her, she is well spoken, has a good heart... and most of all isn't pretty... so she doesn't get the Ronda Red carpet treatment.

Dana and Rogan called her a tranny as well. God knows how they get away with that kind of bullying in this PC era

Not to mention, they only created the 145 division for Holly Holm to win the belt on a silver platter, and fight 135 pound champion Ronda Rousey.

They purposely picked a date where Cyborg was not ready to compete, and Dana passed it off as Cyborg declining. Of course fans ate it up. The woman has done everything in her power and more, to prove herself. Poor girl has overcome more obstacles than any single person in UFC history, to get a job.

Then Holly flopped, Ronda Flopped.... now Holly finally won a 145 fight but wants NO part of Cyborg again. She was admittedly scared in her last post-fight speech.

And everyone's going to blame Cyborg? She's basically begging for fights, in this era where champions are playing politics and holding out for money, or refusing certain opponents... etc

Cyborg is saying she'll fight ANY ONE. I appreciate that spirit. It is unfortunate that women are too scared to fight Cris Cyborg. Truly the unrecognized uncrowned 'Tyson of WMMA'.
Unfortunate for her, she is well spoken, has a good heart... and most of all isn't pretty... so she doesn't get the Ronda Red carpet treatment.

Boom.

Idiots just don't recognise or appreciate once in a generation talent. Fighters are scared shitless of her and for good reason. All the manlets mouthing off about her are pathetic. History will smile kindly on Cyborg whether people like it or not.

what can the UFC do with someone who only wants to fight cans?

She clearly doesn't appreciate all the shit UFC is doing for her so I think it's best they part ways. She would have a much better time getting torn apart By Cecilia Braekhus in boxing for 50k.

She can fight Pam Sorensens of this world, whatever.

Preach, broham!

Back