Frustrated Cyborg believes that fight with Amanda Nunes will be her last

I would still say Fujii. Fought at 115 and by today's standards she would make 105. She fought as heavy as 145 taking on just about anybody. Great person, great record and one of the real pioneers of WMMA. Yeah, I know by today's standards she is not as sharp as the best, but if she fought today she would have access to better S&C, training, nutrition, recovery, etc.
Megumi Fuji is GOAT? So who were the world beaters on her resume? Her wins are a Who's Who list of Who? I guess you could count her two losses to Jesica Aguilar who also lost to Angela Megana and Courtney Casey.

The shame is, she is BY FAR the GOAT female fighter but the shit hate campaign against her, to protect the Eskimo sister Ronda, means that probably very few fans will admit that. She dominated for years and has beat the best of the best. She has been incredibly consistent too. Beating Nunes would just cement that legacy, but many won't give her credit.

The problem for her is that 90% of her wins are against women who can fight at 135 or even 125 - that's simply not impressive. Its not Cyborg's fault that there are almost no good WMMA fighters at 145, but its also not a 135 pound fighters responsibility to go up in weight to fight Cyborg. Beating Nunes will do little for her legacy, because she'll be beating just one more woman who's smaller than her - she needs to beat good 145 WMMA fighters, not smaller women, for people to take notice. People expect the bigger fighter to win, there's little legacy in doing so.

The one thing Rousey did much better than Cyborg was market herself. Rousey had a bronze medal (for a country that gets 100 medals every Olympics, most of them gold and silver) in a sport almost no one in America watches (seriously, almost no one in America can name a single other judoka besides Rousey), and made herself into a such a big household name that the UFC decided to make a division for her. People wanted to see Rousey, and women wanted to fight her, because of Rousey's marketing.

Cyborg, with a much better resume (WMMA wins) put almost no effort into marketing herself; she seems to feel it's beneath herself to do so. That's her right, but then its silly for her to complain that she's not popular - MMA is largely self-marketing, and you can't expect others to do for you what you can't be bothered to do for yourself.

She should be studying Rousey's marketing techniques - Cyborg would be starting at a very advantageous position compared to where Rousey started marketing from, she could become as big or bigger, if she put in the effort.

Oh please. She is lucky she got any shot at all.
WAAAAAAH WHY NO TINY GIRLS FIGHT WITH ME??!
I NO LOSE WEIGHT TO FIGHT THEY SHOULD COME UP
I KILL HONDA,NO COMPROMISE,JUST KILL,FIGHT 145 ONLY
WHY NO DANA DO THIS? I STEROID CHEAT HEVERYBODY KNOW THIS,JUST ACCEPT,MOVE ON
I VICTIM ! WOE IS ME PORRA WOE IS ME
EVERYONE FAULT

<6>

She's not a draw and has faced less than five legit opponents in her career of can crushing, and battering old ladies and ailing mothers, and crossfit trainers.

The problem for her is that 90% of her wins are against women who can fight at 135 or even 125 - that's simply not impressive. Its not Cyborg's fault that there are almost no good WMMA fighters at 145, but its also not a 135 pound fighters responsibility to go up in weight to fight Cyborg. Beating Nunes will do little for her legacy, because she'll be beating just one more woman who's smaller than her - she needs to beat good 145 WMMA fighters, not smaller women, for people to take notice. People expect the bigger fighter to win, there's little legacy in doing so.

The one thing Rousey did much better than Cyborg was market herself. Rousey had a bronze medal (for a country that gets 100 medals every Olympics, most of them gold and silver) in a sport almost no one in America watches (seriously, almost no one in America can name a single other judoka besides Rousey), and made herself into a such a big household name that the UFC decided to make a division for her. People wanted to see Rousey, and women wanted to fight her, because of Rousey's marketing.

Cyborg, with a much better resume (WMMA wins) put almost no effort into marketing herself; she seems to feel it's beneath herself to do so. That's her right, but then its silly for her to complain that she's not popular - MMA is largely self-marketing, and you can't expect others to do for you what you can't be bothered to do for yourself.

She should be studying Rousey's marketing techniques - Cyborg would be starting at a very advantageous position compared to where Rousey started marketing from, she could become as big or bigger, if she put in the effort.
No amount of self marketing is going to overcome the fact that she's not a 'hot' blonde, has brown skin and speaks broken English. All she's got going for her is that she beats everyone in front of her, always puts on a show and can beat any woman in the world. She's the baddest woman on the planet. That's her angle.

Don't know why UFC wasted the opportunity to match her against Megan. Instead, we got to see Holly lay on top of Megan for the entire fight while Cyborg sat around asking for a fight. Stupid match making.

I will admit... With such a short list of legit contenders and 145’ers in the women’s division... I thought it was weird that they matched Megan Anderson with Holly Holm, without confirming HH wanted the Cyborg rematch.

Given the host of hellacious beatings Cyborg has laid on other fighters, what would it matter if MA received the same treatment? That would have been a fight they could market and put on a card to get some added appeal... Never made sense to me... Other then giving more credence to the 135lb division and one of its / the UFC’s bigger name women fighters in Holm.... Which could be the plan. If MA did happen to win, great, they have a Cyborg fight... If not, they get the additional bumps for 135 and HH.

Boom.... Just cracked the code. Someone hire me for some type of job and pay me a lot.
Spot on. Its all about Holly Holm, for them. They're sending Amanda Nunes up and booking Holly Holm in an interim championship match at 135, probably against another can... but Holly doesn't guarantee wins against cans.

The problem is something will come up. There is legit no cans left to give her lol. I'm honestly surprised she's been selling as much as she has. If she takes a fight at 228 she wouldn't fight in December because it wouldn't give Cyborg enough time to recoup from her weight cut and fight. She should just hold out and the two fight in December. Not sure why she is complaining. She took 10 months until her next fight against Evinger and this would 9 months I believe.

I honestly believe they are both ducking each other. They have said before they dont want to fight each other because they are Brazilian. This fight likely doesnt happen.

Give her a can at 228. UFC can add another championship fight to the PPV, and Cyborg gets to fight. I respect that Cyborg wants to fight and not stay on the shelf any longer.

She’ll take no damage and she’ll be able to fight Nunes at 232. One hell of a fight.

The problem is something will come up. There is legit no cans left to give her lol. I'm honestly surprised she's been selling as much as she has. If she takes a fight at 228 she wouldn't fight in December because it wouldn't give Cyborg enough time to recoup from her weight cut and fight. She should just hold out and the two fight in December. Not sure why she is complaining. She took 10 months until her next fight against Evinger and this would 9 months I believe.

I honestly believe they are both ducking each other. They have said before they dont want to fight each other because they are Brazilian. This fight likely doesnt happen.
Everyone is a can next to Cyborg

Holly Holm fought champion boxers, fought top mma fighters... met Cyborg once, lost, and wants NO part of a rematch.

Holly wins a contender fight at 145 and wants NO part of the division.

Cyborg raises the bar so high that everyone is a can.

Ronda crushed cans, and has less legitimate big-name wins... she's somehow in the Hall of Fame. FFS she fought Beth.. lol

Would be ideal if Nunes sent her packing with a defeat

UFC has totally wasted her potential. She is a female wrecking machine and could have been pushed as such, but UFC hasn't really done too much with her. Sad.

She’s also bigger, stronger, and more roiled up than anyone else, too. Again, it’s a moronic discussion.

You are comparing two ENTIRELY different things. That is moronic.

We are not having a POUND FOR POIUND discussion, that is my point.. she literally beats any woman on the planet in the UFC... If she could make 115 or 145 she would beat all those women too (she has beat a bunch of them already.) But she can't make the weight, but we ALL know she beats them, Nunes is the only question mark.

Once again, go read up what 'pound for pound' means if you think we are even remotely discussing pound for pound. Cyborg quite literally beats each and every person that steps infront of her on the street, meanwhile, mighty mouse the joke, he CANNOT beat up 90% of the UFC roster, but yet people claim he is some amazing fighter and P4P great and constantly have p4p talk about him.. they have to jump through loop holes and reasoning as to why he could beat other fighters above him.. with Cyborg, none of that is needed, she literally beats them all and i don't know anyone that has disagreed with that statement yet. If you claim to know of someone that will beat her, i hope you are preparing a big bet :D

Cyborg skills > All other WMMA fighters in sight (of any weightclass)
Cybog power and physique in fighting > All Other WMMA fighters in sight. (of any weightclass)

We are witnessing a woman that has the skills better than any women of other weightclasses, while being at the highest weight herself, therefor she is literally the GOAT. To deny this is hilarious.

Name me somebody in ONE FC that can beat Daniel Cormier, you can't, because they're all way smaller.

Poor example, Cormier just moved up and KO'd the heavyweight champ

FlimsyRemoteDragon-size_restricted.gif

Back