Front Row Brian burying Helwani and other media members

I used to respect Shaun al-Shatti too, but then I watched the UFC 189 post-fight show on MMA Fighting.com and saw him literally almost break down and cry in excitement about Conor beating Mendes. Fucking pathetic girl.

Skip ahead to 1.50 and watch for about one minute. Prepare to want to die.

He didn't cry. I find it hard to believe you would respect his work, then suddenly no longer respect his work due to approximately one minute of not being able to properly convey or express the experience he had in an interview.

Have you ever stumbled over your words? Would it be reasonable for everyone to call you a fucking pussy and write you off for such an occurrence?

Try to imagine yourself at a live event witnessing the biggest name in the sport accomplish his goal. I'm sure it was incredible to witness in person.

Try the act of understanding. You may find yourself to be less of a petty, fake tough guy douchebag in real life.

It's hard to take FRB seriously when he's impersonating supercalo and Coco Diaz in every goddamn tweet.

I agree but I think most of us do to some extent. He seems to hold himself in much higher regard than most of us do with ourselves, to the point where it starts to get annoying.

I was going to point out how true that was of pretty much all Sherdoggers. But honestly, Sherdoggers mocking other Sherdoggers while still posting on Sherdog is totally played. So I just said it about me to prove I could poke fun at myself, see? Irony FTW~! :cool:

He didn't cry. I find it hard to believe you would respect his work, then suddenly no longer respect his work due to approximately one minute of not being able to properly convey or express the experience he had in an interview.

Have you ever stumbled over your words? Would it be reasonable for everyone to call you a fucking pussy and write you off for such an occurrence?

Try to imagine yourself at a live event witnessing the biggest name in the sport accomplish his goal. I'm sure it was incredible to witness in person.

Try the act of understanding. You may find yourself to be less of a petty, fake tough guy douchebag in real life.

He was on the verge of crying! As I said!

Plus: if we had fewer 'acts of understanding' and a little more backbone we might be a stronger society. Does anyone think people like Raimondi and al-Shatti could win World War Three?

Yep. It looks like trash and reads like trash. I probably read one or two pieces per month there nowadays.

I loved the Sunday staged arguments Fowlkes and Downs had where they mostly wound up agreeing with each other at the end.

He was on the verge of crying! As I said!
It doesn't appear he was. When Ariel asked him, he sounded normal.

Imagine being such an idiot that you discredit someone's work because YOU THINK they ALMOST CRIED.

Fuck off, moron.

It doesn't appear he was. When Ariel asked him, he sounded normal.

Imagine being such an idiot that you discredit someone's work because YOU THINK they ALMOST CRIED.

Fuck off, moron.

Imagine being so stupid one cannot see when another man is about to breakdown in tears. Helwani himself picked up on it!

Sad!

I was going to point out how true that was of pretty much all Sherdoggers. But honestly, Sherdoggers mocking other Sherdoggers while still posting on Sherdog is totally played. So I just said it about me to prove I could poke fun at myself, see? Irony FTW~! :cool:

yeah I think most ppl need a little self deprecation in their lives or they're taking themselves too seriously. I saw where you were going though, and I agree.

Imagine being so stupid one cannot see when another man is about to breakdown in tears. Helwani himself picked up on it!

Sad!
How does that discredit the validity and quality of his work? How can you appreciate something, and then suddenly no longer appreciate it due to something to minuscule? Why do you perceive passion as a negativity? You're a troll. That's the only logic that makes sense, is that you're a keyboard warrior troll.

Lulz at what's considered an "MMA journalist" nowadays.

How does that discredit the validity and quality of his work? How can you appreciate something, and then suddenly no longer appreciate it due to something to minuscule? Why do you perceive passion as a negativity? You're a troll. That's the only logic that makes sense, is that you're a keyboard warrior troll.

So you're now conceding he almost wept, which previously you vigorously denied. Thanks.

victory-004.jpg

1. Refrain from rooting for or against fighters from press row on fight night.
  2. Do not applaud or heckle promoters, fighters, referees, judges, cornermen, commission members or any relevant event professional.
  3. No collecting autographs while working.
  4. No taking pictures with fighters or event officials for nonprofessional purposes while working.
  5. Your byline must be your real first and last name. Those who work under pseudonyms, gimmick nicknames, or in any way hide their identity will not be admitted to the MMAJA.
  6. Do not wear fighter, fight company or MMA gym apparel while working. Clothing that promotes the media outlet you work for is acceptable, though we strongly suggest professional standards of dress.
  7. Respectfully address a subject while working. Avoid hostility and do not deliberately provoke an interview subject. Such actions in an open working area reflect poorly on the entire group.
  8. No improper behavior on the job with fighters, promoters, any event official or press member.
  9. No working under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No drinking alcohol on press row.
  10. Do not abuse credential privileges, for example, by making copies of your credentials in order to sneak your friends in for free. Conditions often accompany access. Make note of the terms listed by promoters when applying for press access.
  11. Avoid betting on fights you cover.
  12. Avoid paying a subject for a story or interview.
  13. No accepting or soliciting gifts of any kind for favorable press or personal gain.
  14. Steer clear of conflicts of interest, real or perceived. If questions linger regarding whether or not a conflict exists, it’s likely best to avoid the appearance of impropriety.
  15. Crediting information from an original source should be common practice when using that information in your reporting.
  16. Using photos from another outlet without permission or attribution is considered stealing and grounds for dismissal from the association.
https://www.mmaja.com/rules-regulations/
helwani has routinely broken rules 7 and 15 in the past

7: he constantly provokes fighters to feud on his show by making them talk on the phone or watch a clip from another fighter trash talking and probes fighters with personal questions even after fighters and coaches avoid the subject
15: he didnt credit his brock lesnar 'secret' source, or others immediately on multiple occasions when he had early secret info

i dont mind helwani, but hes a hypocrite just like the rest of us

edit: and where does he get all those sweet mma gifts and memorabilia for his shows set ... potential rule 13 violation right there

helwani has routinely broken rules 7 and 15 in the past

7: he constantly provokes fighters to feud on his show by making them talk on the phone or watch a clip from another fighter trash talking and probes fighters with personal questions even after fighters and coaches avoid the subject
15: he didnt credit his brock lesnar 'secret' source, or others immediately on multiple occasions when he had early secret info

i dont mind helwani, but hes a hypocrite just like the rest of us

Remember he also has a practice of continually asking those being interviewed how they feel towards him personally. It's fucking bizarre and super awkward.

MMA Junkie reads like a bunch of high school girls gossiping at this point.
Didn't Dana state that Zuffa paid MMAJunkie/USAToday for coverage?

Also, I haven't read "Trading Shots" for a while.

Those two seemed like a typical "talking head show" that you would see on CNN or Fox News back in the day. Better yet, more like any show that has Skip Bayless on the show:

Journalist A: I like cats.

Journalist B: That's stupid cats are dumb. They don't cuddle. My dog cuddles with me.

Journalist A: Cats are independent, just the fighters in the UFC. After all, they are independent contractors.

Journalist B: My mom's cat gave me ringworm. You know who also has ringworm? Wrestlers. I hate wrestlers. I just want the fighters to stand and bang.

Journalist A: But....but...but wrestlers can control where the fight goes! They get to decide whether the fight is standing or on the canvas. Wrestling is the number one base for MMA.

Journalist B: Yeah, shoot in on my leg and you'll meet Mr. Knee to the face, Mr. Wrestler.

Journalist A: I'm really looking forward to UFC 215.

Journalist B: Me too!!!!!!!

Is that dude who is 5'3" FRB? Lmfao

Back