Freddie Roach: UFC will never let Conor take a boxing match, he's not that good a fighter

Oh you must be the brains around here.
There is more than 1 way to fight dumb dumb
Shut up scrub, whats the matter? Touched your pussy? Poked a nerve?

Yes there is more than one way to fight, but a 'boxer' can only 'fight' within an extremely well defined rule-set with big padded gloves that act as shields. Try that shit in bare knuckle fights.

Fight implies a more well around individual - be it with punching, grappling, kicks, weapons etc.

Boxing is extremely restrictive compared to MMA - if you want to argue with me over this then do it bro, your anus will hurt though.

I love boxing, but before MMA arrived, I always wanted MMA. I was raised on Ninja movies...

I would love it if kung fu actually worked. Some Eagle Claw shit, fucking people up in a cage.

Some drunken fist, Cowboy would be a master.

Freddie's brain must have finally disintegrated into mush.

Boxers are not fighters, they are boxers.

Conor is a fighter.

I could probably beat Mayweather in a real fight with my 8 on again off again years of training BJJ. Dudes arm wouldn't extend to my chin when standing up straight anyway.

I think the more likely thing to happen is you charging straight in and getting KTFO in 13 seconds like Aldo or like Ronda when she fought Holly. :D

I cringe when i hear it.

You "cringe" when someone calls a boxer a fighter like they have been doing for the last 150 years?

I think people must cringe too easily. Why is everyone so uncomfortable?

I disagree with the Floyd part, completely agree on the "fighter" question. It`s hilarious to see Boxing guys talking about "fighters"...
...and then to see a bunch of MMA fighters want to be boxers.

Aw don't use the word "fighter" you fuck

Conor wins an MMA fight (easily)

May weather wins a boxing match (easily)

End of story

I think the more likely thing to happen is you charging straight in and getting KTFO in 13 seconds like Aldo or like Ronda when she fought Holly. :D

Extremely likely. My point is, he is a baby on the mat. If you are even a blue belt and roll with a fresh white belt you will know this feeling. You just think in your head 'I could kill this guy'.

Good ole Alan Pardew, he's won the Johnston's Paint trophy you know?

Even with Parkinson's disease Roach is right.
WelldocumentedSecondaryGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif

...and then to see a bunch of MMA fighters want to be boxers.

Who wants to be a boxer exacly? Conor? Conor wants to fight Floyd to get even more rich, that`s it.

You "cringe" when someone calls a boxer a fighter like they have been doing for the last 150 years?

I think people must cringe too easily. Why is everyone so uncomfortable?
I have a nervous tick which causes my cringing.

It activates whenever I hear bullshit.

I cringe when i hear it.

I love boxing but its not 'fighting' in the strictest sense. Neither is MMA as weapons are a big part of fighting, but its as close as you'll get without killing someone.

I get your point, but boxing matches were called "fights" and boxers were called "fighters" decades before the term MMA was ever coined. For an old school boxing guy like Freddie Roach, of course he's going to call boxers fighters.

Who wants to be a boxer exacly? Conor? Conor wants to fight Floyd to get even more rich, that`s it.

They all want to be boxers if they could. The problem is there's a much higher skill gap if you have to specialize in boxing and boxing only.

In MMA you can have Demian Maia or Jake Shields level striking and still beat everybody.

I'm sure the UFC fighters love making 8-15% of the revenue when they could be making $15 million guaranteed + PPV points for a 900K PPV like Canelo did against Cotto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back