Frankie Edgar is better than Demetrious Johnson

Both are great but DJ is better. Give it a rest.

No he's not Edgar is better and would crush Demetrious ' i'm the best and deserve to get paid the best' Johnson

You don't have a point, dumb-fuck. Mighty Mouse was extremely undersized against Dominick Cruz and he still won the striking exchanges by most people's account. Frankie lost twice to Aldo and would lose a third time if they were to fight again. Mighty Mouse was competitive with Cruz six years ago, when he was half the fighter he is now. He would win if they ever rematched.

'fighting mid-tier guys' You're an idiot. Benavidez, Cejudo, Dodson, Reis, Horiguichi, etc. are not mid-tier guys.

If Cruz ever fought DJ again, he would outmuscle him, take him down, and pound him out exactly like he did in the first fight.

Yes, that's easy to say considering that Mighty Mouse is too chicken shit to ever move back up to 135. If Mighty Mouse was as confident as you are that he could beat Cruz he would have moved up and become a two weight world champ.

"I say they're not mid-tier so they're not mid tier. Hur hur I'm so smart." Lol, all of those names are the definition of mid tier. Not a single former champion in that list. Compare that to Frankie's list of Sherk, Henderson, Penn, Faber, and Mendes. I'm not saying that Frankie is for sure better p4p than Mighty Mouse, I'm just saying that Mighty Mouse is not fighting competition that is anywhere near as that in other weight classes.

'Henderson' Haha. You had to rewrite history just to fill out your list. Most people had Frankie winning the second fight, yes, but he lost the first and didn't even deserve the rematch. All of that is moot because the actual record says that Frankie has two losses.

If Cruz ever fought DJ again, he would outmuscle him, take him down, and pound him out exactly like he did in the first fight.
<36>

You mighty as well have said 'I'm talking out of my ass. I never watched the fight.'

No he's not Edgar is better and would crush Demetrious ' i'm the best and deserve to get paid the best' Johnson

Edgar is 1-2 weight classes bigger. Johnson is better in relation to his weight imo, which his record clearly shows.

Mighty Mouse is the best fighter in the UFC, Edgar is just about top 20. No comparison.

<36>

You mighty as well have said 'I'm talking out of my ass. I never watched the fight.'

What about what I said was wrong? That's exactly what happened in that fight.

demetrious-johnson-exhibits-the-wounds-of-a-hard-fought-battle-cruz-picture-id127843740

Cruz basically punched a hole in his face.

'Henderson' Haha. You had to rewrite history just to fill out your list. Most people had Frankie winning the second fight, yes, but he lost the first and didn't even deserve the rematch. All of that is moot because the actual record says that Frankie has two losses.
'

I wasn't just including wins. Just the fact that he fought and was so competitive with Henderson, who fought at welterweight, is a feather in Frankie's cap. Frankie was able to become champ above his natural weight class.

Ian freaking McCall was considered the best flyweight in the world before the UFC added that weight class lol. That tells you the level of competition that exists at 125. If being a dominant champ is the only criterion for being the p4p best, then Joanna should still be above Mighty Mouse since she has won all her fights and has an undefeated record. But I doubt you consider Joanna p4p above guys like Cormier JUST because she keeps defending her belt. I'm just applying that same logic to Mighty Mouse. But that concept is far too nuanced for your pea brain.

Honestly, Mighty Mouse does a good job of proving you wrong on his own. The best in the world wouldn't be scared of TJ Dillashaw. Mighty Mouse KNOWS that he's been building up his record with easy wins.

You understand that Dodson has knockout power, correct?

giphy.gif

>needs 1000 straight clean unanswered punches to the face of an already rocked opponent to put him down (but not out)
>"knockout power"

Just the fact that Frankie is able to consistently get title shots in weight classes above where he should be fighting at is impressive. Frankie has always been competitive in all his fights. DJ got one shot at 135 against Cruz and came out with a baseball sized protrusion sticking out the side of his face.

Yes, consistently getting undeserved title fights and losing them in the same way without making any improvements is impressive stuff for sure

Certainly more impressive than defending a belt 10 times

Frankie > Anderson
Frankie > GSP

GOAT

I wasn't just including wins. Just the fact that he fought and was so competitive with Henderson, who fought at welterweight, is a feather in Frankie's cap. Frankie was able to become champ above his natural weight class.

Ian freaking McCall was considered the best flyweight in the world before the UFC added that weight class lol. That tells you the level of competition that exists at 125. If being a dominant champ is the only criterion for being the p4p best, then Joanna should still be above Mighty Mouse since she has won all her fights and has an undefeated record. But I doubt you consider Joanna p4p above guys like Cormier JUST because she keeps defending her belt. I'm just applying that same logic to Mighty Mouse. But that concept is far too nuanced for your pea brain.

Honestly, Mighty Mouse does a good job of proving you wrong on his own. The best in the world wouldn't be scared of TJ Dillashaw. Mighty Mouse KNOWS that he's been building up his record with easy wins.

You just went full retard. Might Mouse has more title defenses, fights in a deeper division, is a man, and is literally more dominant over his opponents than she is. She wins in the single category of never officially losing. That is why MM is still ahead of her. That example is invalid.

Mighty Mouse later said he'd fight anybody at 125. So you can stop with the he's scared of TJ bullshit.

Yes, consistently getting undeserved title fights and losing them in the same way without making any improvements is impressive stuff for sure

He got one undeserved title shot against Bendo. What other undeserved fights are you talking about? His record at FW has proven that he's the second best FW and if anything he should have more title shots at that weight.

giphy.gif

>needs 1000 straight clean unanswered punches to the face of an already rocked opponent to put him down (but not out)
>"knockout power"

You say that like someone else rocked him and then Dodson jumped in to finish him off.

For all this talk about DJ being a GOAT and the greatest champion of all time, there are guys in the UFC who are not currently champions that are better than DJ. Frankie Edgar being one of them.

Frankie just dominated Yair, a very impressive young prospect. Did the same thing against Cub, who is one of the hottest FWs right now after the Artem and Choi wins. Can't beat Aldo, but there is no shame in that as he is another all time great who would mop the floor against DJ. And Frankie should be above DJ in the p4p list because DJ is a midget fighting other midgets while Frankie is a midget who is beating guys bigger than him and has his entire career.

DJ is trying to duck TJ for his fight to break Anderson's title defense record. I love how he has always said he will fight whoever and doesn't care who his opponent is, but as soon as TJ wants to come down he has different opinions. Now he doesn't think TJ shouldn't jump the line, but what happened to not caring who the UFC lines up for him? That was great when he realized how shallow the 125 division is and wanted to rack up wins to break Anderson's record, but now there is someone who would probably be even money to dethrone him. Always talked about how he's not interested in moving up, and that anybody can drop down to 125 and come at him. Now that that is a possibility with a former champion in TJ moving down, he has other thoughts about the title picture at 125. I think it's funny how he didn't give a shit who his opponent was until someone legit like TJ is considering stepping down.

Greatest 125 champion ever? Sure. But he really should shut up about being a p4p great until he moves up and not lose to guys like Brad Pickett and winning split decisions against guys like Ian McCall. Joe Rogan has been saying that Mighty Mouse is the GOAT for years now and DJ is actually starting to believe his own hype. Spouting off about being better than GSP and Anderson in every interview. Bro, Frankie Edgar is better than you.
A+

He got one undeserved title shot against Bendo. What other undeserved fights are you talking about? His record at FW has proven that he's the second best FW and if anything he should have more title shots at that weight.
Aldo, hello?

Aldo, hello?

Like I said, his performance at FW has proven that he is only behind Aldo at the weight and that his first title shot against Aldo, while maybe not deserved, was completely justified.

Like I said, his performance at FW has proven that he is only behind Aldo at the weight and that his first title shot against Aldo, while maybe not deserved, was completely justified.
I see. So basically, you're retroactively deeming it justified based on the performances that followed. Herp derp. The world is a fun place when you can bend facts according to your will.

For all this talk about DJ being a GOAT and the greatest champion of all time, there are guys in the UFC who are not currently champions that are better than DJ. Frankie Edgar being one of them.

Frankie just dominated Yair, a very impressive young prospect. Did the same thing against Cub, who is one of the hottest FWs right now after the Artem and Choi wins. Can't beat Aldo, but there is no shame in that as he is another all time great who would mop the floor against DJ. And Frankie should be above DJ in the p4p list because DJ is a midget fighting other midgets while Frankie is a midget who is beating guys bigger than him and has his entire career.

DJ is trying to duck TJ for his fight to break Anderson's title defense record. I love how he has always said he will fight whoever and doesn't care who his opponent is, but as soon as TJ wants to come down he has different opinions. Now he doesn't think TJ shouldn't jump the line, but what happened to not caring who the UFC lines up for him? That was great when he realized how shallow the 125 division is and wanted to rack up wins to break Anderson's record, but now there is someone who would probably be even money to dethrone him. Always talked about how he's not interested in moving up, and that anybody can drop down to 125 and come at him. Now that that is a possibility with a former champion in TJ moving down, he has other thoughts about the title picture at 125. I think it's funny how he didn't give a shit who his opponent was until someone legit like TJ is considering stepping down.

Greatest 125 champion ever? Sure. But he really should shut up about being a p4p great until he moves up and not lose to guys like Brad Pickett and winning split decisions against guys like Ian McCall. Joe Rogan has been saying that Mighty Mouse is the GOAT for years now and DJ is actually starting to believe his own hype. Spouting off about being better than GSP and Anderson in every interview. Bro, Frankie Edgar is better than you.
Frankie is better than you too lol, but yes, he is a beast

Back