Frankie Edgar is better than Demetrious Johnson

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For all this talk about DJ being a GOAT and the greatest champion of all time, there are guys in the UFC who are not currently champions that are better than DJ. Frankie Edgar being one of them.

Frankie just dominated Yair, a very impressive young prospect. Did the same thing against Cub, who is one of the hottest FWs right now after the Artem and Choi wins. Can't beat Aldo, but there is no shame in that as he is another all time great who would mop the floor against DJ. And Frankie should be above DJ in the p4p list because DJ is a midget fighting other midgets while Frankie is a midget who is beating guys bigger than him and has his entire career.

DJ is trying to duck TJ for his fight to break Anderson's title defense record. I love how he has always said he will fight whoever and doesn't care who his opponent is, but as soon as TJ wants to come down he has different opinions. Now he doesn't think TJ shouldn't jump the line, but what happened to not caring who the UFC lines up for him? That was great when he realized how shallow the 125 division is and wanted to rack up wins to break Anderson's record, but now there is someone who would probably be even money to dethrone him. Always talked about how he's not interested in moving up, and that anybody can drop down to 125 and come at him. Now that that is a possibility with a former champion in TJ moving down, he has other thoughts about the title picture at 125. I think it's funny how he didn't give a shit who his opponent was until someone legit like TJ is considering stepping down.

Greatest 125 champion ever? Sure. But he really should shut up about being a p4p great until he moves up and not lose to guys like Brad Pickett and winning split decisions against guys like Ian McCall. Joe Rogan has been saying that Mighty Mouse is the GOAT for years now and DJ is actually starting to believe his own hype. Spouting off about being better than GSP and Anderson in every interview. Bro, Frankie Edgar is better than you.

when the mouse beats the record for title defenses it wont count

Lol gtfo. Edgar is overrated as fuck, dieded by Maynard twice, embarrassed by Aldo in the rematch and almost ko-d by jeremy fucking stephens. He gets hit a ton in every fight while DJ barely gets touched.

True. Mighty Mouse is a fraud.

He is top 5 p4p, but he's not the best in the world.

Anyone here think Frankie could make 135? I wanna see Frankie vs MM now

Lol gtfo. Edgar is overrated as fuck, dieded by Maynard twice, embarrassed by Aldo in the rematch and almost ko-d by jeremy fucking stephens. He gets hit a ton in every fight while DJ barely gets touched.

Who has Mighty Mouse ever fought that is Aldo's caliber? Dominick Cruz? Oh yeah, and how did that go?

I love, by the way, this alternate universe where Maus is a career 125 guy who can't be considered as a GOAT until he moves up, he was a top bantamweight before moving down, he's made a career off beating Benavidez, who was the number 2 bantamweight before dropping down.

faceplanted multiple times by different TUF guys

When things just haven't worked out in a division that was basically a mistake to be made, you have to save a little face and start spouting off like you're better than Anderson and GSP, I understand

He's trying to salvage his reputation in a division that has been lacking since day 1, the only guys he's beat worth noting are John Dodson and Joseph Benavidez

Frankie is a warrior, he's been fucked over with a bs decision going to Bendo in the 2nd fight and has been used as a stepping stone for up and comers, and threw a wrench in that engine last weekend

I will always respect Frankie Edgar, a guy that carries the American flag and represents it well

We need more guys like him.. He's a class act

Barely gets touched? You must have forgotten the first Dodson fight.

xE9_vb.gif

SSNYD6.gif

He definitely got more than barely touched in that fight.

When things just haven't worked out in a division that was basically a mistake to be made, you have to save a little face and start spouting off like you're better than Anderson and GSP, I understand

He's trying to salvage his reputation in a division that has been lacking since day 1, the only guys he's beat worth noting are John Dodson and Joseph Benavidez

Frankie is a warrior, he's been fucked over with a bs decision going to Bendo in the 2nd fight and has been used as a stepping stone for up and comers, and threw a wrench in that engine last weekend

I will always respect Frankie Edgar, a guy that carries the American flag and represents it well

We need more guys like him.. He's a class act

the division is fine, always has been fine. Just because you don't know who the guys he's fighting are, which is ABSOLUTELY the UFC's fault, by the way, doesn't make them not good. Maus has had exactly 2 fighters who didn't belong in the cage with him pre fight, and one was a short notice fight to save a card in Cariaso.

They both lost to them, dummy.

That's my point you stupid fuck. The other guy was using the fact that Frankie lost to Aldo against him, but Mighty Mouse also lost when he fought other p4p greats.

The only reason Mighty Mouse has such a stellar record is cause he's fighting mid-tier guys.

Frankie Edgar is 3-4-1 in title fights. He's not even .500

Demetrious Johnson is 11-1 in title fights, with 10 title defenses. His one title fight loss comes to Dominick Cruz in a weight class above his natural fighting weight.

But yeah man, Frankie is the GOAT!!!!!

Is MM like 15-2 at BW and only lost to Cruz and like Joe B?

Back