Frankie Edgar is better than Demetrious Johnson

You don't have a point, dumb-fuck. Mighty Mouse was extremely undersized against Dominick Cruz and he still won the striking exchanges by most people's account. Frankie lost twice to Aldo and would lose a third time if they were to fight again. Mighty Mouse was competitive with Cruz six years ago, when he was half the fighter he is now. He would win if they ever rematched.

'fighting mid-tier guys' You're an idiot. Benavidez, Cejudo, Dodson, Reis, Horiguichi, etc. are not mid-tier guys.

Aldo would crush DJ.

Edgar woud tear a new one on any fighter DJ has fought, Dominick Cruz included.

'Mighty Mouse hasn't beaten any legends' Many of them will be legends by the time their career is over and done with. If you've beaten somebody that is currently recognized as a legend, then that probably means you beat them in the twilight of their career -- sort of like Edgar's wins over BJ Penn. 'he hasn't moved up...' The only reason Edgar moved down is because he couldn't win the title at Lightweight. Has Edgar moved up since moving down? If not, then he's basically in the same position that Mighty Mouse is. The only difference is that Mighty Mouse hasn't lost at that weight. He's been on a consistent win streak since 2012 (?).

LMAO what future legends has Mighty Mouse fought? It's gonna be entertaining as hell seeing you exaggerate the achievements of his opponents to make them look like legends <45>

I mean, obviously Cruz is a legend. But, again, he whooped Mighty Mouse's ass. Miguel Torres? Ehhh, he's a legend in the sense that old school UFC pioneers are legends. He wasn't actually a great fighter and Mighty Mouse put the dullest lay n pray display against him.

Benavides? This is the closest thing to a future legend that Mighty Mouse has beat, but he's not a legend plain and simple. Benavides was the #2 at bantamweight for a hot minute, before better fighters went into that weight class. He is basically like an inferior version of Mighty Mouse. Taking advantage of a shallow weight class to accrue a bloated record. Edgar has beaten two of his better teammates in Mendes and Faber.

Dodson? Nope

Cejudo? Too early to tell but there's no justification for calling him a future legend at his point.

Moraga, Cariaso, Elliot are not only NOT future legends, they will be completely forgotten within a few years.

So do tell which of Mighty Mouse's opponents can be put in the same category as Faber, Aldo, Henderson, and Penn.

Last edited:
Bums like an Olympic gold medalist?
who cares dude! Hideiko Yoshida was a judo champ but he was a can in MMA. Usain Bolt would be a can in mma too....you get it? I lmao when ppl come up with the " gold medalist in other sport" bullcrap.

When things just haven't worked out in a division that was basically a mistake to be made, you have to save a little face and start spouting off like you're better than Anderson and GSP, I understand

He's trying to salvage his reputation in a division that has been lacking since day 1, the only guys he's beat worth noting are John Dodson and Joseph Benavidez

Frankie is a warrior, he's been fucked over with a bs decision going to Bendo in the 2nd fight and has been used as a stepping stone for up and comers, and threw a wrench in that engine last weekend

I will always respect Frankie Edgar, a guy that carries the American flag and represents it well

We need more guys like him.. He's a class act

I think Frankie won the rematch vs Bendo as well but To be fair ... i also think he lost the first BJ Penn fight thus the start of his reign was a bs decision in his favor.

who cares dude! Hideiko Yoshida was a judo champ but he was a can in MMA. Usain Bolt would be a can in mma too....you get it? I lmao when ppl come up with the " gold medalist in other sport" bullcrap.

World class wrestlers have a predisposition to MMA like no other athlete. Comparing an Olympic gold medal in wrestling to judo and running is silly. The most notable/dominant judo practictioner in MMA competed against soccer moms. That speaks to its overall effectiveness in MMA. Cejudo was robbed of a decision against Benavidez in his last fight. The guy is very legit.

The problem with the 125 division is the UFC doesn't push it, doesn't really market MM, therefore a lot of people don't care about it. 10 title defenses is fucking amazing no matter how you slice it. And I really like the idea of DJ/TJ if Cody G can't fight.

Frankie isn't even in the conversation. He beats up a prospect and suddenly the Frankie fanboys resurface.

In terms of success (title defenses) he's not, but then again neither is any lightweight since that belt has yet to be defended more than three times. The division is too talented, much more so than 125, 170, and 185.

And with that being said, Frankie Edgar is the more skilled fighter overall than GSP and Silva. Compared to GSP, Frankie's MMA wrestling is similarly effective, his ground and pound is more destructive (and he does so without greasing), his striking is so much better. Take away GSP's jab (like Hendricks did) and all of a sudden GSP's striking is not even top 5 in the division. GSP has a better power double and maybe better armlocks. Edgar has less weaknesses than GSP and Silva.

The problem with the 125 division is the UFC doesn't push it, doesn't really market MM, therefore a lot of people don't care about it. 10 title defenses is fucking amazing no matter how you slice it. And I really like the idea of DJ/TJ if Cody G can't fight.

And 125 is just never going to have as deep a talent pool as 145, 155, and most other weight classes (although it is definitely better than LHW today). There are too few elite athletes that small.

That's laughable.

That's so stupid that it's offensive.

So are you just not going to defend your point that Mighty Mouse has beaten future legends?

In that case I consider that you tapping out of the argument and declare myself the winner.

How sad is your life when you go out of your way to cut down someone like Mighty Mouse?

that's your opinion/assumption, and that's all it is.

they haven't fought, and will never fight because they're in different weightclasses.

basically, you have no idea.

He never lost to Joe B. He lost to the all-time great Brad Pickett instead.
i'm not even some huge MM fan, but bringing up the dom and pickett fights to shit on MM is fucking stupid.

dude was nowhere near as good as he is now and fighting in a higher weightclass, and fuck you because WEC pickett was a top guy.

You don't have a point, dumb-fuck. Mighty Mouse was extremely undersized against Dominick Cruz and he still won the striking exchanges by most people's account. Frankie lost twice to Aldo and would lose a third time if they were to fight again. Mighty Mouse was competitive with Cruz six years ago, when he was half the fighter he is now. He would win if they ever rematched.

'fighting mid-tier guys' You're an idiot. Benavidez, Cejudo, Dodson, Reis, Horiguichi, etc. are not mid-tier guys.
Compare those guys to the resumes of the other current male champions

Frankie Edgar is 3-4-1 in title fights. He's not even .500

Demetrious Johnson is 11-1 in title fights, with 10 title defenses. His one title fight loss comes to Dominick Cruz in a weight class above his natural fighting weight.

But yeah man, Frankie is the GOAT!!!!!
All 8 of those title fights were against opponents that were naturally 1 or 2 weight classes above Frankke's natural weight class.

Let's see how MM does against the elite fighters at BW. I'm not saying Mouse isn't great, but it's not all about win streaks.

They should meet in the middle and we could find out

No... no he's not. Assuming they were the same size DJ would absolutely school Edgar.

Back