Fox is pushing for WWE to hire DC as commentator for Smackdown

DC is a hell of a commentator but I reckon he'd be better served as the CEO or vice chairman in the storyline with Jon Jones as a champion wrestler and mortal enemy, much like the Stone Cold and Vince McMahon storyline back in the day. Make it happen WWE.

Last edited:
Less entertainment, more sport?
<31>

More like the illusion of sport while still being entertainment

I hope he gets the job, no one deserves it more than the champ champ.

Bisping also mentioned in Joey Diaz's podcast that he might be doing some pbp in the future, maybe the UFC is thinking on bringing him in place of DC.

I think he will do well in WWE, maybe he can setup a wwe match for wrestlemania? it would be great for him and for the fans

This is about DC so we won't be seeing any of those here.
Too late. @Congo66 already proved me correct.

There's ALWAYS insecure MMA fans when it comes to pro-wrestling. It is funny, for people who like watching dudes punch and kick each other in the face, they sure do fucking cry about the most mundane things.

DC could have some tough career choices to make in 2019. Stay with Fox and work for WWE, be a regular on Fox Sports shows. Or leave with UFC and work their PPV broadcasts/some ESPN shows. Or maybe he would be able to do both?

Good to be in demand, of course. If he is sensible he will follow the money and length of contract. Neither Vince and WWE nor Ari and WME are renowned for their sentimentality.

I hope he gets the job, no one deserves it more than the champ champ.

Bisping also mentioned in Joey Diaz's podcast that he might be doing some pbp in the future, maybe the UFC is thinking on bringing him in place of DC.

Bisping did really solid work as the colour commentator for the Contender Series.

Personally I think it's good to have a strong pool of quality colour commentators. That way the broadcasts stay fresh and the product doesn't get stale.

I just wish Stann was still in the mix. Even so, with Rogan, Smith, Cormier, Cruz, Hardy, Felder and Bisping, the UFC boasts some excellent options. Florian was good too, but they don't use him in the booth these days. Personally I think he's better in that role than either Cruz or Felder, but that's personal preference.

If DC loses to Lewis and then his other belt gets stripped in 2 months, WWE wouldnt even look at him again <45>

Eh? They took Ronda after she got absolutely smashed in two consecutive fights, had a very public meltdown and completely lost her aura.

Not only that but they've since pushed her as an invincible world beater. I highly doubt that losing to Lewis would make a difference.

Too late. @Congo66 already proved me correct.

There's ALWAYS insecure MMA fans when it comes to pro-wrestling. It is funny, for people who like watching dudes punch and kick each other in the face, they sure do fucking cry about the most mundane things.
It's a sore spot because of how many people think MMA and WWE are the same thing.

Cormier sucks as a commentator. I don't like his voice, and he's pretty boring.

I like him as a fighter way more than Lesnar or Jones though.

Meanwhile UFC is looking more and more like WWE.

DC is the best and most talented color commentator in the business, the UFC needs to keep him at all costs, if it's either WWE or UFC. If it's both, i'm happy for DC and relieved.

It's a sore spot because of how many people think MMA and WWE are the same thing.
They have a lot of similarities. Obviously one is scripted and one is less scripted and involves guys actually try to hurt the other on purpose versus WWE, where the wrestlers only hurt other wrestlers by accident......... in most cases.

Good for DC, he is a genuinely good guy, and I enjoy his commentary.

He is naturally charismatic. He is a better speaker than Ronda.

Back