Fox is pushing for WWE to hire DC as commentator for Smackdown

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last week DC said he had to postpone an audition for WWE as a commentator due to his fight with Lewis in November.

Fox is pushing for Vince to hire DC & they want less "entertainment" & more "sport" once WWE moves to Friday nights with Smackdown (end of 2019)

Reasoning is they want to include Smackdown in advertising packages with other sports (sports gets higher ad rates)

The double champ making industry moves.
IceDC.png
GOAT

Good for him, pay him Popeyes money.
Fox is pushing for Vince to hire DC & they want less "entertainment" & more "sport"
I wish the UFC was pushed for less "entertainment" & more "sport"!

Last edited:
In before insecure MMA fans cry about pro-wrestling being brought up.

Anyone else seeing this as a way to bridge storylines? It’d be something for Brock to tirn up as DC commentates, just before the title fight. We are seeing the evolution of UFC

I wonder if Fox is trying to find enough for DC to do so he won't stay with UFC once he retires from fighting?

Why would you have someone who has zero fake wrestling experience to commentate on fake wrestling?

I don't get it or how that legitimises fake wrestling, having actual sportsmen talk about it doesn't make it any less fake and isn't likely to attract people who watch real sport is it?

I like DC, I like real sport but I'm not watching the WWE whether or not it has DC 'fighting' or commentating on it. I doubt I'm particularly unusual on this one either.

I'd rather Cormier than that tattooed freak Graves pretending to be Bobby Heenan.

Anyone else seeing this as a way to bridge storylines? It’d be something for Brock to tirn up as DC commentates, just before the title fight. We are seeing the evolution of UFC

Smackdown isn't moving to Fox until 10/19/19

Good for DC, make that money playa.

Good on DC, I hope they give it to him. He deserves the cheese. And the popeyes.

Why would you have someone who has zero fake wrestling experience to commentate on fake wrestling?

I don't get it or how that legitimises fake wrestling, having actual sportsmen talk about it doesn't make it any less fake and isn't likely to attract people who watch real sport is it?

I like DC, I like real sport but I'm not watching the WWE whether or not it has DC 'fighting' or commentating on it. I doubt I'm particularly unusual on this one either.

I wouldn't watch that garbage either. I doubt they are trying to attract mma fans through DC's commentary. Maybe they just think he can do a good job plus he can get into fake fights with wwe wrestlers while commentating.

Hopefully this doesn't go like Goldie's NFL foray.

At least he is good in one thing, because in being a champion he failed. Good luck!

If DC loses to Lewis and then his other belt gets stripped in 2 months, WWE wouldnt even look at him again <45>

They should sign Jones. DC will be clueless about their steroid peds things

I want DC to stay as UFC commentator. he keeps is fresh and dosnt argue with joe the entire card. Also his rassling knowledge is fun

Back