Former Miss UK and Love Island star Sophie Gradon suicides at 32 yo

Ironically, celebrities don't get that luxury. Social media is an unfortunate barometer for whomever's trending. It used to be that they found out when the phone stopped ringing, now they have to deal with the direct cruelty of public ownership.

Only if that's the source of your celebrity. If you're an athlete -for example- and that's why you're famous, how much you're 'trending' has zero value on your profession. So I disagree with this comment depending on what the celebrity is based off of.

Only if that's the source of your celebrity. If you're an athlete -for example- and that's why you're famous, how much you're 'trending' has zero value on your profession. So I disagree with this comment depending on what the celebrity is based off of.
"Depending" defines, doesn't it?

Sad. A complete waste.

Why don't people just stay away from social media if this is happening? It's a load of anonymous losers running their mouths at you online. It's like being addicted to seeing the horrible shit people write about you.
Because, as i've seen, so many of that generation grow up building their social image online and chasing constant validation for everything. 'Hey everyone look, I just got served a meal. Applaud me.'

Understandable that many of those people do not even feel they have any identity outside social media and when that medium turns on them and suddenly they are not valued or celebrated or prized they cannot handle it.

Because, as i've seen, so many of that generation grow up building their social image online and chasing constant validation for everything. 'Hey everyone look, I just got served a meal. Applaud me.'

Understandable that many of those people do not even feel they have any identity outside social media and when that medium turns on them and suddenly they are not valued or celebrated or prized they cannot handle it.

It's actually sad how accurate this is. I'm at uni with a bunch of 18-25s and most of them spend majority of their free time on social media. They'll take 10 selfies a day, and get mad at each other if they aren't "liked" instantly.

I loved Johnny Lawrence comments towards cyber bullies.

Here tis

And you sound completely retarded.
Sorry, but killing oneself due to comments made by anonymous people on the Internet isn't suggestive of mental fortitude. My sympathy is with her if she was dealing with mental health issues, but yea, I hold by my original comment.

The it's sad,but I will never understand how people cannot walk away from social media when they suffer that much abuse.

Im not sure how much they're earning from instagram but for these sorts of girls its literally their life. Posting pictures of themselves in their underwear pretending to be fitness gurus and cooking experts. They have to post pictures every day.

Im not sure how much they're earning from instagram but for these sorts of girls its literally their life. Posting pictures of themselves in their underwear pretending to be fitness gurus and cooking experts. They have to post pictures every day.

Why not settle for a regular job?

Did she have Fappening contribution? The name and face look familiar.

The it's sad,but I will never understand how people cannot walk away from social media when they suffer that much abuse.

She’s a reality star so this is basically her life. I share your sentiment for the regular folk though, a brisk walk can help people.

Back