Former Miss UK and Love Island star Sophie Gradon suicides at 32 yo

AgentSmecker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Tbh I had never heard of this woman before as I rarely watch television and certainly don't watch this type of trash tv. I try not to pay any attention to these so called reality tv stars but yesterday in a store I couldn't help but notice her pic and the headline on the front of a newspaper. Supposedly she had suffered with severe anxiety and depression and ended her own life 2 days ago. There has also been a lot of speculation that online trolls had played a part in driving her towards suicide and in fact in her final interview before she died she claimed they "had made her life hell".

“The harsh reality is, it can end up with that person taking their own life. And as you’ve seen in the media, that is what happens. Can you imagine being responsible for that?”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6559118/love-island-star-sophie-gradon-dead/

sophie-2.png

Regardless of what you think of her this is sad news and shows the dark side of those who feel like they have to live out their lives in the public eye. They desperately seek adulation and when they get it, it feeds their ego and builds them up but when they don't get enough or they fall foul of the more hateful individuals out there it can bring them down and destroy them completely. The trolls are just another toxic symptom of this new digital age. There are a lot of celebrities who I don't particularly like but I have never felt compelled to follow them and write nasty shit on their pages. People are strange creatures.

I read another article recently where mothers expressed their concerns about their daughters overuse of social media and how it was often having an adverse effect on their self esteem. They could often tell when something was up with their children due to them having not received enough likes for a pic they had posted up on facebook, somebody had said something mean or whatever. We are seeing a whole new generation of kids who are building a false sense of self worth around what other people think of their status updates and pics on social media platforms.

Last edited:
UK is a shithole country.

I understand her.

Social media is a hell of a drug.

She was hawt. Should line up all the trolls who harassed her and I'd knock them the fuck out one by one

A whole new generation?
No

That shit started with millennials 10 years ago.
This is old news by the way. South Park already made an episode about this a while ago.

She was hawt. Should line up all the trolls who harassed her and I'd knock them the fuck out one by one

Trolling can be very funny when it's inventive, kept light and done right but not this kind of sick vicious vindictive shit, targeting people and trying to fuck their heads up. Heard of a few cases like this https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...sent-labour-mp-antisemitic-messages-is-jailed - where the cunts get jailed but clearly more should be done to track these fuckwits down.

The it's sad,but I will never understand how people cannot walk away from social media when they suffer that much abuse.

The it's sad,but I will never understand how people cannot walk away from social media when they suffer that much abuse.

I think it becomes an essential part of their being. They are literally addicted to it. Virtual crack cocaine for the masses.

Shit got real for me when I learned August Ames committed suicide. It got personal.

I was like, "I jerked off to that girl numerous times!"

Kids, stay off social media. It does very little good in a person's life. RIP August Ames.

nintchdbpict000371458607.jpg

Sad. A complete waste.

Why don't people just stay away from social media if this is happening? It's a load of anonymous losers running their mouths at you online. It's like being addicted to seeing the horrible shit people write about you.

Just another idiot thinking they could be Hollywood famous and rich with these illusions of grandeur, then when they see the stark reality of what they have become just to get to the Z level this is what happens.

Zero desire to actually make a difference or strive for something worthwhile, just be a slutty celeb and rake in all that cash is the idea.

(I have no idea who she is and don't care to investigate because she clearly had zero importance to humanity)

If online trolls can cause one to end their life...then maybe it wasn't much of a life. To be clear, I'm talking about adults, not children and teens.

Back