Former Miss UK and Love Island star Sophie Gradon suicides at 32 yo

Lots people here don’t understand fucking anything. I bet she would’ve killed herself eventually regardless. The bullying just sent her over the edge a little quicker. ‘Cyber bullying’ really does seem ridiculous because of how avoidable it is, but having idiots shitting on you all day everyday online must not feel good. Bullying is bullying. It doesn’t matter if it’s physical, psychological or both. Some people really do care what others think. We don’t know the real story anyway. It’s not like a few people said a couple mean things and that was it. A lot of people kill them selves over shit like this. You can’t and never will understand it since most are closed minded idiots. Some are just naturally depressed. Nothing really causes them to be that way, they just are that way. Add this kind of thing on top of that person and you never know. There’s a good lesson in this - don’t be a f’n prick to people.

Tbh I had never heard of this woman before as I rarely watch television and certainly don't watch this type of trash tv. I try not to pay any attention to these so called reality tv stars but yesterday in a store I couldn't help but notice her pic and the headline on the front of a newspaper. Supposedly she had suffered with severe anxiety and depression and ended her own life 2 days ago. There has also been a lot of speculation that online trolls had played a part in driving her towards suicide and in fact in her final interview before she died she claimed they "had made her life hell".

“The harsh reality is, it can end up with that person taking their own life. And as you’ve seen in the media, that is what happens. Can you imagine being responsible for that?”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6559118/love-island-star-sophie-gradon-dead/

sophie-2.png

Regardless of what you think of her this is sad news and shows the dark side of those who feel like they have to live out their lives in the public eye. They desperately seek adulation and when they get it, it feeds their ego and builds them up but when they don't get enough or they fall foul of the more hateful individuals out there it can bring them down and destroy them completely. The trolls are just another toxic symptom of this new digital age. There are a lot of celebrities who I don't particularly like but I have never felt compelled to follow them and write nasty shit on their pages. People are strange creatures.

I read another article recently where mothers expressed their concerns about their daughters overuse of social media and how it was often having an adverse effect on their self esteem. They could often tell when something was up with their children due to them having not received enough likes for a pic they had posted up on facebook, somebody had said something mean or whatever. We are seeing a whole new generation of kids who are building a false sense of self worth around what other people think of their status updates and pics on social media platforms.

The impact of social media (current platforms and future ones) on the psyche of our children terrifies me.

sad to hear, what a world where someone cant reach out to friends for help and nobody notices your pain

Harsh, but fair. I can't imagine ever giving so much of a fuck about what other people's opinion that I killed myself because of it.

Totally bro. I also cannot imagine anything that has never happened to me, hence, I can only assume weakness in others.

Social media fake skanks get no sympathy from me. Most of them have major insecurities and go from guy to guy.

Sad but there are nudes out there. Just saying...

Totally bro. I also cannot imagine anything that has never happened to me, hence, I can only assume weakness in others.

Is this what you Humans call, "empathy"?;)

Harsh, but fair. I can't imagine ever giving so much of a fuck about what other people's opinion that I killed myself because of it.

Guess you missed the part about her having depression and social anxiety. No one knows what her exact mental state was or what she's been through and been affected by in life, so the accusation that it was weakness on her part is ignorance.

Lots people here don’t understand fucking anything. I bet she would’ve killed herself eventually regardless. The bullying just sent her over the edge a little quicker. ‘Cyber bullying’ really does seem ridiculous because of how avoidable it is, but having idiots shitting on you all day everyday online must not feel good. Bullying is bullying. It doesn’t matter if it’s physical, psychological or both. Some people really do care what others think. We don’t know the real story anyway. It’s not like a few people said a couple mean things and that was it. A lot of people kill them selves over shit like this. You can’t and never will understand it since most are closed minded idiots. Some are just naturally depressed. Nothing really causes them to be that way, they just are that way. Add this kind of thing on top of that person and you never know. There’s a good lesson in this - don’t be a f’n prick to people.

Trying to talk sense into a bunch of Shertards is a noble but ultimately futile effort. They see everything black and white/cut and dry, and any chance they get to criticize others and put someone down to make themselves feel more worthy they'll take it.

Guess you missed the part about her having depression and social anxiety. No one knows what her exact mental state was or what she's been through and been affected by in life, so the accusation that it was weakness on her part is ignorance.

behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fucks.jpg

You keep ranting about SJW's and whores. What happened to you?

You seem very angry.
I just don’t like attention whores, I’m actually very happy but thank you for your concern kindly

Instahoe, skank, z list slag... you can call her all the names under the sun but at the end of the day she was someones child who lost herself somewhere along the way and couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel. We now live in a profoundly sick society that promotes all the wrong values and is creating children who are no more than puppets to their egos. Cases like this are an extreme example but thank fuck I don't have children.

The it's sad,but I will never understand how people cannot walk away from social media when they suffer that much abuse.
Ironically, celebrities don't get that luxury. Social media is an unfortunate barometer for whomever's trending. It used to be that they found out when the phone stopped ringing, now they have to deal with the direct cruelty of public ownership.

The problem with people that have 'anxiety' and 'depression' issues is they will often turn mole hills into mountains as they're fragile emotionally to begin with. Couple that with the type of personality that seeks out fame -via social media nonetheless- and you have a strong suicide cocktail in the mix.

And she's hot, so I'm guessing rejection is also pretty foreign to her as well.

Man, that girl was gorgeous. It's a shame we never crossed paths.

Back