Social Foods you hated but now love

Spinach and cabbage, hated them as a kid but will eat them no problem now. Liver, absolutely hated it, but if it’s fresh, cooked in gravy with onions, mashed potatoes and green beans on the side, I’m in.

Brussels sprouts.

As a kid the smell alone made me hate them. Now days I could devour them every day. I buy bags of frozen Brussels sprouts, steam them, put them in a bowl and eat the entire bag with a little butter and pepper. Love em.

It's probably some sort of offal or liver. I used to avoid it like the plague as a kid. I still don't cook it but I would eat it if It's there.

When I was young, I hated all dark green vegetables. I could only eat lighter green vegetables like cabbage or something like cauliflower or carrots. Worst is green onion, it can actually trigger my gag reflex. All these gradually went away when I got older.

Cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. I would add coriander to the list. I was so surprised when I tasted fresh coriander. That dry shit is worthless.

Brussell Sprouts. Read a Superman comic book where Mister Mxyzptlk used them as a weapon by throwing them at Superman. Refused to try them. Now I love them.
Cooked cabbage, especially stuffed cabbage. My mom used to make it and I'd only eat the meat stuffing. Now I love cooked cabbage.
Asparagus. Thought they were stringy. Turns out they weren't being cooked right. Have to break them, not cut them. If you cut them, they'll be stringy.

Back