Social Foods you hated but now love

when I was a little kid I wasn't into onions (especially cooked ones) but now I put them in almost everything they fit with

Reactions: TCE
Recently when eating fresh cold tomato or olives from Subway sandwich, I ask myself why I'm not just eating cold fresh tomato and olives by themselves. Doesn't taste bad, nice and cold, nutritious.

I don't think that when they put old beat up falling apart tomato in the sandwich.

Onions.

On the flip side, I liked tomatoes when I was a kid, I hate them now.

Tea. Mum used to make it far too weak. Got over it when working work experience at a sailing club.

Tomatoes. Hated them as a kid, but missus would keep putting them with my breakfast. I can eat one on it's own, wouldn't like it, but it mixes well with other food.

Growing up I didn't like Mexican food but in my 20s I became a huge supporter. I hated avacado too, now I love it. Cilantro, hated it as a kid but now I don't mind it. Coffee too, I only liked it if it was blended like a frap now it's my go to drink. I even started drinking it black at one of my office jobs.

Beer and black coffee. Don't know how I live without now.

More food wise, I'd say fish, rice and eggs.

I guess vegetables in general. I hated most, if not all, of them.
Now, I love them. Just not olives. Olives are fucking disgusting.

Beans. Not so much wax beans or Lima beans, but the types that you’d use in chili, pork and beans, or in any number of Mexican dishes. Absolutely hated those beans as a kid, but as an adult I love all those dishes so much that beans have wormed their way into my heart that I genuinely like them now and will order beans a side to go with dishes like ribs or pulled pork.

Back