Social Foods you hated but now love

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Olives and Sushi/fish

Well olives I didn't hate, but you either start eating them and quickly learn to like them or you hate them. If you taste it and think ''maybe I'll just try another one to check'' then you're essentially hooked from that moment on. I used to dislike fish and still annoy myself that I didn't like fish when I was staying in Japan. I only started eating fish full time when I got back. I still recall going to the super tamada and buying a kit of 20 sushi rolls for 500 yen then sitting down and begrudgingly eating them, where as today I'd storm through them.

I think the best foods tend to require an acquired taste and more advanced pallet to enjoy. We tend to view the most sensitively appealing food as common e.g burgers and chips but then the more acquired tastes are kept for the upper class ergo cavier.

I agree with Olives....as a kid, no way. I would take them off my Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell. But when I started to love Martinis, I also loved olives.
Onions was another thing I would scrape off as a kid, now I insist on them.
Sushi is now in my top 3 foods and I used to think it was ass.

I used to hate Chinese Food when I was a kid, now its one of my favorites
Also hated rice in any form, now I love just about every version of it

On the reverse side, I liked tuna and fish sticks as a kid, now I would vomit if I tasted one single molecule of them

Tea. Mum used to make it far too weak. Got over it when working work experience at a sailing club.

Tomatoes. Hated them as a kid, but missus would keep putting them with my breakfast. I can eat one on it's own, wouldn't like it, but it mixes well with other food.

I used to hate eating vegetable but I got some wheel chocks and now the wheelchair doesn’t keep rolling away from me.

Sauerkraut
And maybe hummus. I say maybe because I still don’t like the taste. But I’ll eat a shit ton of it. I have no idea why I eat it when I don’t like it.

Salad.

A good salad with the right ingredients can be fantastic.

Avocados. I hate onions especially red ones. I always thought guacamole was the only way to eat avocados until I discovered avocado toast.

Cherries. I hate the sundae cherries and was hesitant to try real ones. But I really like them.

Peppers. Never liked bell peppers but now I est them all the time

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussel Sprouts

Anything pickled. Hated it when I was kid. Love it now.

Also coffee.

Back