Fmr CIA director US "probably" meddles in other countrie's elections, but for a good cause

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
When asked about Russian election meddling, former CIA director Woolsey said the US "probably" meddles in other countrie's elections, but when the US does it , it is for a good cause! For the interest of democracy and stopping Communists.

The hypocrisy is hilarious and amusing. And it is not for the interest of Democracy, since the US has overthrown democratic government and installed dictators, like in Iran and Chile. The US also supports the dictator Egyptian dictator Sis despite Communism being dead for over 25 years when Sisi launched his coup.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...or-us-meddles-in-foreign-elections-for-a-good

Good that Hillary lost, and good for the Russians if they played a part in her losing. The Russians are just giving the US establishment and the Clintons a taste of their own medicine. In the1990s, the Clintons meddled in Russian elections, providing American advisers to Yeltsin's re-election campaign.

I'm American, so I'm not mad if it happens in America's interests. As long as we are on the winning team.

edit:
Also, no shit we are meddling in elections. Having a bunch of fuckwits like the Muslim Brotherhood out there isn't a good thing for us.

I bet you US meddle in other countries affairs.... Not only during elections.

When asked about Russian election meddling, former CIA director Woolsey said the US "probably" meddles in other countrie's elections, but when the US does it , it is for a good cause! For the interest of democracy and stopping Communists.

The hypocrisy is hilarious and amusing. And it is not for the interest of Democracy, since the US has overthrown democratic government and installed dictators, like in Iran and Chile. The US also supports the dictator Egyptian dictator Sis despite Communism being dead for over 25 years when Sisi launched his coup.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...or-us-meddles-in-foreign-elections-for-a-good

Good that Hillary lost, and good for the Russians if they played a part in her losing. The Russians are just giving the US establishment and the Clintons a taste of their own medicine. In the1990s, the Clintons meddled in Russian elections, providing American advisers to Yeltsin's re-election campaign.

Not american but I don't get the big song and dance about this meddling crap. Every country meddles in every other countries affairs whether directly (as the US does) or indirectly (as the US does).

I would really like an explaintion as to why this is an act of war or other garbage. Any US citizen (or anywhere for that matter) who can't see the hypocrisy and slight of hand behind this needs to learn to critically think and self examine.

This thread very much I like

th

LMAO @ "probably". Just holy shit.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
edit:
Also, no shit we are meddling in elections. Having a bunch of fuckwits like the Muslim Brotherhood out there isn't a good thing for us.
Pretty blatantly hypocritical though when the US purports to support and spread democracy. This is why US moral authority has waned over the years, the cynicism and hypocrisy behind it became ever more clear. And then we're for some reason surprised when people in these countries vote against our interests.

Everybody "Meddles" in everyone's elections where it's in their interests.

Pretty blatantly hypocritical though when the US purports to support and spread democracy. This is why US moral authority has waned over the years, the cynicism and hypocrisy behind it became ever more clear. And then we're for some reason surprised when people in these countries vote against our interests.

People do what they think is best for them even at the expense of their moral consistency. Having a bunch of hostile nations that don't play nicely with us does us no favors, even if we look like the good guys. I'd find it treasonous of my government to let hostile nations have nukes, just because we have nukes, and want to be fair and consistent.

People do what they think is best for them even at the expense of their moral consistency. Having a bunch of hostile nations that don't play nicely with us does us no favors, even if we look like the good guys. I'd find it treasonous of my government to let hostile nations have nukes, just because we have nukes, and want to be fair and consistent.
Nuclear nonproliferation is one thing, supporting antidemocratic regimes against democratization movements is another.

So Im on the toilet, straining... Trying to pass a turd thats prolly the size of a dime.

Then I read the thread title and chuckle. Gotdammit wouldnt you know it, turd popped out.

Nuclear nonproliferation is one thing, supporting antidemocratic regimes against democratization movements is another.

The question is always at what cost and using what methods?

The Iraq war was a mass scale military activity that removed an antidemocratic secular dictatorship and replaced it with a democratic republic. And at least a half-million people died for it.

The thing I most notice about western liberals, especially white ones is their endless desire for other people to die in massive numbers to promote their ideals abroad.

Too bad freedom don't cost a buck o' five.

The difference is ruusia medfled in to get dimwit trump to get elected. The u.s turns people in a country against each other and have no problems if millions die as long as they get their puppet in.

Can you post any shred of proof?

The question is always at what cost and using what methods?

The Iraq war was a mass scale military activity that removed an antidemocratic secular dictatorship and replaced it with a democratic republic. And at least a half-million people died for it.

The thing I most notice about western liberals, especially white ones is their endless desire for other people to die in massive numbers to promote their ideals abroad.

Too bad freedom don't cost a buck o' five.
I don't agree with "democratization" the way it was done in Iraq by the US but I'd prefer if my government didn't support brutal dictators like Sisi against grass root democratization movements within their own countries

I don't agree with "democratization" the way it was done in Iraq by the US but I'd prefer if my government didn't support brutal dictators like Sisi against grass root democratization movements within their own countries

I would appreciate that when it happens. But our intelligence agencies and government don't really care about what we want and have generally adopted an "Ends justify the means" attitude similar to sovietization period of history where anyone who meets their criteria "Enemy of my enemy" gets care packages of weapons, intelligence, and coordination with U.S. "Advisors."

DVOI3vJVAAArxzV.jpg

It's very difficult for the U.S. to claim any kind of moral high ground given our government's behavior over the last several decades.

Back