Crime Florida is getting more authoritarian by the week

Nope. For most of human history if you found a ransom person in your home, you were on your own. Squatter's rights have been around for about 150 years--most of U.S. legal history and they are recognized in all 50 states. The liberal ones and conservative ones.

"Long and tenuous evictions." Also nope. The old law in Florida allows most of them to be done in a month or two. There is a specific statute already "advancing" such cases ahead of other cases on the Court's docket."

So you position is that this is necessary because this is how things have been for 10,000 years is wrong. The issue of squatters removal being long and tenuous is not the case in Florida.

How can we debate who is brainwashed and who is pursuing an idiotic policy when you simply make your position up?

I am not defending anyone. Squatters should be quickly removed from places they are not legally residing in. My point remains it is interesting to me that with fraudsters, murderers, pedophiles etc. out there, your Complaint is that we need to put resources to getting squatters out more quickly when Florida already has a policy of extremely fast unlawful detainer actions.
To your initial point -- for almost all of human history, land belonged to the person who could control it. Squatters' rights were the only rights. If you find unused land and you can hold it, it's yours.

You are the biggest enigma on this site. You posted this sarcastically to point out that rightfully squatters should have no rights. Yet based on your post history I suspect you did so as a way to hide the fact that you actually think squatters should have a right to squat.

- He is a very-good troll. I admire his dedication

The issue isn't too many people,
Gonna go out on a limb here but I would bet you don't live near Miami Dade or Broward
I live in MDC.

I'm curious, why do you think we have too many people? Is it because of traffic?

Shocked you want more people if you live in MDC. You must enjoy the gridlock on I95, 836, 826, Turnpike South into Homestead

Born and raised 47 years here, the last 5 years traffic has gotten progressively worse.

It wasn't like this 25-30 years ago. The migration stats reflect this trend.

Knowing you live down here, I think you might be insane, no offense

Gonna go out on a limb here but I would bet you don't live near Miami Dade or Broward

Shocked you want more people if you live in MDC. You must enjoy the gridlock on I95, 836, 826, Turnpike South into Homestead

Born and raised 47 years here, the last 5 years traffic has gotten progressively worse.

I don't deny that traffic is getting unbearable but the traffic problem is more complicated than just having too many people. A city like Tokyo has far less traffic despite being more than 6x larger than the Miami metro area.

What we need is better public transit. As someone whose worked in construction its frustrating to be stuck in traffic knowing so many people on the road are typical commuters who could be taking a train or a bus if public transit here wasn't so awful. I've had to take it a few times back from the job site and its so bad, you still end up paying for Ubers to get to and from the station. And the frequencies aren't great so sometimes you add like ~20-30 mins to the trip just sitting around waiting for the damn train.

Sometimes we'd see if we could get the client to agree to us working at night so we'd be going northbound at 05:00pm looking at the southbound gridlock. Its nice to avoid the traffic and the heat but getting home after midnight is not so great.

What we need is better public transit.
You can't build underground because of the limestone, the above ground monorail system was horrendously designed.

It's not only traffic btw. I remember going out on a busy weekend and being able to be seated at a table in 20 min or less

this is at regular chain restaurants, mind you, nothing fancy

Now, 45-60 min for a table at Flanigans on a Saturday is about the norm. Even the overflow to alternate nearby restaurants is gonna be minimum 30 min whereas in the past those overflow adjacent spots were 5-10 or seated right away.

Going into Wynwood, Doral, Gulfstream, or the beach is a suicide mission sometimes

You can't build underground because of the limestone, the above ground monorail system was horrendously designed.

It's not only traffic btw. I remember going out on a busy weekend and being able to be seated at a table in 20 min or less

Now, 45-60 min for a table at Flanigans on a Saturday is about the norm. Even the overflow to alternate nearby restaurants is gonna be minimum 30 min whereas in the past those overflow adjacent spots were 5-10 or seated right away.

Going into Wynwood, Doral, Gulfstream, or the beach is a suicide mission sometimes
There's a BRT that's being worked on that runs alongside US-1 but of course since we live in America its run into delays and cost issues. But investing in things like that will pay off in the future. Having taken those busses ten years ago they were awful so hopefully the upgrades improve frequencies and quality. What was a 30-40 min car ride turned into a 2-3hr bus trip, unbearable.

As far as stuff like restaurants I do see what you mean with the typical chain restaurants that require parking but I've had great experiences in some of the pedestrianized areas around Coral Gables. Driving there and parking can be annoying and expensive even but once you're on foot its nice. That's the future IMO, you park at a parking garage and walk or take a metro/BRT to a pedestrianized area where you have a bunch of small shops rather than a few big ones that require tons of parking.

If you can achieve a certain amount of commercial density centered around foot traffic you get more efficient use of space so it doesn't feel as full even if there's actually more people in that area. But when everything requires cars which take up tons of space everything feels crowded.

As far as stuff like restaurants I do see what you mean with the typical chain restaurants that require parking but I've had great experiences in some of the pedestrianized areas around Coral Gables. Driving there and parking can be annoying and expensive even but once you're on foot its nice. That's the future IMO, you park at a parking garage and walk or take a metro/BRT to a pedestrianized area where you have a bunch of small shops rather than a few big ones that require tons of parking.
It wasn't like this before and the thought of more migrants coming down here from all over the US seems exhausting

It wasn't like this before and the thought of more migrants coming down here from all over the US seems exhausting
We're all going to have nostalgia for how things were. There was a pond near where I live where locals would go fish, drink, smoke weed, that kind of thing. It got seized by the county for a road expansion. I have fond memories of how things were but the road expansions benefits us.

The more people we can accommodate through efficient land use, housing policy, and pubic transit the stronger our economy becomes. Its a good sign that so many want to come here and the more ready we are to take them in the better off we all are. That's how I see it at least.

Florida is the place to be, everybody moving there, all the world stars

We own land down there, but I don’t know the area where it is. We get offers all the time to sell it-cold calls mostly. Low ball offers. Went to Disney in 2020. My brother lives in orlando but he is very conservative. Went to Miami to fish for peacock bass in 2008 and again in 2013-but then it was too cold to enjoy in January. I like Florida just fine.
The panhandle is where you want to retire (except for PCB, it's no longer the Redneck Riviera but all corporate now).

Traffic was getting pretty bad in Jacksonville so I can only imagine how bad it is now in MDC (and Tampa/St Pete).
My dad lived in Orlando before Disney World. Back when it was called Borlando.

The panhandle is where you want to retire (except for PCB, it's no longer the Redneck Riviera but all corporate now).

Definitely not a red neck of any sort. Don’t hunt, have a truck, or fucked a relative. I just fish and kayak.

We're all going to have nostalgia for how things were. There was a pond near where I live where locals would go fish, drink, smoke weed, that kind of thing. It got seized by the county for a road expansion. I have fond memories of how things were but the road expansions benefits us.

The more people we can accommodate through efficient land use, housing policy, and pubic transit the stronger our economy becomes. Its a good sign that so many want to come here and the more ready we are to take them in the better off we all are. That's how I see it at least.

I would love to kayak fish one of those crystal clear creeks

Florida is the fascist capital of the world. Every time a leftist regime takes over anywhere all its opponents go to Florida. Its like a halfway house for fascists. Combine that with boomer retirees and you have a unique culture of disdain for human life.

Chaos in Haiti? Guess where the people who started it came from. Florida.

Just a note, pretty sure any state that tries to criminalize the 1st Amendment is definitely leaning towards authoritarianism. Cant film law enforcement officers in the execution of their duties, no citizen review boards:

Last edited:
Florida is the fascist capital of the world. Every time a leftist regime takes over anywhere all its opponents go to Florida. Its like a halfway house for fascists. Combine that with boomer retirees and you have a unique culture of disdain for human life.

Chaos in Haiti? Guess where the people who started it came from. Florida.

International fascists retire there as well. Bolsonaro comes to mind.

Just a note, pretty sure any state that tries to criminalize the 1st Amendment is definitely leaning towards authoritarianism. Cant film law enforcement officers in the execution of their duties, no citizen review boards:

I wonder how many other US states there are whose leaders wish they could be that overtly authoritarian.

I don't understand why people who constantly wail about protecting freedoms so easily accept this kind of thing just because the person is on their side of the political spectrum.

Ok, that's a lie. I admit it. I understand it very well, I think. They've already convinced themselves that all that freedom stuff is bullshit and because they treat the founding principles of the USA as bullshit, they think everyone else does too so that gives them leave to say one thing and do another. They seem to really want a king and a secret police as long as it keeps the brown people and the poors and the trannies in their place.

Wynnwood is disgusting now. Was cool like 10 years ago, now over crowded and homeless everywhere. Last time I was there, there was a giant pile of human shit right outside the bar we went to.

The amount of homeless in downtown has sky rocketed too. Rows and rows of tents and whatnot.

Back