Crime Florida is getting more authoritarian by the week

Oh look, the resident contrarian here to provide an opinion that's runs counter to the mainstream that no one is going to agree with. This is so unlike you and totally surprising.
Hardly contrarian. I've litigated this type of matter multiple times from sides of the conversation.

I don't really care if the mainstream doesn't agree. The mainstream doesn't know shit about this topic beyond general headlines. And they've definitely never really thought about. Neither in the present or from an understanding of where the law on squatter's right came from.

I don't really expect you to understand, let alone debate, something complex.
giphy.gif

Literally Hitler!

Wow, this is in a red state like GA, took weeks to remove a child sex trafficker lol wtf?

I wasn't aware of this case but there was another one here recently where a soldier in the Guard was returning from a year long deployment and it took like 6 months to get the squatters out of his house.

Hi rest of the USA, just a friendly reminder

Florida is at capacity, go somewhere else

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Please stay the fuck out, we're full. Also all you NY plates gtfo you cancerous twats
I see this sentiment among some Floridians and I completely disagree. The issue isn't too many people, the issue is bad land use policy. The better able a state is to absorb a bigger population the better for its economy. We have great weather throughout the state and if we can turn cities like Orlando into a major metro area we could turbo charge the state economy.

But we'll never get there with bad land use policy that prioritizes cars and single family zoning over better land use policies like transit oriented developments and mixed use, multifamily zoning. Things are thankfully changing but there's going to be a lag and more so because America has become bad at building things quickly due to excessive red tape and NIMBYism. We did get that Brightline high speed rail up so that's encouraging, an example for the rest of the nation I'd say. Haven't taken it yet but kind of proud of my state that we got something like that done in a country that struggles to build passenger rail.

I would move to Florida just for the bass fishing but my wife hates the politics of Desantis very badly and would never move there. But moves like this are the right thing to do. Fuck squatters. My grandfather made the mistake of letting a young woman stay in his spare apartment with no lease. Her trashbag bf moved in and started causing trouble. Grandfather told them to leave, he threatened my grandfather. I went down there and may have suggested that I would rip his arms from his body if he didn’t leave. Well, they make a show of leaving, but then “sublet” the apartment to other people and collected the rent that we never got paid and we couldn’t get them out. I personally knew the magistrate and worked with him for almost two decades. He said unless we could prove they were a danger to the rest of the property, they had a six month window for a court proceeding.

I would move to Florida just for the bass fishing but my wife hates the politics of Desantis very badly and would never move there.
I hate his politics too and I love it here. It doesn't affect you day to day and if you live in the Miami metro area its more purple politics wise than the rest of the state. You should take some vacations here to see if she might change her mind. Lots of building going on here and I say the more the merrier.

This is sickening... Florida is passing a law that removes squatters rights. Imagine being homeless and after a grueling effort of finding a home to shelter you from the elements, you get forcibly removed from the property you worked hard to get into.

White supremacy

Right?

You are the biggest enigma on this site. You posted this sarcastically to point out that rightfully squatters should have no rights. Yet based on your post history I suspect you did so as a way to hide the fact that you actually think squatters should have a right to squat.
:)) I was gonna post this but didn't know how exactly to word it.

through legal means
Been in the real estate biz since 2012. I own 3 houses in the US. 2 in Georgia and 1 in Indiana. Turds using "legal means" is like 1% of all squatters. Oh some are good enough to create/fabricate paper work that looks legal. But it's not. They just create it to prolong the process by months.

TLDR: Screw squatters!

Exactly.

There has to be some middle ground between landlords being able to evict over absolute bullshit with very little notice and people getting to squat somewhere for months on end.
Wahhh wahhh, upstanding people must allow degenerate criminals to take and use their stuff as they please. Wah wah

It’s always the folks that never earned anything, the entitled sloths birthed into a soft world. These lineages would have ended if not for kind hearted people who fought natural selection.

Here’s a tip, look in the mirror and acknowledge your failures and weaknesses. Be grateful to the contributors in the real world who keep you alive.

To the degenerate junkies and scum “squatting” are no different than burglars. This term should be eradicated and they should be treated like home invaders and the threat they are.

That’s modern conservatives for you: Mega rich grifters who commit civil theft or fraud can delay any consequences for their actions for years or even a decade tied up in the court.

In FL if you are a squatter (almost always poor and desperate) the old process of getting your ass thrown out in 3 to 4 weeks isn’t good enough. Poor people who break the law get immediate justice.
No, what Florida has done is implement the same policy that has existed for tens of thousands of years in human history and across most of the rest of the world. It's only recently with idiotic policies that this has become an issue. All it takes for a lot of these progressive policies to be broken is enough people willing to abuse those policies.

florida is on the right track here. all we really need though is a one or two day tun around in the courts to evict these dirtbag criminals. maybe they could just bump all squatters cases to the front of the line in the courts to expedite things. as it is in many states homeowners get harmed and sometimes bankrupted by losers who should get the boot instead.

liberals are giant pussies on this issue.

No, what Florida has done is implement the same policy that has existed for tens of thousands of years in human history and across most of the rest of the world. It's only recently with idiotic policies that this has become an issue. All it takes for a lot of these progressive policies to be broken is enough people willing to abuse those policies.
No. Neither the old process in FL to remove a squatter using the summary judicial procedure, or the new system whereby squatters are to be removed by affidavit to sheriff have been around tens of thousands of years. That is a silly position.

What “liberal” policy is idiotic? Under the current system in FL, squatters are already subject to some of the fastest judicial procedures available.

It seems like you don’t know anything about this. You just read that “squatters” had “rights” so you created a make believe progressive /conservative narrative (involving make believe history and make believe liberal policies) to justify removing those “rights” to punish people you feel need more punishing. That’s a sh*t way to make policy.

My point stands. Here where you often have poor and desperate people squatting a summary judicial procedure isn’t fast enough. Ironic that you and the conservatives don’t manufacture this same outrage when the grifter is rich and powerful.

Back