Florida Senate passes Bill that makes it an infraction to drive slow in the left lane

This is a much better solution than the one I have considered over the years which is missiles.

I wouldn't mind some small but very powerful missiles to just shoot cars that are in the fast lane and knock them off the road!

The missiles could contain high density foam that wraps the car in foam to protect the passengers while they roll away from the f****** lane!!

This is a lot better solution and much more cost effective too.

Last edited:
New Jersey has had this law on the books for as long as I can remember.

It smooths out the flow for everyone.
Keep in mind that the speed limit on NJ highways is 75mph.

You have to be over 80mph to get police attention, unless newfangled radar machines that take a pic of your license plate. Ticket comes in the mail. This is how it's done in PA. Police have better things to do.

Keep in mind that the speed limit on NJ highways is 75mph.

You have to be over 80mph to get police attention, unless newfangled radar machines that take a pic of your license plate. Ticket comes in the mail. This is how it's done in PA. Police have better things to do.
They tried that robocop thing in NJ about 10 years ago. The courts got so swamped with speeding ticket hearings that they scrapped the program.

They tried that robocop thing in NJ about 10 years ago. The courts got so swamped with speeding ticket hearings that they scrapped the program.
In PA they mostly use the machines at construction zones, right where the speed limit is reduced to 45mph. Plus, at that location the fine is doubled.

They already enforce this law in my state. I never see anyone get pulled over for it on the main highways but I see it enforced on local and county roads.

The drivers here have gotten worse since COVID. It’s like everyone is out there trying to kill me or rudely drives like they are the only ones on the road. There can be only one other car in sight and they will still cut you off just to drive 10 mph under the speed limit. You have to drive defensively

This has been a law in Oklahoma for 2 or 3 years now. Hasn't really helped get slow pokes out of the left lane from what I can see. I still come across many who act like they're in their own world and impede others.

Yea I thought that would be the case here as well but it’s worked much better than I thought. You still get people who do that of course but it’s not nearly as bad.

Man, if I had a two hour commute every day I'd find something else to do. I'd go completely insane spending four hours a day in a car on top of a full work day, I think. Anyway, if you can deal with it successfully, good on ya.

On the thread topic, sure, that's fine but do they really need to pass a law to deal with it? More drivers are bigger assholes than I thought, I guess.
I needed to upgrade my career and it meant taking a job that was out of the way. A lot of my friends have done the same thing at some point in their career. Its worth it as long as you can eventually escape the crazy commute. My escape is finally coming next month as I am moving a lot closer to work, I should be able to get there in 35 mins on a good day as long as our hero @Quadtavius Tuck and his legion of Asian grandmas are not there to save the day.

I think selfish drivers cause the majority of road issues.
People cutting the line for an exit is one of the worst things. It causes so much traffic and makes me really mad. Traffic will pile up in 2-3 lanes because of it

What’s going slow? If you are at the speed limit, drive whatever lane you want.
Again, the party of less govt oversight loves increasing govt oversight.

We have the signs up already, and it changed nothing. Assholes on I75 going 50 in the left while signs everywhere telling them to stick to the right.

Though if even one ticket is given out, it will make my day.
You got to just slightly bump them.

How are we defining slow when everyone is already exceeding the posted speed limit?

The passing lane should be a cruising lane for police to speed without lights unimpeded. I think it sends the worst message when people enforcing laws break them. Drivers failing to respect move-over laws is common. I want the authority to call 911 on passing lane cruisers.

Last edited:
What sucks is there used to be no law necessary for this when people actually had respect for other people on the road.

Driving slow in the left lane and blocking traffic is something that seems to have started in California and slowly started infecting other states.
yea people don't get out of the way now which causes people to get reckless and try to pass in the right in a small window things like that. Then that adds to road rage this is a big W

Seems like a pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things especially when Florida has some of the most dangerous roads and highways in the country. Only natural that dipshit FL politicians would waste time on stuff like this while actively making it harder for cities to invest in alternatives to driving.

Back