First time you seen the fighter, you knew he would be champion some day.

Frankie Edgar.

When he beat Tyson Griffin in his UFC debut, then destroyed Mark Bocek(who is a hugely underrated fighter on here), I knew he was something special.
That's a very good call. Or a series of good calls.

Frankie had a great beginning to his UFC career. Griffin was good at the time and Bocek (while never making it to the very top) was always extremely tough and himself only lost to very good fighters.

GSP vs Karo. Totally biased commentating by Rogan, while sucking Karo's balls, then WTF, GSP wins his first UFC fight.

I assume we're only talking UFC titles.

Right: GSP, Machida, Cormier, Conor, Rose

Wrong: Charles Oliviera, Alexander Sarnavskiy, Rustam Khabilov, Niklas Bakstrom (My god did he ever flop)

Pending: Vitaly Minakov, Andrey Koreshkov, Zabit Magomedsharipov, Paulo Borrachina, and of course Erick Silva.

Jones is obviously on a different level physically. He's incredibly strong and that frame is made for fighting.

Conor was special in Cage Warriors. I watched some of his fights when he first signed and was convinced he was gonna be incredible.

I assume we're only talking UFC titles.

Right: GSP, Machida, Cormier, Conor, Rose

Wrong: Charles Oliviera, Alexander Sarnavskiy, Rustam Khabilov, Niklas Bakstrom (My god did he ever flop)

Pending: Vitaly Minakov, Andrey Koreshkov, Zabit Magomedsharipov, Paulo Borrachina, and of course Erick Silva.
Bakstrom is a good shout. Sherdog fuckin lived him.

04-Conor-McGregor-UFC-205-Post-750x370-1.jpg

Right: After Cormier completely destroyed BigFoot (The same bigfoot who just outclassed both Fedor and Arlovski), I knew he would be a champ.

Wrong: I liked Rockhold in Strikeforce, but he ate so many punches in his fight against Jacare I thought he'd never make it in the UFC.

Pending: Dominick Reyes looks like he could be something special at LHW.

Jon Jones is the only one I can legit say that I was sure he was going to get that belt.

Oddly enough, I figured if he kept at it Brock would likely get hold of the belt at some point down the road after watching him lose to Mir.

I knew Cain and DC were each something special the first times I saw them, but there were other guys they would need to go through that gave me some pause.

Bakstrom is a good shout. Sherdog fuckin lived him.

Dude could strike, grapple, had big power, young and undefeated, destroyed fellow international prospect Max Coga in 15 seconds... I thought he was about as sure a thing as could be.

And then:

TatteredRipeCod.gif

Too many to list.

One fighter I was wrong on was Stipe. The first time I seen him fight, was at UFC 136 vs. Joey Beltran. I was at the event and I was definitely impressed, but his performance was not overwhelming. He won by Decision and I liked his wrestling and boxing skills. I never thought he would end up Champ, though.

I am very happy for him. He is a great guy and very good fighter. I hope he can get a few more title defenses.

Back