First time you seen the fighter, you knew he would be champion some day.

OMG I CALLED JON JONES says every tuf noob

Stipe, easily. Weidman as well. Frankie.

Jon Jones too. Also Tony Ferguson. When he smashed and tapped out Tibau I had a feeling he will be champ.

(although is Tony the actual champ or not? does interim count?, I don't even know.. is he the undisputed LW champ? its all so confusing, I'm lost with it all).
In the 223 presser Dana called him champ and he even had C next to his name in intro. UFC's website says IC though. Whatever. He said he doesnt care and wants to fight everyone. So I dont care.

Jones after bonnar, bj penn, gsp, shogun obviously, Conor after poirier / listening to him speak

Honestly, Conor. His fight with Max was the first one I saw and after that I knew he'd win a belt eventually.
yep

champions exhibit certain qualities, that one was very easy to see coming, especially after listening to him speak / project his energy etc.

Stipe- After Shane del Rosario fight
Jones-After Bonar fight.
Hendricks after Jon Fitch

Werdum after subbing Fedor.
However it took surprisingly long time before it actually happen.
Carla winning the TUF was the most easy one to predict.
Still believe Jacare will be UFC champ and he would been if he wasn't screwed and ducked so much.

I have also been many times.
I thought Diego Sanchez would be champ after watching being so dominant on TUF.
Same thing with Uriah hall at TUF 17.
How Pedro Rizzo never got to be UFC champ is for me a mystery.

Last edited:
Right now its Till. 185 too

I thought Nunes was the one most likely to take the belt from Rousey. Close enough

Schev & Rivera

idk if this has already been said but the first time I saw Bektic,

this kid will be champ

Brandon Vera...that didn't quite work out. Then I thought Pat Barry would do it :( I never would have guessed Stipe. I'm not good at this apparently.

The first time I saw him... I was amazed... I felt he could become world champ... I mused... WHO IS RYOTO MACHIDA?! :D

Brandon Vera...that didn't quite work out. Then I thought Pat Barry would do it :( I never would have guessed Stipe. I'm not good at this apparently.
He got it done in ONE FC. That'll probably invoke some flaming but it is what it is.

For me, both Conor and TJ struck me as possible champions immedeatly. The way they performed, spoke, all of it.

But, I think I'm speaking for 80% around here, I had that feeling about Erick Silva as well. Gastulum I thought would be a champ as well, but can't seem to get his weight in order to compete at WW.

Currently, I'm very high on Usman, from the first fight he had on that weird TUF to all the improvements he made after. Looks like a champ to me.

I think I first started paying attention to Jones around when he murdered poor Matyushenko, and was confident that he'd be champ material someday.

Mcgregor after the Porier fight.

In terms of guys who aren't champion (yet) I still have faith in Wonderboy and I think Blaydez is a real prospect to watch.

OMG I CALLED JON JONES says every tuf noob

Stipe, easily. Weidman as well. Frankie.

Given that tuf started in 2005 maybe the term 'tuf noob' is a touch outdated. At this point tuf has been around in the UFC for longer then it hasn't.

DC during the early Strikeforce days.

Watched DC fight Monson, Monson was pretty worn by that stage but he was still a decent mid level HW. Cormier put a complete clinic on him, displayed very nice boxing.

Who was the first fighter you seen and knew he was going to be champ?

Not sure if the 1st fighter or fighters we saw for the first time and thought they would get a title some day. I'll go for both.

1st time ever: Machida vs Bonnar. Dude wasn't physically impressive, but so fast. He would roam around the ring like a ghost then strike like Lightning before disappearing again. he was considered very boring fighter for a long time, and even a career ender, since he would make you lose AND look bad. Still, he was very impressive.

Otherwise, I was also very impressed by Jones vs Bonnar (seems Bonnar is good at revealing people). Jones had a very different style fro, everything i saw, unconventional striking, incredible wrestling, he ragdolled Bonnar and while Bonnar going the distance, Bones made it look like Bonnar had no business in the cage

Back