First time ever you could argue that 2 Bellator champs would beat 2 UFC champs

whittaker has beaten better guys more impressively. no one else has dispatched jacare like he has thus far. hes also younger, faster, and has better wrestling. prob has more heart as well.

Yeah, Mousasi is a tool who was just lucky beating 7 (ex)world champs while competing in 3 weight classes with over 50 MMA fights. Easy fight for anybody in the UFC.

Moose vs Knuckles would be an interesting fight.
Rory embarrasses Tyrone again.

not the first time. at some point around 2013 Bellator had Eddie Alvarez and Vitaly Minakov as their lw and hw champs. you could make same case there.

I know right? I mean, it's not like Rory already beat Woodley once or something.........

Remember how GSP said that Nick Diaz has the style to beat Woodley? Seems to me I've seen that style beat Woodley already........

I'm not saying that Woodley is a bad fighter. What I'm saying is that I see no reason why Rory wouldn't just beat him again the same way. People act like Woodley has improved 1000 fold since he lost to Rory, and that Rory has some how regressed in that time frame. Woodley doesn't pose any more threat now, than the first time they fought. Rory figured him out once, I don't think it's a stretch to say he'd do it again. Much the same way Robbie beat Rory 2x.

Styles make fights. Imagine that.
Yeah it's a done deal. Just mail Rory the UFC belt now.

You probably Marquardt would best Woodly again too.

But somehow advocate that WB will beat Woodley in a third fight.

I think t.wood takes Rory this time around but styles make fights and I'd like Mousasi to beat whitaker.

Btw for UFC brass and Dana: You hear sold out LONDON crowd for as short as fight lasted - " MOO- SAS- SI" was the raining chant for the few minutes of fights duration but Lol- Gegard no draw???

# epicbrainfart

True. But Wonderboy is the best WW in the world though. Got robbed both times vs Woodley.

Woodley single handedly has ruined the division.

Both throw up fights for sure...

Mousasi unfortunately is inconsistent, I’d favor Bob B Nucles, but it be a great fight.

Rory had already beat Tyron, but that was before getting his face smashed by Lawler, I think this would be a non factor in the fight result as in Rory would UD TWood. But, Rory fights with timidity now (even worse than pre-nose smash) and another fight against Wood would be a stinker like WoodThompson 2

I think Woodley may be too evolved in the standup and too dynamic for Rory MacDonald to contend with, but I got it totally wrong the last time so I may be willing to give Bellator this one. Mousassi vs Whittaker, not really; Whittaker is a more effective grappler overall that Mousassi and his effectiveness in the standup, and the extent to which it improves from fight to fight, is often seriously overlooked.

I know right? I mean, it's not like Rory already beat Woodley once or something.........

Remember how GSP said that Nick Diaz has the style to beat Woodley? Seems to me I've seen that style beat Woodley already........

I'm not saying that Woodley is a bad fighter. What I'm saying is that I see no reason why Rory wouldn't just beat him again the same way. People act like Woodley has improved 1000 fold since he lost to Rory, and that Rory has some how regressed in that time frame. Woodley doesn't pose any more threat now, than the first time they fought. Rory figured him out once, I don't think it's a stretch to say he'd do it again. Much the same way Robbie beat Rory 2x.

Styles make fights. Imagine that.

I think Rory beats up Tyron again, and I think this fight is similar to a Nickolas Diaz vs. Woodley, but it's not perfect.

Rory, moreso than most MMA fighters imo, adapts for his opponents, you can see it in his stance alone. He adapted for Tyron, and Tyron was fairly predictable. Other readser can check out the BJJscout vid, but I think Big John put it perfectly when he was on JRE, "He took everything away from him(Woodley)".

The guys who Tyron has fucked up, didn't show him respect against the cage. Condit and Koscheck pressured but we're not prepared. Nickolas is capable of doing the exact same thing.

Diaz has highlights and finishes putting guys against the cage, Woodley has made a lot of his highlights with his back to the cage.

Tyron could KO Diaz or hurt him and Diaz could easily wear Tyron out. This fight could get nasty, but I imagine this fight isn't as exciting as we hope and its standing around, cage wrestling followed by takedowns attempts to nothing.

I think Mousasi vs Whittaker is 50/50. I’d bet on Mousasi, more tools in the toolbox in my opinion. Rory would beat Woodley again.

Well the fact is Rory straight clowned
On woodley.

He could still probably do it at this point as well

I think Rory would beat Tyrone because he is the better fighter.

and i think mousasi can beat Whittaker, but that just because of their style, Whittaker is a better fighter right now in terms of their recent record.

Woodley would beat Rory now.

no way, Rory beat him with ease, Tyrone definetly has improve by a lot, but not enough to catch up to rory.

stylistically Rory just had so many advantages.

BS
Mousasi outstruck Lyoto 66-35. And that was his first fight @ 185 after 2 torn ACL's.
If u really watched the fight. Old man Machida made moose look like an amateur fighter.
And yeah im waiting for the cheat peds and greasing excuse

Im a Woodley fan but Rory would whoop him.

Gegard however, i can only see him getting KO'd. The speed and raw power of rob would over whelm him and he'd be happy to go back to Bellator

Bellator has come along far enough now that a UFC-Bellator "Super Bowl" would be really fun to watch.

Back