First time ever you could argue that 2 Bellator champs would beat 2 UFC champs

.... again, try and follow.

Whitaker has looked *good* against *grapplers* who couldn't get the *TD*.

How dumb are you to go on and explain that Whitaker would win because he looked good against grapplers who couldn' get the TD.

The point is, Whitakers style is tailor made for Grapplers like Jacare, and Romero, who can neutralize the their TD's and make it a stand up bout.

FYI he didn't dominate Romero on the feet, he won a very close decision win.

The last striker he beat was Uriah Hall, and before that he was KO'd by wonder boy at 170.

He is no Anderson Silva
They’re a grappler doesn’t mean they don’t have great striking,romero striking is elite and no one can deny it.jacare striking is good and no can deny it.
And who’s the best striker Anderson Silva beat? A year lay off vitor?

Rory MacDonald > Tyron Woodley

Gegard Mousasi > Robert Whittaker

I dunno.

Since beating Woodley by decision, Rory got beat out of the UFC while Tyrone went on a tear, KOing Lawler for the strap and defending it three times.

Would watch though.

Whittaker vs Mousasi would be interesting fight too.

He KO'd Hall in the rematch and Machida is a steroid using cheater.

Jacare hasn't looked great since a certain administration was implemented either.

All points you made have some validity, but the only point of my lost was to refute the claim that Mousasi has "only been outstruck once in his career". Other factors notwithstanding, this statement is simply and categorically false.

Moose would definitely not take Bobby.

All points you made have some validity, but the only point of my lost was to refute the claim that Mousasi has "only been outstruck once in his career". Other factors notwithstanding, this statement is simply and categorically false.

Well I dunno about that, but to say that those fights were fair is unfair.

Not to mention I think he actually outlanded steroid Machida in the stats anyway . I could be wrong.

The guy who got busted by USADA hasn't beat anyone relevant since?
Did you actually look into that, or are you just running your mouth? He tested positive for 7-keto-DHEA, which has virtually no performance enhancing abilities according to most studies, and at best can aid slightly in weight loss. By slightly, I mean "no more than drinking green tea". Roughly an extra 4 lbs lost over the course of 8 weeks when combined with diet and exercise, an overall highly underwhelming result. Definitely not something a pro fighter would risk getting popped over. And USADA had just recently (at the time) banned it.

Here's an entire article going over it in detail. www.bloodyelbow.com/platform/amp/2016/11/17/13662150/lyoto-machida-ufc-usada-suspension-what-is-7-keto-dhea-fat-burner-banned-ped-drug-steroid

So please, tell me again how machida is roided to the gills and that's the only way he whooped your favorite fighter.

With Moose, you never can tell. He can be major kryptonite for a LOT of UFC MW's. Others, not so much.

Well I dunno about that, but to say that those fights were fair is unfair.

Not to mention I think he actually outlanded steroid Machida in the stats anyway . I could be wrong.
See my above post about this supposed "steroid machida"

You guys are tripping.

Theres bee multiple times, just now fans are starting to realize fighting for a certain promotion doesnt mean shit.

At one point they had Askren and Eddie Alvarez as champs.

Askren still hasent lost and Eddie won ufc gold and is ranked #2. Hes also in his mid 30s and has fought for 15 years. Clearly hes seen better days.

Thats just one example.

Did you actually look into that, or are you just running your mouth? He tested positive for 7-keto-DHEA, which has virtually no performance enhancing abilities according to most studies, and at best can aid slightly in weight loss. By slightly, I mean "no more than drinking green tea". Roughly an extra 4 lbs lost over the course of 8 weeks when combined with diet and exercise, an overall highly underwhelming result. Definitely not something a pro fighter would risk getting popped over. And USADA had just recently (at the time) banned it.

Here's an entire article going over it in detail. www.bloodyelbow.com/platform/amp/2016/11/17/13662150/lyoto-machida-ufc-usada-suspension-what-is-7-keto-dhea-fat-burner-banned-ped-drug-steroid

So please, tell me again how machida is roided to the gills and that's the only way he whooped your favorite fighter.

Machida when fighting Mousasi:

mmv6o5.jpg

Machida when fighting Rockhold...... 1 year later

c4cwuGt.png
JHkFlqA.jpg

Nice try bud

Machida when fighting Mousasi:

mmv6o5.jpg

Machida when fighting Rockhold...... 1 year later

c4cwuGt.png
JHkFlqA.jpg

Nice try bud
Not a "try". I posted factual evidence and links, you're attempting the eye test. And, while the eye test is notoriously inaccurate (Barnett, rothwell), you screw it up even further by taking action shots in mid fight, weight cut shots, and professional photos, and comparing them with machida chilling on the cage pre-fight.

So, uh, "nice try bud".

Use your fuckin eyes and brain dude

Lyoto was looking like a body builder in his late 30s after spending his entire adult life in his prime years not nearly as shredded.

Heres a fucking hint, the substance he took was banned for a reason.. It either helps mask something or is a commom thing to test for. Usada doesnt just have ibuprohen on the ban list.

Use your fuckin eyes and brain dude

Lyoto was looking like a body builder in his late 30s after spending his entire adult life in his prime years not nearly as shredded.

Heres a fucking hint, the substance he took was banned for a reason.. It either helps mask something or is a commom thing to test for. Usada doesnt just have ibuprohen on the ban list.
Huh, the famous eye test. Cuz Anderson Silva carried a ton of muscle and Josh Barnett was absolutely shredded, right...?

Read the article I posted, you nitwit. If anything, 7-keto-DHEA causes FALSE POSITIVES.

Hell, look at lyoto's behavior when he tested positive. Immediately owned up to taking the substance, not realizing it was banned (was banned very recently at the time), and issued a public apology. That's not the behavior of a career long roided trying to get away with it (looking at you, Jones).

to be fair, Moose has 52 fights, many against very established strikers, and has more than held his own. he did get fckd up by hall in the first fight and very slighlty got outstruck by machida but to say he would get dominated on the feet or even outclassed at all by Whittaker is ridiculous. would you agree?
I would actually

I think he’d be very competitive with Whittaker on the feet but I’d pick Whittaker to edge him out

But, the basic point is people on here tend to think Gegard is a god and the facts are he is an excellent top 5ish performer

He could win a title matchup dependant and he could lose a lot of fights matchup dependant.

The issue is people think he can beat anyone in a striking match because he has good boxing. And it’s not accurate just based on reality

Saying Whittaker only outstrikes grapplers given Gegard’s own struggles fighting with real strikers is silly

Yb
Huh, the famous eye test. Cuz Anderson Silva carried a ton of muscle and Josh Barnett was absolutely shredded, right...?

Read the article I posted, you nitwit. If anything, 7-keto-DHEA causes FALSE POSITIVES.

Hell, look at lyoto's behavior when he tested positive. Immediately owned up to taking the substance, not realizing it was banned (was banned very recently at the time), and issued a public apology. That's not the behavior of a career long roided trying to get away with it (looking at you, Jones).
Yeah an eye test works.

Maybe not Silvas body, but when youre that much stronger and faster than everyone you fight

Derrrp

Just like lance. He didnt look like a body builder but cmon... 7 years in a row and nobody can touch you?

Once again use your fuckin brain

Not a "try". I posted factual evidence and links, you're attempting the eye test. And, while the eye test is notoriously inaccurate (Barnett, rothwell), you screw it up even further by taking action shots in mid fight, weight cut shots, and professional photos, and comparing them with machida chilling on the cage pre-fight.

So, uh, "nice try bud".

Dude is shredded as fuck until USADA comes in, gets caught, looks visibly different when he returns and can barely string together a win unless he's fighting another old roided cheat

Back