Fired up Gustafsson: Jones' head will hit the floor in the 4th round.

Imagine jones as a champion: when he's not getting busted for dui's and crashing into pregnant women, he's getting suspended for ped violations.
He was kicking ass since Shogun

Can't stand Gus but I will be rooting for him like never before when he steps in the cage with Jones.

He was kicking ass since Shogun

Pre-usada. Coincidence? Probably not.

That was also the era of lhw where most the top guys were on the decline, and these days would be better suited for mw. Look at how quickly shogun, rampage, evans, et al went off a cliff.

Imagine jones as a champion: when he's not getting busted for dui's and crashing into pregnant women, he's getting suspended for ped violations.
Well if jones isnt fighting it is because these outside stuffs that he doesnt controll; gus is faking injuries all the time; ducked anthony smith, has pulled out of a dozzen fights etc.

Pre-usada. Coincidence? Probably not.

That was also the era of lhw where most the top guys were on the decline, and these days would be better suited for mw. Look at how quickly shogun, rampage, evans, et al went off a cliff.

Well preUsada has the been the bulk of his career, hes had 3 fights under usada.

Rampage Lyoto Rashada and Shogun were all LHW champs so this nonsense they were MW is just bullshit.

Shogun was champ, guys like Rashad Lyoto and Gus had 1 career loss. All these guys were in their prime.

Fighting Jones is clearly horrible for fighters careers

You forgot about a few things; jones isnt some over the hill stationary slugger that only uses boxing. And most importantly, jones is not as good of a sport as glover, jones will return any eyepokes gus has in his 'gameplan'.

Funny thing is Jones was the only one who used eyepokes in their first fight, maybe that was Gus's mistake he didnt. It was so close fight it could have made the difference in Gus's favor.

Jez people, imagine gus as champion? He fights like once every 18 months or so when he id 'working' his way up; imagine as champ...i dont think he would defend at all; would just hold the belt hostage worse than bisping and probably try to pick some fake fight with some boxing guy

Jez, imagine Jones as a champion. He would fight even more rarely than Gus and for less acceptable reasons than injuries (suspended for roiding).

He may lose again. But you have to give credit to Gus. He took Jones and Cormier to the deepest corner of hell.

Yeah, ok Gus. His body language tells me that he doesn't even believe what he's saying.
I'll be rooting for him because Jones is a piece of shit, but ... Hopefully being ped free for the first time in his career will give Gus a big edge.

Manuwa was born in Sacramento.

I wasn't even thinking about Manuwa.

The most relevant thing when talking about what kind of fighters you lose to is training. And the polarity here is between American versus North European, IF there is any at all, but I was just amending the joke, see.

Gus did very well against Jon Jones....so his joke was kinda dumb anyway.

You forgot about a few things; jones isnt some over the hill stationary slugger that only uses boxing. And most importantly, jones is not as good of a sport as glover, jones will return any eyepokes gus has in his 'gameplan'.

Jez people, imagine gus as champion? He fights like once every 18 months or so when he id 'working' his way up; imagine as champ...i dont think he would defend at all; would just hold the belt hostage worse than bisping and probably try to pick some fake fight with some boxing guy

I am alright with that.. Just would be neat to see Gus beat Jones on the cards. What does Gus do after that? Not sure. He could retire and I'd be like "okay, have a good one".

0-4 against black fighters

Soon to be 0-5
Maybe he is fighting for social justice, and lets them win.

No seriously, he probably beat Jones in that first fight, and hopefully will do it again. Jones had no way of getting him to the ground..

Imagine Alex as a champ... One fight every second year.
None of these guys would be good champions.
205 is one if not the weakest division in the UFC.

Gus is a hard match up for Jones and Jones hasn't fought in forever.

I see a loss for Jones here

Gus on his best night fought Jones on his worst.....and he still lost.

He ain't going to win this time around.

Feels pretty damn good to see Gus this hungry and motivated. Anyone who thinks this is going to be even close to an easy fight for Jones is about to get suprised (again).

Is he actually going to fight????

Awesome...Jones fought more recently than he did. And Jones dominated and stopped a guy who beat Gus...twice.

Yeah...Gus doesn't scare anyone with his lame barking

Back