Fights That Surprisingly Never Happened?

Deep down I'm still pretty upset Wanderlei vs. Yvel didn't quite happen. Technically they did but it ended from early groin kick. Both guys were prime and would've been absolute insanity.

Frank vs Ken Shamrock (Fuck It)
Royce vs Rickson (Fuck It)
Frank Shamrock Ortiz 2
Frye Coleman 3
Ken Frye 2
Frank Sakuraba
Wanderlei Jackson 4
Fedor Cain
Fedor Barnett
Nog Mir 3
Mir Sylvia 2
Liddell Aroma
Liddell Hendo

Any matchup from these 3:
Sakuraba
Rixon
Frank Shamrock

The biggest fight never to happen was Rickson vs. Saku.

It had all the buildup one could hope for. An unknown catch-wrestler from Tokyo subs Marcos "Conan" Silvera in the first-ever UFC Japan event. A rivalry with BJJ is born.

He later faces (and completely dominates) Royler Gracie in Pride FC. Royce steps in to avenge the loss, only to be outclassed at nearly every turn by Saku in their epic, 90-minute clash. Finally, Renzo seeks to save the family name, giving a truly great effort until he, too, falls to Saku's ground game.

The stage was then set for the final showdown between the best Gracie of them all vs. the upstart Japanese fighter. That would have been a championship-level bout for the ages, but sadly, it was never to be.

As MMA fans, we all lost out.

I can't throw enough likes out for this. There was a long time where hardcore MMA fans were waiting to see the Gracie Hunter vs. Rickson only to never see it come to fruition. I still to this day think Saku wins that fight too. I'm surprised the Gracies didn't go mafia on Saku. They always wanted to be the best, but Saku was having none of it.

Gustafsson vs Lil Nog. Fuck it,it got booked 3 times and never happened lol.

Cruz vs Barao

Aldo vs Pettis

Cain vs the HW division

Silva vs Weidman ending in a non controversial way

Frank vs Ken Shamrock (Fuck It)
Royce vs Rickson (Fuck It)
Frank Shamrock Ortiz 2
Frye Coleman 3
Ken Frye 2
Frank Sakuraba
Wanderlei Jackson 4
Fedor Cain
Fedor Barnett
Nog Mir 3
Mir Sylvia 2
Liddell Aroma
Liddell Hendo
You have no soul

Like I said earlier cutting is part of the game. Everyone does it. If that needs to be addressed so be it but this is the accepted risk of the organization aand all the fighters. They all share one failure. Not just Khabib. It is shortsighted and ignorant to blame Khabib. He is just a cog doing his job.

im not sure that agreeing to fight and then not fighting for reasons solely in his control is part of him doing his job, but ok.

Vitor / Shogun for me.
Would have loved to see these two animals go at it in Pride!
Big time Brazillian bragging rights on the line pre / Anderson.

im not sure that agreeing to fight and then not fighting for reasons solely in his control is part of him doing his job, but ok.
I think where we disagree is the solely in his control.

Gonzaga - Mir
Gonzaga - Kongo
CroCop - Arlovski
JDS - Brock
Chael - Vitor

Back