Fights That Surprisingly Never Happened?

Maybe he was in the range that worked for him countless times until his organ failed him.
His organs failed him because he put himself in a bad position. Just because it worked every other time but not this one doesn't get him off the hook. He pushed it as far as he could for an advantage and failed. "His organ failed him," is an excuse that puts zero of the blame on Khabib. "Oh well, my organs failed. What are you gonna do?" Keep your ass from getting too big in between fights.

His organs failed him because he put himself in a bad position. Just because it worked every other time but not this one doesn't get him off the hook. He pushed it as far as he could for an advantage and failed. "His organ failed him," is an excuse that puts zero of the blame on Khabib. "Oh well, my organs failed. What are you gonna do?" Keep your ass from getting too big in between fights.
His organ never failed him before, if he were to try to cut from the same weight then yes it would be on him for not learning but the sports nature is weight cutting and while he participates in perpetuating the concept, simply putting the blame squarely on him is shortsighted. His cut might have been too big for him that day but not any other day before that. How is a person to know when there threshold moves?

Bisping franklin would have been meaningful at one point.

Paul Daley v Robbie lawler needed to happen

Ben askren v jake shields would have proved something

Conor v Edgar at 150 in Atlantic city should have and still needs to happen for legacy sake if Conor wants to claim p4p supremacy

Tim Kennedy v Brian Stann needed to happen

arona vs ufc roster.

i was really hoping that arona would end up in the ufc and square off against the chucks and the titos.

similarly, i wanted fedor in ufc to square off against the elite hws of the time. randy, prime tim, prime AA.
Love that one. Arona had some of the best and craziest (head down---> berserker into the ropes--->takedown) wrestling in MMA back in those days, imagine what he could've done with a cage to pin someone up against, elbows to vary his GnP, and a 10 point must system to reward it.

Fedor vs Barnett

Fedor vs Couture

Shogun vs Wanderlei

Lidell vs Hendo

Hughes vs Sakuraba
I think Liddell and Hendo fought in the same tournament once while in Brazil but it just didn't happen. Definitely a great what if type of fight.

Vitor vs Lawler at 185. Right around 2008-2009 would've been perfect.
Vitor vs Hector Lombard at any point.
Hendo vs Randleman: Both PRIDE staples with big wrestling and big power in the hands.
Arona vs Randleman: battle of the seriously explosive double legs. Arona had some of the hardest leg kicks ever and Kevin had dynamite in his hands.
Couture vs Monson: Came up in the domestic wrestling circuit at the same time, both added a lot of submission grappling later on.
Forrest vs Chuck: Teacher vs student. Almost happened, Rashad ruined it.
Leben vs Mayhem Miller: Battle of the erratic crazy guys who are both highly skilled.

Sakara vs Rivera
Shogun vs Evans
RDA Vs Conor
Condit vs Brown
Pettis vs Aldo
I coulve sworn Sakara vs Rivera happened but sure enough I was wrong. That is just the type of fight I had in mind. Also,
McFrederies vs Houston Alexander is another one.l

His organ never failed him before, if he were to try to cut from the same weight then yes it would be on him for not learning but the sports nature is weight cutting and while he participates in perpetuating the concept, simply putting the blame squarely on him is shortsighted. His cut might have been too big for him that day but not any other day before that. How is a person to know when there threshold moves?
He, and his team fucked up, that's the bottom line. Stop giving him a free pass because his "organ failed him." They miscalculated and it's 100% their fault. It's a risk you take when you want the advantage of being as big as possible.

Shogun vs Rampage 2
Rampage vs Tito
Shogun vs Tito
Liddell vs Hendo
Lesnar vs Fedor
Aldo vs McG 2
Forest Griffin vs Machida

The biggest fight never to happen was Rickson vs. Saku.

It had all the buildup one could hope for. An unknown catch-wrestler from Tokyo subs Marcos "Conan" Silvera in the first-ever UFC Japan event. A rivalry with BJJ is born.

He later faces (and completely dominates) Royler Gracie in Pride FC. Royce steps in to avenge the loss, only to be outclassed at nearly every turn by Saku in their epic, 90-minute clash. Finally, Renzo seeks to save the family name, giving a truly great effort until he, too, falls to Saku's ground game.

The stage was then set for the final showdown between the best Gracie of them all vs. the upstart Japanese fighter. That would have been a championship-level bout for the ages, but sadly, it was never to be.

As MMA fans, we all lost out.

Forrest and chuck

Liddell and Hendo

Liddell and Hendo would of been nuts

Back