Fighters who you like that aren't/weren't very good

masakazu-imanari.jpg

ikuhisa-minowa.jpg

genkiFTW.jpg

These 3 were so entertaining to watch but weren't real high caliber fighters.

^^^ This ^^^

They were / are entertaining to watch.

I can't bring myself to say that Minowaman isn't very good, but since he's already been brought up, I will give him props.
I always loved watching Daijiro Matsui, even though he wasn't that great.

Big fan of
- Minowa: Always entertaining, trying to put a show on, but let's face it, despite some good achievements, he really isn't a top fighter nor has ever been.
- Phil Baroni: charisma, personality of a diva but in a likeable way. Together with minowa, he would do a good comic character.
- Overeem: hard to place him here after the career he has by now. But have been following him since his early PRIDE days, and back then he was considered a technically gifted kill or be killed fighter. He would lose more than win, but would always be entertaining. Meanwhile his career and achievements would put him on the top HWs ever

Mike perry, Ben Saunders,cheick Kongo. I know I got all kinds just can’t think of any

Jorge masvidal he's actually my friend in real life I've even told him he kina sucks lol

Matt Mitrione fights are always very exciting.

Only 3 decisions in 18 fights.

The Dirty Bird is another guy I always look forward to watching.

The Barbarian. Not champ material in the slightest, but what he did to Okami basically got me into regularly watching MMA lol

Last edited:
BTW people in here saying Overeem, Masvidal, etc are mad. Those dudes are top talents amd shouldn't be mentioned in a thread like this.

People have crazy opinions about what "not very good" means. For sherdoggets, being in the top 10-100 of 7 billion humans is "not very good"

Ross Pearson Mike Perry off the top of my head...
Ross for me too.... MAN i always felt like he if he had an awesome chin he could be a top lightweight. Sick movement and boxing great ttd good defensive wrestling. Just gets clipped by these clowns!!

Depends on what you mean by "not very good". Surely they need to have some redeeming qualities to be in a thread like this.

Hunt & Bisping for me.

Back