Fighters who you like that aren't/weren't very good

Nick Diaz. Ya, I went there. Seriously though, one of my old school favorites. But, was he ever that good? I'd say slightly above average.

Bryan Barerena.

I don't think he's bad, he's actually good. But I don't think he'll get into the top 5.

I knew I loved Bryan when I saw him fight Alves. The discrepancy between the two was comical. Warlley looked athletic, energetic and ready. Bryan looked tired. Slouched, just completely deflated. His punches were labored and lazy.

The funny thing is that Warlley couldn't put him away, and began to fade very quickly. By the third round he looked just as exhausted as Bryan, almost like he'd been infected with whatever had made Bryan look so bad. My friends and I were laughing hysterically and Bryan actually won.

Love it.

John Makdessi. He beat a lot of average fighters, but never come close to beating anybody relevant. He is fun to watch though.

ross pearson, i feel like he should be so much better than he is.

crisp, technical boxing, great head movement, when he's " on " he can hang with some of the better LW strikers, but shits the bed in every other fight.

i like almost every single person mentioned in this thread. you guys come through sometimes

Minowaman was not a high caliber fighter? Gtfo!!!

Also
Jardine
Cody Mckensie (was rooting for him to win so bad haha)
Artem is just so good at rustling everyones jimmies.
Minowa is one of my favorite fighters of all time but he's not high caliber on a world scale. Don't get smashing big, dumb, Gaijin confused with being high caliber. His submission game was the shit and he had the biggest balls in MMA but he was never even slightly close to a belt.

20151209053453_5D3_4489.JPG

lightweight-cody-pfister-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-on-picture-id463201724

The correct answer is Pat Barry.

Someone is going to get ktfo. It's probably Pat, but it's going to happen.

I will forever love the Ashikan Judan (10th Dan of leglocks) Masakazu Imanari (notable win over over young Mike brown by tearing his kneecap). Had some championships in his day in lower promotions but we all know he would not be able to succeed at the highest levels

Great pick

Kendall Grove
Mike Swick
Kampmann
Oleinik
Gonzaga
i mean all of those guys were top 10 at some point, oleinik is top 10 right now isn't he? dude is good.

i see where you're coming from though, most of em fell off pretty hard.

Back