Fighters who you like that aren't/weren't very good

Daron Cruickshank was the first to come to mind. Then Bruce Leroy.

Daron cruickshank
I thought the guy would become champion in his division with his kicking abilities.

Daron+Cruickshank+Body+Kicks+Henry+Martinez+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Daron+Cruickshank+Head+Kicks+Henry+Martinez+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

CruickshankiVa9J3dZPMcrP.gif

Thought the same of Uriah hall

Yves Edwards, Tarec Saffiedine, Siyar Bahadurzada, Makwan, Abdul Razak Alhassan, Oleynik, Neil Magney, Chiesa, Ishihara, Gerald Harris, Ricci, Jason High (last three because Dana screwed them)

masakazu-imanari.jpg

ikuhisa-minowa.jpg

genkiFTW.jpg

These 3 were so entertaining to watch but weren't real high caliber fighters.

Yves Edwards, Tarec Saffiedine, Siyar Bahadurzada, Makwan, Abdul Razak Alhassan, Oleynik, Neil Magney, Chiesa, Ishihara, Gerald Harris, Ricci, Jason High (last three because Dana screwed them)
all of those dudes are/were pretty good

Amir Sadollah. Dude couldn’t wrestle worth jack. Dude had some fun scraps. Also played target practice against Phil Baroni.

Leben was always one of my favorites but he spent some time in the top 10 at MW so I'm not sure he belongs here. Despite what many Sherdoggers think, if you're legit top 10-15 in your weight class you're pretty damn good.

Andy Ogle fits the bill here for me. I always rooted for him. Alas his passion for the sport was very much ahead of his talent, unfortunately.

Punk Minowa is a great name.

He had some pretty solid wins, but The Dean of Mean was a guy that overachieved and got pretty damn close to a title shot that I think he had a good shot at.

I remember being so pissed that they gave the title shot to Forrest when Keith had already knocked him out. Forrest was coming off of a good win against Shogun, but Shogun had just come off of a long rehab from an ACL tear and it was his 1st UFC fight. He won the 1st, but was gassed as fuck and got choked out.

Jardine was coming off a win over Chuck and I knew he wasn't good enough to keep winning against the top guys (got murked earlier against Houston Alexander). It was his best chance. The next fight, Wand murked him. Forrest got the shot and beat Page, a guy who never checked leg kicks, which was what Jardine was known for (although it's why Wand murked him).

He then beat Brandon Vera, then lost a close fight to former champ Page due to a late knockdown... Then it went completely off the rails.

Last edited:
Matt brown. Hes an above average fighter

If you don't think Yves Edwards was good save me the trouble and just slap yourself

Back