Fighters who seemed genuinely scared before a fight

rich franklins eyes popping out in fear against silva, and overeem literally turning around and running from stipe, johnny hendricks looked a little freaked out by that costa guy

can think of a fighter that should have been more scared than he was

melvin-guillard_rick-davis.gif

Surprised no one's brought up Chris Cariaso before he fought DJ. He looked like he was walking the green mile during his walkout. I used to work with a guy who trained with him, and a few days before the fight when I was taking a break in the kitchen he walked up to me and flat out said "Chris is gonna get killed, man. Even he knows it" haha.

GSP was a wreck before every fight. He never showed it when coming out of the tunnel though.

It's well documented.

GSP was a wreck before every fight. He never showed it when coming out of the tunnel though.

It's well documented.
He's admitted as much many times. But he always calms down right before the fight. Which is what matters.

Anderson Silva during his walkin of the second Chris Wideman fight.

I guess Vitor was scared to come out of the locker room for his first fight with Randy, according to Randy's book.

Charlie Brennaman vs Rumble. I remember feeling bad for him. You just KNEW he was going to get ktfo. And boom, sure enough, head kick ko.

He pretty much confirmed it after too. "“I was underneath him and I remember for the first time in my fighting life, thinking, ‘Ouch,’” Brenneman told UFC.com’s Thomas Gerbasi. “He was coming from a weird angle, but punching me. And I just remember feeling the impact and thinking, ‘This is not a normal fight with a normal guy.’

All this and only 2 pic/gifs - sad.

Lawler was shook as fuck at the weigh ins against Rory in the second fight. His knees were knocking and his lips quivering.

It's imprinted on many fans memories for life. Rory inflicted emotional trauma on Lawler and Robbie hasn't looked the same since.
He did indeed but I saw no knees a knocking...

Lawler is relentless WLD.

Very true. But in all his fights prior and after, no problem with the staredown it seemed. But he was doing everything to look elsewhere, I thought he was gonna pretend to look at his pager.

He showed Hughes too much respect. But, he’s Canadian, eh.

Back