Fighters who seemed genuinely scared before a fight

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Win or lose, who looked utterly terrified before a fight- in the run up and the walk in?

The biggest one I can remember is Bubba McDaniel against Uriah Hall. Bubba damn near had a nervous breakdown before that fight, and in the stair down did some truly beta faux-cowering shit he was so scared. Only other fight I can think of as bad was Franklin Silva 2. Rich Franklin wanted no part of that rematch.

Cowboy when he saw the Goriila (Darren Till) Marching around the octagon across from him

Bader vs Rumble

Bader had a "what the fuck am I even doing here" moment when he saw that monster standing across the Octagon from him

Mousasi before all his fights.
Lol what? Gegard looks more relaxed before a fight than anyone I've ever seen.....I think you're mistaking calmness for nervousness

GSP before the first Hughes fight. Couldn't even look him in the eye.

mm vs dillishaw

there is a reason he his still running and ducking

Bader vs Rumble

Bader had a "what the fuck am I even doing here" moment when he saw that monster standing across the Octagon from him

Lol what? Gegard looks more relaxed before a fight than anyone I've ever seen.....I think you're mistaking calmness for nervousness
It was a joke. He looks like he's standing in line at the DMV :p

Ruan Potts in every UFC fight he had, he was scared to death and didn't have a clue what was going on haha. Every fight he looked like a dear in the headlights and was complete garbage. Sherdoggers would put him in a coma

This is why a sarcasm font is needed on all forms of social media and forums :p

We do have a choice of fonts (under the A in the menu) which includes Courier, and I've seen that used in a few places for sarcastic comments.

Maybe we should give it a shot?

Carla Esparza always looks noticeably scared and dejected before and during a fight.

Brock seemed to be rather shook by Overeem pre fight

To be fair GSP always gets super anxious before his fights
Very true. But in all his fights prior and after, no problem with the staredown it seemed. But he was doing everything to look elsewhere, I thought he was gonna pretend to look at his pager.

Aldo walking out before he fought McGregor.

I think koschack looked spooked by gap and the Canadian crowd, also fought stupid just swingig at air.

I think sonen was scared of Jones and with good reason lol.

It wasn' before the fight but Connor was so lol scared at the presser after Diaz 1 haha

Tito fighting Chuck should've been the first answer

Back