Fighters who have knocked out someone 5 inches or more taller than them?

I noticed Diego Sanchez, I think this was the time around he fought BJ Penn and that was the Penn that trained with that crazy old guy who got his conditioning to a new level.

Marv Marinovich is no joke. He's such a conditioning maniac he tied his own son to his car and made him run behind it as he drove. No wonder BJ quit him after just one fight.

Vovchanchyn 5'8" vs 6'8" Varelans

i18487_IgorVovchanchynvsPaulVarelansIFC1.gif

Motivated Penn was something special, man. I still think to this day, no one at LW beats a prime MOTIVATED Penn.

I agree, he comes from an era in MMA where you really must love fighting because there was no real glory/money and fame to be had. Also, he was unique in a sense that, he came off from a family with money and he used the resources to get a full time training without the stress of jobs and making a living.

Speaking of talent, I have always wondered how good Karo could have been if he focused on getting shredded and getting a decent striking ability and moving down to lightweight as well.

Marv Marinovich is no joke. He's such a conditioning maniac he tied his own son to his car and made him run behind it as he drove. No wonder BJ quit him after just one fight.

I didn't hear this but I believe you. What I heard was, Marv would feed him a special diet that was 100 percent sugar free. I am not sure what the special diet was exactly, but one incident was, his kid went to a birthday party and Marv made him a cake that was sweetened with either honey or maybe it was a low carb cake and he wasn't allowed to consume regular cake at any kids party.

Also, he was only fed grass-fed meats and no soda or any type of beverages and forget about fast food. This was before the vegan/paleo/health crave.

Cro Cop knocked out Hong-Man Choi who might be the tallest fighter ever - unfortunately it was with leg kicks :p

Gilbert Yvel (6'2") vs Semmy Schilt (6'11")
11913504646.gif

Mirko Crocop, Carlos Toyota, Mighty Mo vs Choi Hong Man (7'2")
voa6g0.jpg

6cv61sc.gif

KID Yamamoto (5'4") vs Genki Sudo (5'9")
XU83G8.gif

Pat Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk
Pat Barry vs. Christian Morecraft
Pat Barry vs. Shane del Rosario

Fujita (6'0"),Butterbean (5'11") vs James Thompson (6'5")

James Thompson (6'5") vs Giant Silva (7'2")

Can anyone else be on the giving and receiving end of the KOs in this list?

Edit: Overeem 6'5" vs Struve 6'11" and Arona 5'11"

Edit 2: Gary Goodridge 6'3" vs Igor 5'8" and Jan Nortje 6'11"

Back