Fighters who have knocked out someone 5 inches or more taller than them?

Gilbert Yvel (6'2") vs Semmy Schilt (6'11")
11913504646.gif

"

This Semmy gif illustrates how important gloves are in fights. Look at Sem lifting his hands, with a life full of experience with the big gloves, but the shots just get thru. Sem would have fucked the life of Gilbert with the gloves, much like I think Conor would with a gloveless Floyd.

Igor KO'd plenty much bigger than him.

Just took a look at Freddy "Nightmare" Floyd's fight history.
<36>

He's got a win over WCW jobber Jerry Flynn with Cecil Peoples as ref. Loss to Kimo. A submission victory via smother and the submission via strikes and exhaustion vs. Igor.

I fuckin miss those days. Watching Peoples give the instructions in that Flynn fight, "Everything goes. Watch the eyes, watch the BITING."

This Semmy gif illustrates how important gloves are in fights. Look at Sem lifting his hands, with a life full of experience with the big gloves, but the shots just get thru. Sem would have fucked the life of Gilbert with the gloves, much like I think Conor would with a gloveless Floyd.

Shoulder roll doesn't rely on big gloves.

Anyone who fought Struve.

Except the current HW champ and GOAT of course.

Anytime Struve, Schilt, HMC, Giant Silva, Will Chope, that 6'1 BW guy, have been KO'd, its probably gonna be by someone with a huge height disadvantage.

Serra. GSP. Serra says he's 5'6" but he's more like 5'4" or 5'5"

image003.jpg

Semmy had a long career in MMA (old school pancrase) fighting without gloves and without closed fist strikes before he ever fought as a professional kickboxer.

The fight with Yvel was dumb because it was Pancrase vs RINGS and Semmy chose to fight without gloves as he was used to (meaning he couldn't throw punches), meanwhile Yvel opted for gloves and therefore was allowed to punch.

Semmy was voluntarily handicapped because he was unable to punch.

Fair point about the benefits of gloves but this anomalous fight is hardly a good comparison for Conor vs Floyd lol.

Hunt 5'10":
- Lewis 6'3"
- Mir 6'3"
- Silva 6'4"
- Struve 7'0"
- Kongo 6'4"

Fedor 5'11":
- Rogers 6'5"
- Arlovski 6'4"
- Zulu 6'7"
- Herring 6'4" (TKO DS)

DC 5'11":