Ferguson is the rightful UFC LW champ. It´s really f*cked up that they stripped him of his belt!!

The division's really in a mess right now caused by Conor fleeing with the belt and injuries to Tony and Khabib. Hopefully they can get in there and face each other ASAP.
The part that sucks for Tony is he will apparently make a lot less in his next fight since he's not a champion.

No one is the "real champion" until some combination of Conor/Khabib/Tony fight each other.
Wrong. The LW lineage ended in shame when Conor refused to fight either Khabib or Tony. And getting stripped of the title. Khabib started a new lineage since Tony couldnt fight. He and Ferguson being the consensus next in line.

Tony is the rightful paper champ, Khabib is whatever sits below paper champ.

Wrong. The LW lineage ended in shame when Conor refused to fight either Khabib or Tony. And getting stripped of the title. Khabib started a new lineage since Tony couldnt fight. He and Ferguson being the consensus next in line.
I don't care about the lineage

The undisputed title can't become 'vacant' when there's an interim champion, the interim champion automatically should be promoted if the champion drops the belt.

The interim champ was scheduled to fight to unify and make the real belt, he dropped out due to injury. He can't be upgraded to champ for getting injured.....

Well it looks like we're going to maybe possibly get the current paper champ vs the lineal champ, so the winner of that will carry a belt with more validity than it's had in over a year.

But Ferguson should definitely get a crack at whoever is champ when he's healthy enough to fight. And after that, the LW belt will be as legit as can be.

Maybe he wouldn't have been a moron wearing sunglasses indoors we haven't dealing with this shit, it's your fault you got injured and since they where crowning a new undisputed champ there was no reason to keep a interim champ, I like Ferguson and I know this is sucks but that happen when you don't take care of yourself and gets injured.

I still think he will get a LW title shot upon his return

Conor > Tony > Khabib

Conor's the real LW champ. (Nobodies beaten him)

Tony's more of a legitimate champ than Khabib. (He actually beat a top contender for the interim belt)

Khabib is a paper champ. (Couldn't even finish a #11 ranked fighter on 1 days notice)

Conor > Tony > Khabib

Conor's the real LW champ. (Nobodies beaten him)

Tony's more of a legitimate champ than Khabib. (He actually beat a top contender for the interim belt)

Khabib is a paper champ. (Couldn't even finish a #11 ranked fighter on 1 days notice)

PueCwmK.jpg

It was absolutely obvious that anyone pulling out of that fight was going to get shafted. You really expected the UFC to reward Tony for injuring himself by promoting him to undisputed champ?
UFC promoted Jose Aldo to champion just because Daniel Cormier got injured at 206. So anything's possible.

I´d like to start this thread by saying that right now Tony Ferguson is the most entertaining fighter on the roster imo. His fights are always entertaining! Always!
I don´t even need to talk about his spectacular winning streak at LW right now everybody knows. So stripping Tony is probably one of the most fucked up things I´ve seen the ufc do to a fighter. Specially after a freak accident.
I 100% support Tony Ferguson as the legitimate UFC LW champion!
War Tony!
source.gif

Meh. Quit whining. He was interim champ. The whole fucking point of having an interim champ is to have fights while you are figuring out what to do with the champ. The only thing more pointless than a champ not fighting is an interim champ not fighting.

It will probably be 6 months after the surgery before he can start a proper camp. Which will put him at 15-16 months between fights at a minimum. And there is no doubt that when he comes back he is going to be fighting for a title. So he will be no worse off at all.

The only thing getting stripped means is that Tony Snapcracklepoperson will not be sitting on a dormant meaningless title while he recovers. Which should bother absolutely no one.

Last edited:
I´d like to start this thread by saying that right now Tony Ferguson is the most entertaining fighter on the roster imo. His fights are always entertaining! Always!
I don´t even need to talk about his spectacular winning streak at LW right now everybody knows. So stripping Tony is probably one of the most fucked up things I´ve seen the ufc do to a fighter. Specially after a freak accident.
I 100% support Tony Ferguson as the legitimate UFC LW champion!
War Tony!
source.gif

Yeah the fella has been fcked over. Whether people like him or not he is without doubt one of the most exciting fighters in the division, possibly because defensively he isn't the best, and he can take a lot of punishment. Tony vs Khabib should be the next fight. Would love to see him fight connor, I think hes too durable (like nate) and all wrong for him. Id put money on him smashing him. Unfortunately I don't see him beating Khabib though

Yeah in reality Conor should have been stripped, Tony promoted, Khabib and Al should have fought for the new interim title. What a absolute mess though.

We need some combination of Conor/Tony/Khabib to clarify.

Desperately want to see these fights but we'll be lucky to see McGregor fight either of these fellas imo

Khabib beats tony, Tony Beats connor, Khabib vs Connor all depends on Connors TDD and whether he can KO Khbib in 2 rounds. After that he's fcked

Ferguson is a great fighter, but if you want to hold a belt, you have to be ready to defend it when time comes, accidents or not.

dont act stupid kicking at poles and none if this will happen again

UFC promoted Jose Aldo to champion just because Daniel Cormier got injured at 206. So anything's possible.

Yeah, because it wasn't Aldo that pulled out two weeks before the fight. Promoting Ferguson as the undisputed champ would be basically rewarding him for getting injured the week of the fight and making the UFC miserable.

Back