Ferguson is the rightful UFC LW champ. It´s really f*cked up that they stripped him of his belt!!

Conor was the champion but he got stripped. Neither Ferguson or khabib beat a champion. Eddie alveraz has a better claim at the crown than those two, because at least he beat a champion.

EPIC crab balls fail

0 /10

d2ad07be5a5c1cb46f5e622b1a03732e.gif

Last edited:
It’s a shame, but I get it. They needed the title fight to sell the card, and there was no way they were gonna promote an interim champ to undisputed champ when they just pulled out of a fight.

Conor was the champion but he got stripped. Neither Ferguson or khabib beat a champion. Eddie alveraz has a better claim at the crown than those two, because at least he beat a champion.
Eddie-My-Road-2-TS-Was-Full-Of-Split-Decisions-Alvarez...

How injured is he? If out for many months I can imagine he didn't get the strap. It's also weird to strip Conor, have Khabib and Tony fight for it, see Tony pull out and then hand Tony the belt while Khabib fights for the interim.... That is still owned by Tony.

It's a clusterfuck created by the bald goof and McGregor, admitting that Tony got shafted but so did Khabib to a lesser extent. When tony is back, him vs Khabib an back of the line for McManlet.

I agree. They should think twice before pulling those interim titles out of their ass.

I´d like to start this thread by saying that right now Tony Ferguson is the most entertaining fighter on the roster imo. His fights are always entertaining! Always!
I don´t even need to talk about his spectacular winning streak at LW right now everybody knows. So stripping Tony is probably one of the most fucked up things I´ve seen the ufc do to a fighter. Specially after a freak accident.
I 100% support Tony Ferguson as the legitimate UFC LW champion!
War Tony!
source.gif

They didn't strip him of the real belt tho. So technically, he still wouldn't be champ anyway. So it didn't really matter.

They should just have left Tony the interim champ, while Khabib fought for the main title since he showed up to an undisputed title fight that Tony pulled out of!

How is that Khabib's fault that Tony pulled out? How can Tony get promoted to full status when he didn't show up? That would be assbackwards.

I'd rather he stay interim, then the two unify down the road.

Yeah in reality Conor should have been stripped, Tony promoted, Khabib and Al should have fought for the new interim title. What a absolute mess though.

We need some combination of Conor/Tony/Khabib to clarify.

That's just ridiculous.

The undisputed title can't become 'vacant' when there's an interim champion, the interim champion automatically should be promoted if the champion drops the belt.

There was an undisputed championship fight. Both champ and interim champ either wouldn't or couldn't participate. So they both got stripped at the same time. Pretty simple

I´d like to start this thread by saying that right now Tony Ferguson is the most entertaining fighter on the roster imo. His fights are always entertaining! Always!
I don´t even need to talk about his spectacular winning streak at LW right now everybody knows. So stripping Tony is probably one of the most fucked up things I´ve seen the ufc do to a fighter. Specially after a freak accident.
I 100% support Tony Ferguson as the legitimate UFC LW champion!
War Tony!
source.gif
Take off those damn sun glasses brah

It was absolutely obvious that anyone pulling out of that fight was going to get shafted. You really expected the UFC to reward Tony for injuring himself by promoting him to undisputed champ?

yeah he got fucked over real bad.

he shoulda had a title shot like 2 years ago but they made him fight more people hoping he would lose. he shouldnt have even had to fight lee for an interim but they kept throwing obstacles in front of him.

then he has the belt and the second he gets hurt hes stripped lol....where as conor got to waltz around for 2 years. i can see them wanting 223 to have a title fight so they had khabib fight for a vacant belt but if thats the case he needs to be given a title shot upon return, no bullshit contender fight. hes won TEN in a row.

No one is the "real champion" until some combination of Conor/Khabib/Tony fight each other.

You can say that there really is no LW champ.

Not sure even Tony deserved the interim, he fought Kevin Lee when Kevin was ranked what? LW is prime example of how WME has screwed things up so bad last couple of years. Conor should have been stripped when he was inactive for a 1 year, so in December of 2017, whoever was ranked 1 and 2 should have fought for the undisputed title.

WME and Dana White is running UFC

Back