Feminist Friend has a closet full of Barbie gifts, does not give to daughter for "reasons"

Lanx

房仕龍
Banned
Reaction score
Thanksgiving i see my wife's friend and family, obviously we're close enough we'll travel to see em, I'm a godfather for christs sake.

Anyway she's in the govt lives outside of DC was totally all Hillary, blah blah and told(showed) a closet full of Barbie, girlie gifts that she has from friends and she's not gonna give to her daughter.

She won't throw em away, but she's also not going to give her daughter anything "pink" or whatever, of course we knew she wanted to "stay away" from "girlie" things, so our gifts have been more neutral, but you know, ppl just buy shit, and she throws it in the feminazi closet, basically.

I mean the kid has long curly hair, wears dresses and shit, she just doesn't give her pink shit or dolls to play with.

Thoughts?

She's an idiot.

That young girl is a prime candidate for, by the age of 10, "discovering" that she's a lesbian

Presumably she will not donate them to a toy drive because then other girls would end up playing with them, in fact then spreading the "pink" influence even further than to just her own daughter.
And what, she can't throw then away because their plastic and that's not environmentally sound?

Quite the predicament she's made for herself.

Truth is that Hubby plays with them when home alone.

Not sure why you care what kind of toys your friend gives her daughter. The little girl sounds perfectly normal, by your own description.

She's an idiot.

Based on what?

That young girl is a prime candidate for, by the age of 10, "discovering" that she's a lesbian

You have to play with Barbie dolls to not be a lesbian?

Not sure why you care what kind of toys your friend gives her daughter. The little girl sounds perfectly normal, by your own description.

Lesbo or up for the butt stuff could go either way.

No, of course not. I'm making a crack at a certain kind of parent, not the kids. Girls who play with G.I. Joes tend to love the D just as much as the ones who played with Barbie dolls. And frankly, if they go another way in later life, who gives a rat's arse other than @ripskater ?

One thing I've noticed being around a university is that the extreme encouragement to "not conform to gender roles" is oftentimes part of an ideological stance, in a parent, that is also hostile towards cissexual orientations. There are quite a few feminist parents out there who refuse to expose their children to anything that is considered feminine and many of them that I have met exude an aura of hostility towards cissexual people, while being *extremely* positive towards alternative sexual orientations. Go figure, my experience with them interacting with their kids is that they show a clear preference to homosexuality over heterosexuality, treating one as "progressive" and the other tied to all sorts of bad social developments over history. With that kind of atmosphere in a home, a kid might find themselves pushed into something they don't come to naturally. Of course, the opposite could be said of heterosexual households which are openly anti-homosexual - but that's not what we're talking about.

Thanksgiving i see my wife's friend and family, obviously we're close enough we'll travel to see em, I'm a godfather for christs sake.

Anyway she's in the govt lives outside of DC was totally all Hillary, blah blah and told(showed) a closet full of Barbie, girlie gifts that she has from friends and she's not gonna give to her daughter.

She won't throw em away, but she's also not going to give her daughter anything "pink" or whatever, of course we knew she wanted to "stay away" from "girlie" things, so our gifts have been more neutral, but you know, ppl just buy shit, and she throws it in the feminazi closet, basically.

I mean the kid has long curly hair, wears dresses and shit, she just doesn't give her pink shit or dolls to play with.

Thoughts?
Sounds like she hates femininity

No, of course not. I'm making a crack at a certain kind of parent, not the kids. Girls who play with G.I. Joes tend to love the D just as much as the ones who played with Barbie dolls. And frankly, if they go another way in later life, who gives a rat's arse other than @ripskater ?

One thing I've noticed being around a university is that the extreme encouragement to "not conform to gender roles" is oftentimes part of an ideological stance, in a parent, that is also hostile towards cissexual orientations. There are quite a few feminist parents out there who refuse to expose their children to anything that is considered feminine and many of them that I have met exude an aura of hostility towards cissexual people, while being *extremely* positive towards alternative sexual orientations. Go figure, my experience with them interacting with their kids is that they show a clear preference to homosexuality over heterosexuality, treating one as "progressive" and the other tied to all sorts of bad social developments over history. With that kind of atmosphere in a home, a kid might find themselves pushed into something they don't come to naturally. Of course, the opposite could be said of heterosexual households which are openly anti-homosexual - but that's not what we're talking about.
I don't know what's going on but my daughter has a few barbies.

I'm just giving a nod to a religious crowd that is going to likely have some anxiety about having homosexual children. It my be unfair to you, but you're the first person that springs to mind around here when that comes up.

I'm just giving a nod to a religious crowd that is going to likely have some anxiety about having homosexual children. It my be unfair to you, but you're the first person that springs to mind around here when that comes up.

I was thinking Rip was gonna take over the world one Barbie and one little girl at a time.

Last edited:

One thing I've noticed being around a university is that the extreme encouragement to "not conform to gender roles" is oftentimes part of an ideological stance, in a parent, that is also hostile towards cissexual orientations. There are quite a few feminist mothers out there who refuse to expose their children to anything that is considered feminine and many of them that I have met exude an aura of hostility towards cissexual people, while being *extremely* positive towards alternative sexual orientations. Go figure, my experience with them interacting with their kids is that they show a clear preference to homosexuality over heterosexuality, treating one as "progressive" and the other tied to all sorts of bad social developments over history. With that kind of atmosphere in a home, a kid might find themselves pushed into something they don't come to naturally. Of course, the opposite could be said of heterosexual households which are openly anti-homosexual.

I'm 30, so it has been a while since I was in college. It seems like culture has changed a lot since then, because none of this stuff was really talked about on campus. The terms cisgender, transgender, etc were not part of the popular debate yet.

I think forcing a kid towards anything can be harmful, whether the intentions are good or not. But the mother in this story does not seem to be doing anything weird at all, she's just not big on Barbie. Maybe there is more to the story, but the TS even said the little girl seems perfectly normal (long hair, wears dresses, etc). She just doesn't give her daughter Barbie dolls, not a big deal to me at all.

I mean, let's face it, Barbie kinda sucks. She's a shitty toy that seems to be created to mirror the most annoying girls we all know. I just googled "Barbie Doll" to see what they even look like these days and it's just a bunch of princess dresses, yoga outfits, and cheerleading outfits. You don't have to be a feminist to look at Barbie and think she fucking sucks.

There are quite a few feminist parents out there who refuse to expose their children to anything that is considered feminine and many of them that I have met exude an aura of hostility towards cissexual people, while being *extremely* positive towards alternative sexual orientations. Go figure, my experience with them interacting with their kids is that they show a clear preference to homosexuality over heterosexuality, treating one as "progressive" and the other tied to all sorts of bad social developments over history.
QTF.

It is ideologically driven, and basically turns nature on its head tying to promote homosexuality (or at least neutralization of gender) over 'cis'.

It is the result of engineered ideological subversion programs running largely in the university system.

It is literally designed to be dysfunctional.

"Subversion refers to an attempt to transform the established social order and its structures of power, authority, and hierarchy. Subversion (Latin subvertere: overthrow) refers to a process by which the values and principles of a system in place are contradicted or reversed"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion

Presumably she will not donate them to a toy drive because then other girls would end up playing with them, in fact then spreading the "pink" influence even further than to just her own daughter.
And what, she can't throw then away because their plastic and that's not environmentally sound?

Quite the predicament she's made for herself.

Truth is that Hubby plays with them when home alone.
No, i think she just keeps em in a closet so if friends ask "hey where's that Barbie I got for her", she can just say "I'm holding it for her when she get's older or some shit" She's actually a closeted Feminazi, no pun.

Your friend is a dumb piece of shit who needs a lobotomy.

Back