Fedor vs Mitrione

ducked UFC his entire career

Not true:

00-01 Green Fighter, fought in Rings
01-07 Fought in Pride, the premier MMA org at the time (particularly at HW)
2007 post closure of Pride - Signed to M-1 global, attracted by their aspirations to be a competitor to the UFC and being presented equity in their business (and probably being russian) - Also, remember at the time the UFC had nothing to "duck" - Nog, Cro Cop and Herring who'd just joined he'd already beaten - Sylvia and AA he fought in Affliction (M-1 were working behind the scenes to built Affliction and get top HW's there, which they did) - Mir was being crushed by Vera and PeDaPano, there was no Lesnar on the scene, no Carwin, no Cain, no JDS, Werdum was there but was just beaten by AA, Monson was there, but he later beat him too - Randy was recent champ in UFC and that fight both Fedor and Randy wanted in Affiction, but was hamstrung by his UFC contract

Understand the MMA landscape was entirely different and with actual equity being presented to Fedor by M-1, it was a reasonable decision (at the time) to sign with them.

Once he signed there, he was bound by their decisions which was focused on what was best for THEIR business. E.g. stipulations of co-promotions, fighting in Affliction, fighting in Strikeforce, not being able to get to the UFC, etc. his opponents etc, were managed by M-1
2008-2013 (until his retirement, or first retirement, he was under this contract, he can't duck UFC opponents if you are unable to actually get to the UFC freely)
2015-16 (after announcing his comeback, finally a free agent) - you could argue he 'ducked' the UFC at 40 years old, but that was the first time since 07 he could actually freely go there.

I guess there was more money to be made elsewhere.

I hope this clears up the 'ducking his whole career' rubbish.

Mitrione KOing Fedor would haunt me for years. My stomach still turns when I picture manbearpig KOing Crocop or Leben KOing Wandy.

Where are the betting lines??

Guys let's all be honest

Fedor's perfomance in the cage is just downright Abysimal..he is 1-4 or 2-3 depending on how you count his fight against Maldonado but all those performance were awful

This is a fight in the cage, in the U.S, in a Scott Coker promotion

Everything is stacked against Fedor

in a ring based promotuon like RIZIN I would say slight edge to Fedor...in a U.S based cage promotion run by Scott Coker? Fedor has a 10% chance at best..AT BEST

The entire "Fedor is a dumb brawler" thing came solely from his performances in the cage

if Mitrione is at least evens in the betting I am putting money on that dude
What? I'm not Fedors biggest fan by any means but he's gonna clobber matt

What? I'm not Fedors biggest fan by any means but he's gonna clobber matt

He was gonna clobber, Maldonado, Werdum, Bigfoot and Henderson too

I mean how did he lose against Henderson? That seems like a much harder thing to do than to lose against Matt but he did it

It's the cage

aren't you a massive Cro Cop freak? Cro Cop has the same problem he cannot fight in a cage at all
so I don't see why you are acting so suprised

If Meathead can be aggressive and not reserved, he should handle this Fedor, perhaps easily. But, Matt has a tendency to sometimes choke, like against Kongo. He had every opportunity to win that fight and basically did nothing and handed the win to Kongo. If he comes in like that against Fedor, will be all over.

I will be betting on Meathead KO.....hopefully the fix is not in

Meathead is similar to Brett Rogers. 6'4 260lbs, fast for a big man with big power. I would say Rogers had more raw power but Meathead is a bit crisper with his strikes.

Fedor struggled with Rogers over 7 years ago so I would imagine Fedor will struggle with someone like Mitrione in 2017.

Riding with the GOAT but dont have a good feeling about this one.

Why isn't this for the HW belt ..If Fedor wins he did sign a 4 fight deal yes? I really don't like how my gut tells me Fedor will be slept in that cage by Meathead that would crush me...as much of a fan of Meathead I am...oh my

Meathead is similar to Brett Rogers. 6'4 260lbs, fast for a big man with big power. I would say Rogers had more raw power but Meathead is a bit crisper with his strikes.

Fedor struggled with Rogers over 7 years ago so I would imagine Fedor will struggle with someone like Mitrione in 2017.

Riding with the GOAT but dont have a good feeling about this one.
I think Meathead beats Rogers 10/10...Maybe the same build but they certainly don't have the same movement. Meathead is more similar to Fedor than Rogers. He likes to circle around and abruptly throw bombs. He's lighter on his feet, more agile.

I think Meathead beats Rogers 10/10...Maybe the same build but they certainly don't have the same movement. Meathead is more similar to Fedor than Rogers. He likes to circle around and abruptly throw bombs. He's lighter on his feet, more agile.

I was just comparing their mass, speed and power. I think Mitrione is a bit more technical and crisper with his strikes than Rogers but Rogers has the edge in raw power. Rogers came into the Fedor fight 10-0 with 10 KOs.

In any case if Fedor struggled with Rogers then I wont be shocked to see him struggle with Mitrione now in 2017.

I love Fedor, but I anticipate this will be an embarrassing and final punctuation mark on his career. I hope I'm wrong.

Always rooting for Mitrione I think he clips and finishes Fedor.

Mitrione is dangeous. He is a big dude with big firepower and still is agile. He is a cage guy while Fedor is not comfortable in a cage.

Matt's to lose, sadly. He has height, weight, strength and power on his side, for sure, and probably speed as well.

Fedor may (may) be slightly more accurate, and his handspeed is decent – especially for a forty year-old – but with every physical disadvantage and significantly degraded athleticism and technical ability he has to be the heavy underdog.

I reckon his best chance is to land a bomb, but he's never actually been a brutal puncher – just landed a couple of wild overhands just right (Arlovski, Rogers) and chopped down one man with a flurry of hooks (Sylvia).

Honestly I don't rate mittrione highly but fuck if fedor comes in like he did the Fabio fight... how do you pick him to win.

I don't want Fedor to get handled by mitrione. The more I think about it though. He's begging to get caught and mitrione has serious power

Fedor has a puncher's chance, that Samoan guy almost put Matt's lights out and was given time to recover by Big John so thinking Fedor doesn't have an iceberg's chance in hell is kind of ridiculous. I am with most people favoring Matt, but I still think Fedor has a possible shot.

Mitrione has a pucher chance. Fedor knows much more about any martial arts even MMA. He is multiple sambo world champion, good judoka since his childhood, he is a lifetime martial artist. Mitrione is a big, talented and agile dude who can take down anybody with a haymaker so he has puncher chance. Of course he learned a lot about MMA but he has no background.

Honestly I don't rate mittrione highly but fuck if fedor comes in like he did the Fabio fight... how do you pick him to win.

You don't, damn it all. As a Fedor fan, he either needs to start training and dieting seriously or stay retired. I do not want to see him take a beating.

Back