Fedor vs Mitrione

Andzso

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who do you got? After the Maldonado fight I think its bad matchup for Fedor. If heavy handed Meathead connects The Last Emperor goes down. Speed (???) and grapling skills for Fedor but hes way over his prime, and his chin became susceptible. Size, power, durability for Matt.

CxrSxw3WgAAg5ta.jpg

Who do you got? After the Maldonado fight I think its bad matchup for Fedor. If heavy handed Meathead connects The Last Emperor goes down. Speed (???) and grapling skills for Fedor but hes way over his prime, and his chin became susceptible. Size, power, durability for Matt.

CxrSxw3WgAAg5ta.jpg

Mitrione is dangerous for anyone because of his timing and power. He should still be in the UFC and that last fight should have been a no contest. Meathead (Meateye?) is one of my favourite fighters. That said, I don't think he causes trouble for Fedor in pure striking. Hendo caught Fedor in a scramble, and Maldonado had a technical style that Fedor had not faced previously. Mitrione's standup is good but Fedor has the edge.

Mitrione will try to Bigfoot Fedor, taking him down and keeping him there. I think Fedor will win by having the edge in the standup and keeping the fight standing.

Meathead is really difficult to assess, gotta give Fedor an edge here because of his experience

Im hoping mitriones speed gives him the edge but its a close fight for me to pick. It prolly won't playout close whoever wins but on paper its hard

I'd give a slight advantage to meathead just cause he has so much less miles on him, he isnt that much younger but in terms of fight years he is a baby in comparison... I am not ready to say Fedors chin is done yet cause he got clipped with a huge 1-2 from a great boxer, on the feet I think Fedor may still have a decent speed/timing advantage and just overall better striking. Matt needs to grind him against the cage, Fedor has always looked a bit lost against the cage.. Hard fight to call for me personally I'll be rooting for the old Legend but there is no doubt age has caught up with the emperor.

Guys let's all be honest

Fedor's perfomance in the cage is just downright Abysimal..he is 1-4 or 2-3 depending on how you count his fight against Maldonado but all those performance were awful

This is a fight in the cage, in the U.S, in a Scott Coker promotion

Everything is stacked against Fedor

in a ring based promotuon like RIZIN I would say slight edge to Fedor...in a U.S based cage promotion run by Scott Coker? Fedor has a 10% chance at best..AT BEST

The entire "Fedor is a dumb brawler" thing came solely from his performances in the cage

if Mitrione is at least evens in the betting I am putting money on that dude

Ehh. I'm a Fedor guy but he has lost his speed and his chin. It's just not working anymore, and he's too crazy to go on a dry-hump-him-against-the-cage-for-15-minutes farewell tour like Randy Couture did.

Some bad news to all Fedor fans:
He's starting his training camp tomorrow and it's going to take place in Stariy oskol. They are not going to Moscow like they said they would.
Pray for Fedya.

He's starting his training camp tomorrow and it's going to take place in Stariy oskol. They are not going to Moscow like they said they would.
Pray for Fedya.

I don't blame him given what happened with his daughter recently

Pray for Fedya.

aww what the fuck when will he learn....

My problem isn't who Fedor is fighting, as I think Mitrione is top comp for him at this stage.... my problem is, is he showing up the best Fedor he can be? Or is his training half-ass at a playground and coming in with 0 gameplan besides casting punches and "God wills it!"?

Last edited:

Since a MW punched out Fedor, Since he got sparked by Maldonado, and saved by Russian judges, likely Mitrione sleeps him inside one. Fedor has been the most overrated fighter in the sport, ducked UFC his entire career, dodged Reem twice in SF, and he is finally being exposed more and more.

I have a bad feeling that Fedor’s going to get rekt in the first – Current Fedor’s performances, and particularly cage performances, I just don’t see him finishing Mitrione

I think it will look like the Brett Rogers fight, but with a slower Fedor and no fight ending punch landed. I think Mitrione will eventually catch him or put him on his back and grind for a decision.

Big Matt is pretty inconsistent IMO but is still a very big, very fast, very strong opponent with a good skillset.

Also, I have not read anything about Fedor having dedicated cage training with high level partners for this fight. The guy is NOT comfortable in a cage, has never looked good in a cage, and has never seemed to adapt to the major differences in cage control vs ring control.

On a side note, the "mystery contract" storyline is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in MMA.

Back