Fedor Has The Best 'Prime' Wins

prime CC is the second best striker in MMA behind TJ dillashaw. Fedor outstruck him.
prime Nog is the second best HW jiu jitsu MMA guy behind Werdum. Fedor hopped into his guard, played bongo with his head and sent the corpse to the UFC.

Corpse Nog got killed in the UFC and everyone claims he was never that good.

Still not seeing a legit UFC fighter.

Oh well, back to Pride 2005 tapes.

So sad.

Nog and Cro Cop are the only impressive names on that list. Hunt had ZERO grappling. Sylvia and Arlovski were never world beaters. Other ones don't even deserve mention.

GSP's mamy wins over the top dogs (in their primes) in an absolute shark tank of a division put his resume well ahead of Fedor's. GSP's resume is both more stacked and way more impeccable (having brutally avenged the only losses on it)

Sylvia and Arlovski were never world-beaters.....

They were both UFC champions lol

Fitch and Koscheck had very underwhelming wins while being ranked in the top 3. Fitch beat Chris Wilson the fight before he fought GSP and then Gono after the title fight. Koscheck fought Paulo Thiago and got finished by him. They rarely fought other top 10 guys and when they did, they lost. Fitch almost lost to Erick Silva...

And Fedor was dominant at HW for 10 years. There's a reason you barely see 5-10 fight win streaks at HW and for Fedor to have a 31 fight win streak, his "loss" was bullshit, against guys who were usually bigger than him is the most impressive thing in MMA history.

The HW argument has merit, for sure. However, aside from the nature of the division that makes win streaks difficult to attain, I think the kiddie-pool depths of the division, and the lack of truly great HW's is also a reason we haven't seen many 5-10 fight win streaks.

Junior's run was impressive as fuck as well. He ran into a prime Velasquez, who is a greater fighter than Fedor ever fought. Stipe's current run is impressive as fuck (doesn't get near enough credit imo). The quality of guys he's putting away counts for a lot of cans on Fedor's record (lots of Japanese, that giant Asian, Fabio....who Stipe creamed).

Agreed that Fedor fought relatively bigger guys than Georges (relative to themselves), but I think we both know what would happen if I took the time to compile and compare their opponent's win-loss records. Beating better guys is more impressive than beating bigger guys imo

As for Fedor's loss being "bullshit", you can absolutely make that argument. But in that same breath you can definitely make a case that his win over Arona (a smaller man, since size of opponents is a key component of your argument) was bullshit.

Arona dominated that fight from top position, and I think all would agree that judges in any current promotion would be expected to award Ricardo the clear winner. If I remember correctly though the judges operated under a strange rule-set that awarded Fedor's ineffectual striking from bottom, but more importantly denied Arona the ability to to strike from top/mount or something like that (which could have spelled the end for him a la the Bigfoot fight).

Last edited:
ROFL the OP; many of those guys were not "prime" at the time.

He beat Nog twice, not three times, and Nog was having his best fight against Fedor when the accidental cut stopped the fight. Fedor changed his strategy to win the third fight, but we don't know how the second one would have gone if it hadn't been for the cut.

There are 2 fighters that likely would have been elite in today's game in there- Nog and CC, and those wins were all by decision. The idea he is more of a finisher than other greats is laughable. He finished mostly lesser fighters.

Prime Fedor was great, but not the greatest.

"There are 2 fighters that likely would have been elite in today's game in there- Nog and CC"

Mark Hunt is 42 years old and still ranked #5.

Sylvia and Arlovski were never world-beaters.....

They were both UFC champions lol

At a time when they were the only two half-decent fighters in the UFC's HW division. Didn't Arlovski have a title "defense" against Paul Buentello? Which to be fair isn't much (if at all) worse than some wins on Fedor's record.

The HW argument has merit, for sure. However, aside from the nature of the division that makes win streaks difficult to attain, I think the kiddie-pool depths of the division, and the lack of truly great HW's is also a reason we haven't seen many 5-10 fight win streaks.

Junior's run was impressive as fuck as well. He ran into a prime Velasquez, who is a greater fighter than Fedor ever fought. Stipe's current run is impressive as fuck (doesn't get near enough credit imo). The quality of guys he's putting away counts for a lot of cans on Fedor's record (lots of Japanese, that giant Asian, Fabio....who Stipe creamed).

Agreed that Fedor fought relatively bigger guys than Georges (relative to themselves), but I think we both know what would happen if I took the time to compile and compare their opponent's win-loss records. Beating better guys is more impressive than beating get bigger guys imo

As for Fedor's loss being "bullshit", you can absolutely make that argument. But in that same breath you can definitely make a case that his win over Arona (a smaller man, since size of opponents is a key component of your argument) was bullshit.

Arona dominated that fight from top position, and I think all would agree that judges in any current promotion would be expected to award Ricardo the clear winner. If I remember correctly though the judges operated under a strange rule-set that awarded Fedor's ineffectual striking from bottom, but more importantly denied Arona the ability to to strike from top/mount or something like that (which could have spelled the end for him a la the Bigfoot fight).

Fedor won 31 in a row beating everyone, including the "cans".

GSP had an impressive run, but got finished by Serra, who was indeed a "can" at WW.

And how do you figure Arona was smaller than Fedor? Because he cut weight and fought at LHW while Fedor didn't cut weight and fought at HW? Most of the LHWs from back then, and especially now, were the same size or bigger than Fedor. Which again speaks to how impressive his run was

Last edited:
-Prime Nog x3
-Prime Cro-Cop
-Prime Hunt
-Prime Arlovski
-Prime Slivia
-Prime Randleman
-Prime Goodridge

Can't see any other mma fighter who has more prime wins?

Yeah, I'd position GSP at #2.

Nog and Cro Cop are decent wins, but there styes have never transferred over to a cage too well.

Hunt was 300+ pounds and a one dimensional stand up fighter when he fought in Pride.

Arlovski has always been hot and cold throughout his whole career.

Silvia was a good win for the time, but was always a beatable HW once all of the talent fell under one roof in the UF

Randleman and Goodrich were tough, but are journeyman fighters by today's standards. Randleman is also a small HW. He was going to cut down to 185 before he got that terrible staff infection several years ago.

Nog and Cro Cop are decent wins, but there styes have never transferred over to a cage too well.

Hunt was 300+ pounds and a one dimensional stand up fighter when he fought in Pride.

Arlovski has always been hot and cold throughout his whole career.

Silvia was a good win for the time, but was always a beatable HW once all of the talent fell under one roof in the UF

Randleman and Goodrich were tough, but are journeyman fighters by today's standards. Randleman is also a small HW. He was going to cut down to 185 before he got that terrible staff infection several years ago.

Too bad there styles were fantastic for a ring, where Fedor fought and beat them.

Decent wins...

<DisgustingHHH>

-Prime Nog x3
-Prime Cro-Cop
-Prime Hunt
-Prime Arlovski
-Prime Slivia
-Prime Randleman
-Prime Goodridge

I wouldn't even put Georges at 2 Nog and Anderson were better overall. Georges had too many boring as fuck outings.

-Prime Nog x3
-Prime Cro-Cop
-Prime Hunt
-Prime Arlovski
-Prime Slivia
-Prime Randleman
-Prime Goodridge

Fedor fans are a joke....
You can poke holes through almost all those wins…
Get over the fedor love he was great in his era however sylvia hunt randl man goodridge just stop@

Hunt PRIDE: Young Fast Kick boxer.

GuL9S0s.gif

Hunt UFC: Old Slow Boxer, berely kick, no atomic butt drops allowed.

Hunt Pride >>>>>>> Hunt ufc
Please just give it up -
Hnt himself admitted in pride he didnt take it seriously and he has no grappling whatsoever

Nog, Cro Cop, and Arlovski, yeah (probably the four best wins of his career). Hunt had a weird career where it's hard to really mark where his prime was. He was dominantly stopped in the fights immediately before and after fighting Fedor.

His grappling got a lot better during his UFC stint than it was during his time in Pride even if his striking and physical attributes might not have been as sharp (although, it would appear the weight cap may have made him take training more seriously). Sylvia was probably a little passed his best, although, he looked sharp against a really shitty version of Nog before being an idiot in the 3rd round. Randleman was coming off that miraculous KO of Cro Cop and might have been as good as he ever was in MMA (Randleman was never that good to begin with). Goodridge was neither in his prime, nor a good win.

So yeah, four of those wins are what I'd call elite. Sylvia and to a lesser extent Hunt are decent wins. Randleman is less than that. Nice top wins, but not necessarily clearly above other great fighters.

Also Schilt, Herring, Arona, Babalu, Coleman, Lindland. All decorated, formidable professional fighters.

Fedor won 31 in a row beating everyone, including the "cans".

GSP had an impressive run, but got finished by Serra, who was indeed a "can" at WW.

And how do you figure Arona was smaller than Fedor? Because he cut weight and fought at LHW while Fedor didn't cut weight and fought at HW? Most of the LHWs from back then, as especially now, were the same size or bigger than Fedor. Which again speaks to how impressive his run was

I'd have to do some research (pictures, stats, measurements, etc) that I'm too lazy to do right now to determine the size discrepancy in question between Arona and Fedor.

And anything can happen in MMA. The 2nd Serra fight prove that the 1st was an anomaly. Pure aberration. And if Serra is a can so is Bigfoot. Who battered and crushed Fedor the second his streak was over. GSP has shown more resiliency, fight IQ, career longevity, and greatness to dust himself off from the Serra fluke and pick up where he left off. Fedor can't say the same. Except when he went back to Japan and started fighting cans again......then came back to America.

The WW division didn't become a "shark tank" until the WEC and Strikeforce mergers which were 2011 and late 2012/early 2013. And GSP had 4 title defenses in that span.

There's a reason why guys like Fitch, Koscheck, and Alves were top 3 in the WW division for years and it wasn't because of their talent. It was because there was so much more talent in other orgs.

And Fedor beat all the top talent in Pride, then he went and beat the top 2 UFC HW's at that time in Affliction in less than a round combined. Like who else did you want or expect him to beat at that time?

Fitch and Alves were ranked top 10 p4p worldwide at the time they fought GSP. So there goes your pathetic argument.

"There are 2 fighters that likely would have been elite in today's game in there- Nog and CC"

Mark Hunt is 42 years old and still ranked #5.

Thats because he developped some TDD. When Fedor beat Hunt, Mousasi beat him faster and with much more ease.

Back