Fedor Has The Best 'Prime' Wins

Nog and Cro Cop are the only impressive names on that list. Hunt had ZERO grappling. Sylvia and Arlovski were never world beaters. Other ones don't even deserve mention.

That's not true at all, you only need to watch the fight to see Hunt did have grappling ability at that point. People take his Dream run as a sign he only started training seriously in the UFC but the reality is he started well in Pride and was in his physical prime before going off the rails with little to aim for.

The main difference is in Pride he was facing guys like Fedor and Barnett who were both good wrestlers and good sub fighters, that kind of opponent doesn't really exist at HW today.

Hunt PRIDE: Young Fast Kick boxer.

GuL9S0s.gif

Hunt UFC: Old Slow Boxer, berely kick, no atomic butt drops allowed.

Hunt Pride >>>>>>> Hunt ufc

Between the two of them they held the UFC HW championship for 4 years. Sounds like they beat world for a while.

Cus between the two of them they were the only half decent fighters in that division

That's not true at all, you only need to watch the fight to see Hunt did have grappling ability at that point. People take his Dream run as a sign he only started training seriously in the UFC but the reality is he started well in Pride and was in his physical prime before going off the rails with little to aim for.

The main difference is in Pride he was facing guys like Fedor and Barnett who were both good wrestlers and good sub fighters, that kind of opponent doesn't really exist at HW today.

Mark Hunt got submitted by Sean McKorkle...... I rest my case.

Lol at prime Hunt. Physical prime maybe, but he had no ground skills.

Mark Hunt got submitted by Sean McKorkle...... I rest my case.

No you ignore my post entirely and just state the same arguiement I was debunking, Hunt during his Pride run developed a decent sub game(at least as good as what he has now anyway). Post Fedor though he was inactive for 18 months and when he returned he was by his own admission barely training at all and had little to aim for it Dream. The McCorkle fight was the turning point, Dana offered to pay him off rather than have him fight again and he got his act back together although was no longer at his best physically.

Fedor prime magicly vanished the instant he lost, even if some of his best wins are right before his run in Strikeforce. How convenient.

-Prime Nog x3
-Prime Cro-Cop
-Prime Hunt
-Prime Arlovski
-Prime Slivia
-Prime Randleman
-Prime Goodridge

Can't see any other mma fighter who has more prime wins?

Yeah, I'd position GSP at #2.

The key is Nog. Most goofs here don't remember that before Fedor came, Nog was universally seen as the best and most complete HW in history. Best bjj, top boxing, granite chin and cardio.

-Prime Nog x3
-Prime Cro-Cop
-Prime Hunt
-Prime Arlovski
-Prime Slivia
-Prime Randleman
-Prime Goodridge

Can't see any other mma fighter who has more prime wins?

Yeah, I'd position GSP at #2.

Okay, I'll bite.

Fedor hiding behind ropes > Fedor in a cage

You win.

#1 GSP
#2 fedor
(because Jones & Silva fckd up)
#3 MM
(will pass fedor soon enough)

Fedor is above gsp and mighty mouse because he legit was the guy who could beat all other fighters.

Fedor prime magicly vanished the instant he lost, even if some of his best wins are right before his run in Strikeforce. How convenient.

This is the biggest narrative myth and straw man on sherdog. Everytime it gets brought up people mention he was already losing it during the arlovski/brett rogers time. Obviously he was still good enough to win but the decline was noticeable.

Back